BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

2013 F12/13 and New Updated Nav Pro Status?

What is the story with the updated Nav system that is supposed to be in the 2013 M6's. It seems the images from ones that are currently delivered or at dealers don't have the new Nav, is that because the very first batch was May/June production?

I believe the easiest way to tell the difference in pictures is that the new Nav has a Full Rectangle Orange highlight when an option is seelcted, where as in the old (current) nav, you get a hollow orange rectangle on selection. Am I right on this?

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
What is the story with the updated Nav system that is supposed to be in the 2013 M6's. It seems the images from ones that are currently delivered or at dealers don't have the new Nav, is that because the very first batch was May/June production?

I believe the easiest way to tell the difference in pictures is that the new Nav has a Full Rectangle Orange highlight when an option is seelcted, where as in the old (current) nav, you get a hollow orange rectangle on selection. Am I right on this?

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
All I can do is agree with your assumption. If you read the iDrive announcement Jason posted the new system was cut in on the M6 in July. Based on when the initial batch of launch cars showed up at the dealerships I think they had to be built before the update.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

The new nav in the M6 is from July production on. Picking ours up in Munich later this month and was told that it does have the new nav system. Shows building in 3D and has. 200 gb hard drive. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post

Can anyone interject?

Thanks

RCK
I've been asking this question here for a few weeks now. No real answer to date.

I'm puzzled by this. Like you say, all pictures to date suggest old nav in M6 Coupe, but the release schedule published here states July production. My dealer (in the UK) says there is no NAV update yet for the M6 Coupe. That would be a real shame on a car not even officially released here yet, to arrive with defunct technology.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
The new nav in the M6 is from July production on. Picking ours up in Munich later this month and was told that it does have the new nav system. Shows building in 3D and has. 200 gb hard drive. Hope this helps.
I would assume this is accurate. The new F10 M5's that are popping up have the updated nav and the rollout time was similar. I couldn't get a definite on mine either but I pick up mine the end of this month as well.
      09-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #6
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6

Any new deliveries or confirmation on post July build M6's having the updated Nav?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

My build is this week with a delivery of prob next week. i will post pics and give a confirmation if someone doesn't beat me to it.
      09-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #8
DASF13
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

I had week 35 production (mid-end of August). Vehicle just left the port a few days ago on the 15th. I called my sales rep to look into this for me, and was happily informed that it DOES have the new IDRIVE!!!

So if your week 35 and up, I would go ahead and assume the same goes for you. I cant however say anything about July production, and obviously nothing is 100% until I see it with my own eyes! However, I could not imagine the rep making such a mistake in misinforming their client.

Good luck to all, will definitely post when I pick up the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASF13
I had week 35 production (mid-end of August). Vehicle just left the port a few days ago on the 15th. I called my sales rep to look into this for me, and was happily informed that it DOES have the new IDRIVE!!!

So if your week 35 and up, I would go ahead and assume the same goes for you. I cant however say anything about July production, and obviously nothing is 100% until I see it with my own eyes! However, I could not imagine the rep making such a mistake in misinforming their client.
These are consistent with the new navigation pro schedule that was announced on the homepage:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #10
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

Anyone with the new Nav to show off yet??
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

M6 Convertible Eu Professional Nav

I did took delivery on September 17 of the new M6 Convertible. The nav shows 3D buildings (see pic - BMW HQ, Factory, Welt & Olympia Park tower) and the delivery agent at the BMW Welt acknowledged that the car does have the new "professional" system with the 200G hard drive as of all July + production. Have no way to check it until the car arrives in the US. Although the German map was loaded, we did see SOME 3D buildings in populated areas as we were driving through Germany. It was explained to us that when the car arrives back in the US, the German map will be deleted and the North America map will be loaded. Once we get the car back in the US, will check it out and re-post.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
Anyone with the new Nav to show off yet??
See previous post by - fitmaster
Appreciate 0