BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 08:56 AM   #5215
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezerk View Post
Yeah, I can understand the first point...
Point 2: although i personally agree with what you are saying, it is just ones opnion and a matter of taste, so debatable.
But 3: i'm guessing than that everybody who 'complaints' about this, has not modified his/her car with M-parts in any way purely for aesthetic reasons? (What I am trying to say is that in my opnion this is not that different from adding badges.)
On 3, adding downforce or other performance mods is fair. Have no issue with that.

Funny/ironic thing is I have M badges inside my x7 and externally on my iX. It’s not my fault though!
Appreciate 1
Bezerk388.00
      Today, 09:03 AM   #5216
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Doesn't look like this specific owner cares about appearance though.

On that note:
Why do so many on these forums seem to despise people who put those badges on their cars? Are people afraid it devaluates their own car if they own an actual M?

Many here are tossing all kinds of M-accessories and M-parts on their cars and that seems to be no problem at all. M-style mirrorcaps, kidneygrills, bumpers, spoilers, exhaust-tips, wheels, steeringwheels, shiftknobs, carpets, pedals, you name it. I've even seen a dude on here that is transforming his 'normal' 335 or 340 completely to an M-lookalike, including hood, bumpers and fenders. Then it is all ah's and oh's. But if someone dares to put an M-badge on his/her car: "oh, the horror!".

Why care so much?
I see it like stolen valor. M-lites were in The Guard.
Bezerk388.00
      Today, 09:04 AM   #5217
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
i see it like stolen valor. M-lites were in the guard.
rotc 😆
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:08 AM   #5218
Bezerk
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
On 3, adding downforce or other performance mods is fair. Have no issue with that.

Funny/ironic thing is I have M badges inside my x7 and externally on my iX. It’s not my fault though!
Haha, yes, I saw someone stating it before: BMW themselves also do it on a regular basis.

And I agree, if it improves performance, why not?
All i'm saying is if someone thinks their car will look better by adding/changing bits and parts, including badges, than why not either?

And now you mentioned it, i see what you drive...
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:11 AM   #5219
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Doesn't look like this specific owner cares about appearance though.

On that note:
Why do so many on these forums seem to despise people who put those badges on their cars? Are people afraid it devaluates their own car if they own an actual M?

Many here are tossing all kinds of M-accessories and M-parts on their cars and that seems to be no problem at all. M-style mirrorcaps, kidneygrills, bumpers, spoilers, exhaust-tips, wheels, steeringwheels, shiftknobs, carpets, pedals, you name it. I've even seen a dude on here that is transforming his 'normal' 335 or 340 completely to an M-lookalike, including hood, bumpers and fenders. Then it is all ah's and oh's. But if someone dares to put an M-badge on his/her car: "oh, the horror!".

Why care so much?
If you see a FIAT with an AUDI logo on the street, would you notice it or would you not even see it? Would you ask yourself why they did it or would you not wonder at all?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:17 AM   #5220
Bezerk
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
If you see a FIAT with an AUDI logo on the street, would you notice it or would you not even see it? Would you ask yourself why they did it or would you not wonder at all?
I don't think that is a fair comparison, as those are two completely different brands. You should compare it with a FIAT owner adding Abarth badges or the Audi driver adding (R)S badges.

And then there is a difference in just "wondering" or keelhauling...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:19 AM   #5221
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
I don't think that is a fair comparison, as those are two completely different brands. You should compare it with a FIAT owner adding Abarth badges or the Audi driver adding (R)S badges.

And then there is a difference in just "wondering" or keelhauling...
Thanks for answering my questions. I’ll be here wondering why you don’t understand a thread with hundreds of pages, and you’ll be there wondering why we create pages and pages of it
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:23 AM   #5222
Bezerk
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Thanks for answering my questions. I’ll be here wondering why you don’t understand a thread with hundreds of pages, and you’ll be there wondering why we create pages and pages of it
Haha, you're right. So to answer your questions: yes, I would notice and yes, I would wonder.

Only question in my initial post was for my understanding: why care so much? Now i know.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8593.50