03-25-2019, 04:01 AM   #45
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
And the CLS came out ages ago and was called a coupe, how are people just now catching onto this? Literally every brand has some form of four door "coupe."
Not even remotely the first to do a 4-dr coupe......

That was Rover back in 1962, when they introduced a 'coupe' version of the Mk2 version of the Rover P5, when they effective did a factory roof chop on the P5, and reduced the roof height by 2" with a slope to the rear and slimmer roof pillars....and called it a coupe as well.

Quote:
Would it also surprise people that a whole island of people pronounce the word CoopAy?
Since when has France been an island?
      03-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #46
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
L, if you don't need the room checkout the Macan. This Coupe SUV segment is truly getting out of hand. I would guess the Macan's performance will be better do to it's size......Phil
Hey Phil, What's up, stranger? I will check them both out when the time comes. Only 6 months in to my current lease. I'd do the Turbo, I imagine the Macan offers a Turbo also?

L-
      03-25-2019, 07:11 AM   #47
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Quote:
And the CLS came out ages ago and was called a coupe, how are people just now catching onto this? Literally every brand has some form of four door "coupe."
Not even remotely the first to do a 4-dr coupe......

That was Rover back in 1962, when they introduced a 'coupe' version of the Mk2 version of the Rover P5, when they effective did a factory roof chop on the P5, and reduced the roof height by 2" with a slope to the rear and slimmer roof pillars....and called it a coupe as well.

Quote:
Would it also surprise people that a whole island of people pronounce the word CoopAy?
Since when has France been an island?
How about people that type in this language?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #48
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Hey Phil, What's up, stranger? I will check them both out when the time comes. Only 6 months in to my current lease. I'd do the Turbo, I imagine the Macan offers a Turbo also?

L-
The Macan Turbo is a beast....drive one when you get the chance. I tried to talk the CEO into one but she luvs her Q3. But of course I'll circle back around when I think she's bored with it ……..Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15567.50
      03-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #49
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
The Macan Turbo is a beast....drive one when you get the chance. I tried to talk the CEO into one but she luvs her Q3. But of course I'll circle back around when I think she's bored with it ……..Phil
I test drove a Macan Turbo before I got my C GTS and I liked it but the space was a little small as we will probably have kids soon and I snowboard a lot.

I would take a Macan over this Coupe every day of the year! Lower to the ground, PDK, and much lighter.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15567.50
      03-27-2019, 08:40 PM   #50
Fade135is
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135is #319/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Im just going to say what immediately comes to mind... even if its ignorant...

I thoght coupes only had two doors?

Also, never heard of an SUV referred to as a coupe
I believe the newer definition of the word “coupe” is sloping roof line.
But I fully agree, it should and has always meant 2 doors to me.
Appreciate 2
sspade2460.00
cmyx6go15567.50