BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Key switch location in trunk

Hey Guys,I have the wireless meistershaft exhaust valves, the controller just needs a 12v pos and neg connection,I found out even when not in use it puts a small draw on the battery leading to a warning on my dash after about 5 days leading me to believe it was a bad battery.
I have been using a piggy back fuse holder in the rear fuse box for my power source but all these fuses always have constant power from what I tried.

Can someone please tell me where I can get a switched power source in the truck, what wire or maybe I missed something in rear fuse box any info would be appreciated.Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
You need to look for the switched circuit (which stays on for about 15 minutes after turning off the car). There are several in the fuse box on the right hand side in the trunk. Try fuse 128 to 136. I seem to remember that that is a switched fuse.

See https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ear/1VnXFmUESj for diagram
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
You need to look for the switched circuit (which stays on for about 15 minutes after turning off the car). There are several in the fuse box on the right hand side in the trunk. Try fuse 128 to 136. I seem to remember that that is a switched fuse.

See https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ear/1VnXFmUESj for diagram
You are the man!I confirmed with a tester actually fuse 128-136 is a actual key switch on and when you turn the car off it shuts off perfect ,I used 128 because its a 10 amp fuse the other ones are 5 amps ,and I fused the valves at 2 amps I had the larger fuse holder had to change it to the smaller fuse holder for those fuses, Thank you
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2023, 05:08 PM   #4
SilverM6Comp
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Hey Guys,I have the wireless meistershaft exhaust valves, the controller just needs a 12v pos and neg connection,I found out even when not in use it puts a small draw on the battery leading to a warning on my dash after about 5 days leading me to believe it was a bad battery.
I have been using a piggy back fuse holder in the rear fuse box for my power source but all these fuses always have constant power from what I tried.

Can someone please tell me where I can get a switched power source in the truck, what wire or maybe I missed something in rear fuse box any info would be appreciated.Thanks

Could you please advise me how you ran the power cabling from the muffler into the trunk?
Appreciate 0