BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
suliman
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Angry *WEIRD NOISE in my BMW 640i 2016 \ F06 HELP* video provided

Hi guys it's my first time in this website I hope it will be a great experience

I have 640i\f06 after I wash it with water usually a weird sound come from between the engine and the front left tire

and since I bought it 2016 I took it to the dealership like 1000 time ,but they don't know what's the issue

any suggestions , or some had the some issue

this is a video so. you can see.

Last edited by suliman; 06-26-2018 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: I want a bold title but I don’t know how
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Wow, that is one of the weirdest noises I have ever heard car make. The dealer cannot tell where that is coming from? How long does it take to go away after you wash it? Does it occur from just washing the outside, or do you spray off the engine?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
mrjsmith88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suliman View Post
Hi guys it's my first time in this website I hope it will be a great experience

I have 640i\f06 after I wash it with water usually a weird sound come from between the engine and the front left tire

and since I bought it 2016 I took it to the dealership like 1000 time ,but they don't know what's the issue

any suggestions , or some had the some issue

this is a video so. you can see.
That sounds like the most wickedest vacuum leak or air pump is bad if we have one I'm not quite sure I kno Audi do
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #4
suliman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Wow, that is one of the weirdest noises I have ever heard car make. The dealer cannot tell where that is coming from? How long does it take to go away after you wash it? Does it occur from just washing the outside, or do you spray off the engine?
It occurs after washing just the out side since day 1
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
suliman
Rep

Quote:
It usually stays about an hour
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #6
Opie55
Colonel
Rep

Since I don't have a 640, I can't look at what is located over there. Does it matter if the engine is hot or cold before you wash the car? I was thinking that maybe the water is cooling a metal part, and causing it to shrink and break some seal. But that would not make any sense if it squeals like that at startup even if the engine is dead cold. Also, it does not seem like it would take an hour for a part to get hot again.

I'm still very curious about this happening if you wash only the exterior of the car. That would lead me to try a process of elimination. For example, does it do it if you wash the car as normal, but wash only the back half? Seriously. If that does not do anything, then try washing the whole car, but be careful to eliminate spraying water in a certain location each time. On separate occasions, don't spray (1) at the base of the windshield by the wipers, (2) in the wheel wells, (3) the wheels themselves, (4) into the grill, (5) under the car. I cannot believe that getting only the exterior paint wet is causing it, so water is getting on something internal. If you can figure out what entry point makes a difference, you can probably start to track it down. The base of the windshield seems like a likely culprit to me. I might try that first. Avoid spraying there, and even stuff towels into the gap to catch any that might get in.

EDIT: And I was going to ask if it happens in the rain, but I see you live in Saudi Arabia, so never mind.

Last edited by Opie55; 06-26-2018 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #7
Opie55
Colonel
Rep

Also, have you tried washing it while the car is running to see when it starts making the noise?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #8
suliman
Rep

Quote:
Since I don't have a 640, I can't look at what is located over there. Does it matter if the engine is hot or cold before you wash the car? I was thinking that maybe the water is cooling a metal part, and causing it to shrink and break some seal. But that would not make any sense if it squeals like that at startup even if the engine is dead cold. Also, it does not seem like it would take an hour for a part to get hot again.

I'm still very curious about this happening if you wash only the exterior of the car. That would lead me to try a process of elimination. For example, does it do it if you wash the car as normal, but wash only the back half? Seriously. If that does not do anything, then try washing the whole car, but be careful to eliminate spraying water in a certain location each time. On separate occasions, don't spray (1) at the base of the windshield by the wipers, (2) in the wheel wells, (3) the wheels themselves, (4) into the grill, (5) under the car. I cannot believe that getting only the exterior paint wet is causing it, so water is getting on something internal. If you can figure out what entry point makes a difference, you can probably start to track it down. The base of the windshield seems like a likely culprit to me. I might try that first. Avoid spraying there, and even stuff towels into the gap to catch any that might get in.

EDIT: And I was going to ask if it happens in the rain, but I see you live in Saudi Arabia, so never mind.
Good point about the at rain Saudi Arabia BTW it rains at least 10 times a year ,usually verrrry heavy rain

Actually about your point that if I washed just some parts , the sound starts after washing the front left rim with plenty of water
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #9
suliman
Rep

Quote:
Also, have you tried washing it while the car is running to see when it starts making the noise?
The sound doesn’t occur when the car is running
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #10
Opie55
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suliman View Post
The sound doesn’t occur when the car is running
A non-running car makes that noise???? Well now I am stumped. But if it is not running, how they heck can the dealer not tell where it is coming from? Usually it is all the sounds from a running engine that can mask where noise is coming from.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #11
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe F06 LCI

Hi, I see that this guy experienced something similar. However his car was on when it made the similar sound after washing and turns out to be the belt of his ac compressor pully. Otherwise, would it possibly be your front left brakes? I'm just roughly piecing together cold water + hot metal(?)

Hope it might help
link: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f13/t1538...eo-inside.html
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #12
suliman
Rep

I really need a solution
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #13
suliman
Rep