BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

Closed Thread

02-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #45
WhiteWalker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

The one claim would have satisfied,right?

The second claim was erroneous on its very foundation as you admitted.

I asked you to close the 2nd claim prior to me sending you funds and a picture of where my first $200 went. Two very reasonable request prior to sending you more money . You chose not to, THAT isn't cooperating.

You wanted to have both claims going against me and see how they played out knowing full well there was an opportunity you could win both as you set things up and also knowing that me settling one claim with you still left me holding the bag on another open claim, and come to find out A chargeback dispute you didn't disclose to me, PayPal did after I won the claim and didn't get the funds.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #46
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
The one claim would have satisfied,right?

The second claim was erroneous on its very foundation as you admitted.

I asked you to close the 2nd claim prior to me sending you funds and a picture of where my first $200 went. Two very reasonable request prior to sending you more money . You chose not to, THAT isn't cooperating.

You wanted to have both claims going against me and see how they played out knowing full well there was an opportunity you could win both as you set things up and also knowing that me settling one claim with you still left me holding the bag on another open claim, and come to find out A chargeback dispute you didn't disclose to me, PayPal did after I won the claim and didn't get the funds.
you guys yelling at each other isnt going to help anything. Please try not to address each other - address me and please answer the questions I have asked. And yes, Zack was clearly doubling down in his attempt to get a favorable result, but that doesn't mean he or you is right about the underlying dispute.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #47
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
I dont know whether what you are saying about paypal is true, but he could reasonably worried his return would fall through since with painted tips it was not in the same condition as it was when you sold it to him.
You two were apparently having discussions about you paying for the valves to be replaced, and he says he has texts to prove it. It could be reasonable for him to prefer fixing the exhaust he has rather than paying to take it off, reinstall his old one if he still has it, and incur all that extra expense.

Forget about paypal though - it is truly immaterial.

As far as pictures - yes, Zack should send pictures of the cut wires and the repairs, assuming he had it repaired, although that is kind if immaterial as he isnt required to actually use the money to repair it. Just like if you are involved in a fender bender and the insurance company pays you for your damage, you aren't required to get the car fixed.
'
Pictures are part of proving your claim, and if he has them he should send them. just as he should also send whatever paperwork he has from the installer proving the condition of the valves. When you present hard evidence, its hard to argue about it.
This is absolutely correct, I was in fact concerned that the return would fall through since with painted tips it was not in the same condition as it was when sold to me so I wouldn't have been awarded the return since the seller would have told PayPal that the tips were not painted black originally.

Plus, I did prefer fixing the exhaust and keeping it as I really wanted it rather than paying to take it off, and incur all extra expenses relating to that.

I did send pictures of the damage of the spliced wire to the seller right away, however I did not send the pictures of the spliced wire after as like you stated, it was't necessary.

I am willing to share pictures on here of how the spliced wire was when I first opened the shipping box, and also the documentation from the shop as I do not need permission from the seller as none of his personal information would appear on those items.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #48
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
This is absolutely correct, I was in fact concerned that the return would fall through since with painted tips it was not in the same condition as it was when sold to me so I wouldn't have been awarded the return since the seller would have told PayPal that the tips were not painted black originally.

Plus, I did prefer fixing the exhaust and keeping it as I really wanted it rather than paying to take it off, and incur all extra expenses relating to that.

I did send pictures of the damage of the spliced wire to the seller right away, however I did not send the pictures of the spliced wire after as like you stated, it was't necessary.

I am willing to share pictures on here of how the spliced wire was when I first opened the shipping box, and also the documentation from the shop as I do not need permission from the seller as none of his personal information would appear on those items.
do you have pictures of the wiring fixed, or a receipt for that work?

where did the $200 quote that he refunded to you come from?
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #49
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you guys yelling at each other isnt going to help anything. Please try not to address each other - address me and please answer the questions I have asked. And yes, Zack was clearly doubling down in his attempt to get a favorable result, but that doesn't mean he or you is right about the underlying dispute.
I agree, upstate. I believe that I have been very respectful.

The 2nd claim was opened because it was based in connection with the first.

I was not interested in winning both claims like I have been telling PayPal and the seller all along. If I won both claims, I would have personally sent the seller the difference.

I was ONLY looking for $803.48

If PayPal closed the dispute in my favor on both, I would have given the remainder of the money back to the seller as I just wanted what was quoted by the shop to get everything to working condition.

I disputed the charge of $803.48 with my credit card since PayPal was of no help since they kept insisting that I send the darn thing back every time.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #50
WhiteWalker
Private First Class
Rep

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to even talk about with a chargeback dispute still open, $900+unaccounted for, and $60+ Im into PayPal for to specifically work with the card issuer on this chargeback... which I haven't heard a word on.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #51
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree, upstate. I believe that I have been very respectful.

The 2nd claim was opened because it was based in connection with the first.

I was not interested in winning both claims like I have been telling PayPal and the seller all along. If I won both claims, I would have personally sent the seller the difference.

I was ONLY looking for $803.48

If PayPal closed the dispute in my favor on both, I would have given the remainder of the money back to the seller as I just wanted what was quoted by the shop to get everything to working condition.

I disputed the charge of $803.48 with my credit card since PayPal was of no help since they kept insisting that I send the darn thing back every time.
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to even talk about with a chargeback dispute still open, $900+unaccounted for, and $60+ Im into PayPal for to specifically work with the card issuer on this chargeback... which I haven't heard a word on.
well, you two can keep pounding your heads against the wall or try to work something out. Its up to you. Provide the info I ask for and I will tell you what a judge will do.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #52
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
do you have pictures of the wiring fixed, or a receipt for that work?

where did the $200 quote that he refunded to you come from?
I can take pictures of the wiring as it sits today if you'd like to see it, I don't have a receipt.

The $200 quote was given to me by GTHAUS when I contacted them direct initially.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #53
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Whitewalker seems shady, like he knows he did something unethical.

Just take the guy to court and have him pay for your legal bills too. He doesn't seem willing to find a solution so might as well start acting. I'd have lost my cool by now that's for sure.
      02-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #54
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I can take pictures of the wiring as it sits today if you'd like to see it, I don't have a receipt.

The $200 quote was given to me by GTHAUS when I contacted them direct initially.
take the pictures and post them. neither of you trusts anything the other person says, and understandably so at this point. Let the evidence do the talking.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #55
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Whitewalker seems shady, like he knows he did something unethical.

Just take the guy to court and have him pay for your legal bills too. He doesn't seem willing to find a solution so might as well start acting. I'd have lost my cool by now that's for sure.
you generally are responsible for your own legal fees. Not 100% certain in florida, but thats usually the way it works.

Let it play out. No sense jumping to conclusions. Both sides could have handled things differently but the evidence will tell the tale.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #56
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
whitewalker - a couple questions I have for you - did you initially agree to pay for the replacement of the valves to make the mufflers fully functional? did you rescind the offer to do so? If you did rescind it, why?

You don't have a problem with Zack posting the texts as long as your number isn't shown, do you?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #57
WhiteWalker
Private First Class
Rep

I put everything on the table, what exactly is shady? What's shady about: return the exhaust if you want a refund?!

The guy took $200 from me because he said a wire was split that I shipped in perfect condition but In good faith sent the funds.

When he comes back all this time later with the exhaust installed, and Painted tips wanting additional funds it was another huge red flag. In addition to the wire being mysteriously cut and one out of four remotes mysteriously missing from the entire package.

It's requires little to know skill to test the valve solenoids on delivery and maybe he did and they worked, or maybe he fried them, how do i know?! What I do know is if the main function of a very expensive exhaust wasn't working when I took delivery I wouldn't paint, install it on my car, and then list my previous exhaust for sale.

Asking for proof he replaced the wire and the money I sent him was specifically used for that purpose was an indicator whether the buyer is being honest with me.

His reluctancy in return good faith to agree and show me my money was used to cover the wire issue, and close a second claim he admittedly filed in malice to double down is what is shady.

I was very close in willing to come to an agreement with the buyer. In my mind I was dumbfounded that there was issues especially given the care and attention I put into the unit. I was willing to reach some understanding to avoid bad Karma my way by pure chance something was wrong and I hadn't known it.

It was when the actions above began taking place and his tone became very threatening that I though I was being taken advantage of.

In that position the item was in his possession, all funds have been removed from my account, and over two times the amount of damage he was seeking was being leveraged over my head in multiple claims that he told me he filed to stick it too me for not paying him when and what he wanted

He gave me no clear commitment or indication he would close the claims once I paid which I asked for repeatedly, he gave me or provided me with no clear indication that PayPal would close both claims if I completed a settlement.

Buyer sent me messages when he thought he was positioned properly with his disputed urging and coaxing me to "pay now", "this is your last chance" "PayPal will do the right thing" and has recently called me from blocked and unknown numbers.

I received nothing but one sided, in unbending, aggressive tactics when speaking about a resolution which ultimately forced me into me decision to let PayPal dictate the outcome, which the buyer was completely compliant in doing.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #58
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
I know it's hard but please try to take the emotion out of it. So if I understand you right you are saying you did agree to cover the repairs, but that was after he had already filed the dispute, and you weren't 100% certain he would withdraw the dispute if you paid him the money for the repairs?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #59
WhiteWalker
Private First Class
Rep

My only emotion is in defense of my reputation.

That is one piece of it of course.

The question becomes where does it end, all the while it's on his car and I have no funds whatsoever.

I agreed to work this out amicably not cover any repairs at whatever cost.
Appreciate 1
mister2d155.50
      02-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #60
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
My only emotion is in defense of my reputation.

That is one piece of it of course.

The question becomes where does it end, all the while it's on his car and I have no funds whatsoever.

I agreed to work this out amicably not cover any repairs at whatever cost.
I understand why you are upset but emotions just make it harder to reach and understanding. It's easier with a third person involved.

I've asked him to post up the receipts and estimates he has. Do you have any reason to believe the shop the is dealing with isn't reputable? Do you know which shop it is?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #61
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

I can post the texts where the seller had agreed to pay me the "$800". I can post that, along with the receipt of the installation from my shop as well as the Estimate for getting the EV valve assemblies that are currently corroded.

Just give me the green light and I will post it to the thread. I have removed all personal info of the seller and myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #62
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

This is a picture of the spliced wire as soon as I took the bubble wrap off. I sent this picture to the seller immediately after I discovered this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #63
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

You both are schmucks.

Number 1, Zack, you should have ensured the correct operation of the exhaust BEFORE painting anything just to keep your options open in case it didn't work. Types of situations like these are why. At least you were smart enough to pay with a credit card and are able to dispute the charge. It doesn't matter if Paypal decided against you, Paypal's decision has no legal standing when it comes to charge disputes. If the card company decides in your favor, Paypal will hand that money over and that will be the final say. Paypal disputes are simply an internal way of handling disputes for Paypal and it's members but is not the end-all, be-all.

If you have texts, post them.....you don't need permission from anyone here and it would lend a lot of credibility to your story.

As for whitewalker, stop talking about your "online credibility", you have none. No one knows who each other is on this board. You haven't posted any references as it relates your credibility on any site, good or bad.

Post the texts.....if he said he would reimburse the $800, that's pretty damning evidence.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #64
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I can post the texts where the seller had agreed to pay me the "$800". I can post that, along with the receipt of the installation from my shop as well as the Estimate for getting the EV valve assemblies that are currently corroded.

Just give me the green light and I will post it to the thread. I have removed all personal info of the seller and myself.
you dont need his consent, post the receipt for the wire repair, the estimate for the muffler repair. I think whitewalker has already acknowledged he agreed to pay the 800 for the muffler repair at one point.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #65
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Ok, here you go guys. It should be clear who is who...but I am on the right, and he is on the left in the texts.

You can see that he agrees to pay the "800".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:30 AM   #66
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Here is the Invoice of my installation of the exhaust as well as the Invoice of what it will cost to get it to advertised working condition.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread