BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
inscrutable
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 x35i (2015)

iphone 15 pro bluetooth connection problems

Got the new iphone 15 with os 17.0.2 installed.

It pairs fine with my 2015 bmw. But when making calls, the bluetooth connection to the car either drops immediately, or a few minutes into the call.

Spotify (and presumably other audio) works fine.

This has never been a problem with my iphone 13 pro.

I've tried unpairing, deleting the connection on both sides, as well as a "fourth reset" where you hold the volume button down for 30 seconds to force a reset. Nothing has fixed the problem.

I checked on the website, and it says there are no new software updates to the bluetooth.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this one that a software update will fix? Or was there something wrong with my phone (hardware) or the way I transferred my old phone info to my new?

HELP! This is driving me bananananas....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 06:15 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
My iPhone 15 works fine in my 2018 M2.
      11-13-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
inscrutable
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 x35i (2015)

Still having bluetooth connection problems between my new iphone 15 pro and 2015 x1

My 2015 bmw x1 i35x, which I bought pre-owned in 2018, keeps dropping the bluetooth connection during calls with my new iphone 15 pro.

I've updated to the latest OS 17.1.1, and checked my bmw vin, which says my software is up-to-date. I checked on idrive and see that the "telephone" portion of the software was last update in 2014 (which I imagine is when the car was first sold.)

Is this most likely something apple will eventually address in an os17 update, or does my car need to be forced to have a new bluetooth update?

It's quite a problem, as it's a pain not to be able to talk to people while driving without a 75% chance the call will drop off bluetooth (though the call won't drop- I just won't be able to hear people through speakers, though presumably they can still hear me.)

HELP! Is this something that BMW can fix? Is there an elegant 3rd party solution where I can install carplay, and that would fix it? Would it even fix it?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 03:14 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Hmm. Have you tried using a USB to USB C cord and plugging your iPhone in? It should solve the problem.
      12-17-2023, 12:58 AM   #5
Lafleur
Rep
Drives: 320d E91N 04/2011

did you solve it?
same issue here with E91, iphone 15 pro and latest 17.2 ios...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 06:38 AM   #6
Lafleur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketullabrakes View Post
Reset Network Settings: Sometimes, network settings can affect Bluetooth connections. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks, passwords, and paired Bluetooth devices.
The phone is brand new so no old connections to reset. I created a new one.

Quote:
Check BMW Software Updates: Ensure your BMW's software is up to date. Occasionally, car systems require updates to maintain compatibility with newer phone models.
I checked on the official bmw web site and no update version for my car.

Quote:
Contact Apple Support: Reach out to Apple Support. They might have additional troubleshooting steps specific to the iPhone 15 or be aware of any known issues with the Bluetooth connectivity on this model.
I did, they told me to reset the phone. Really I need to reset a brand new phone? I connected to my car after 20 minutes I bought the phone.

Quote:
Visit an Apple Store or BMW Service Center: If possible, visit an Apple Store or a BMW service center. Sometimes, in-person assistance can identify hardware issues or provide more tailored solutions.
I did, they told me to change car with brand new bmw and carplay out of the box.

Quote:
Patience for Updates: If it's a software issue, an upcoming iOS update might address this problem. Keep an eye out for new iOS updates and install them as soon as they're available.
I think 17.2 is an already proven ios version compared to a newly 17.0 and as I read it on the web, this bug actually exists since iphone 15 pro was released...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 05:20 AM   #7
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Same issue. Posted on the Apple Community and also filled in the feedback form. Beware that the feedback form has a small character limit thus they suggest you post the link with a small description. The links are:

Some of the posts:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...01?sortBy=best

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...94?sortBy=best

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/726262

Feedback form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 06:26 AM   #8
Lafleur
Rep

with latest 17.3 ios update the issue is already up, disconnection after a phone call. I think i'm going to buy a chinese aftermarket carplay...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 10:23 PM   #9
Leigh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011

Why BMW X3 2011 model doesnt connect bluetooth well with iphone 15pro

Is it true that there is no way the software can be upgraded for a 2011 model so it connects with a iphone 15pro??

I see other posts are having the same problem..

One BMW advisor said get an MMI Box fitted..

I see also on Aliexpress devices called CarAIBOX 2in1 Wireless CarPlay Dongle Wireless Android Auto Box For Car Radio with Wired CarPlay

Do these work??

Have others had similar problems??

The expert told me the iphone 15 pro uses bluetooth 5.30 which the 2011 model BMW software cannot connect with

is that true?

has anyone solved this problem in a very cost effective way??
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 03:42 PM   #10
Lafleur
Rep

it seams they fixed with ios 17.4? maybe yes... no more disconnection...
Appreciate 0