BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
Rosho808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Warranty issue question-PDC related

So the other day the PDC failure light came on no big deal I set up an an appointment to have it looked at, the SA comes back and tells me my two drivers side sensors are malfunctioning, but because my car has ram air scoops the bumper must have been removed and therefore the warranty will not be covering the repairs?? So we all know you can install the scoops without removing the bumper and I plan to show them that video but anything else I can try?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

"warranty covering the repairs" Re phrase this....it can be read two ways, so I'll give you my thoughts on both ways:

1. If they're saying they're denying your warranty, then that's BS. Obviously a physical cosmetic part that's barely in the vicinity of the sensors are not going to be the root cause of the issue. You need to take it up with BMWNA and start citing that law regarding unrelated warranty rejections.

2. If they're saying they think they'll damage the scoops on the bumper removal, then that's a legitimate concern. You can either:
a. offer to sign away their liability for damaging your scoops
b. remove the scoops yourself and then show up at the dealership/or another dealership and get the work done.
      06-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
Rosho808
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

UPDATE- Showed them the video and after calling his manager they agreed to cover the repairs and replace the sensors under warranty LOL good try BMWNA
Appreciate 0