BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #1
DaRightstuff
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

2014 m6 steering wheel vibrates when turning during idle/5mph

Steering wheel vibrates when turning it at idle or driving around 1-5 mph this never happens when going any faster and this happens about 70% of the time. sometimes it won't vibrate... any guesses on what could be the issue? only have 30k miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
rabidmonkfish
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 640d m sport

im far from being the font of knowledge on these cars but my only guess would be some sort of flow rate issue on the power steering pump.....assuming you have one that is... i know the rear wheel drive cars are usually electric but im guessing the m6 is 4 wheel drive so if it is it will have one.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
DaRightstuff
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidmonkfish View Post
im far from being the font of knowledge on these cars but my only guess would be some sort of flow rate issue on the power steering pump.....assuming you have one that is... i know the rear wheel drive cars are usually electric but im guessing the m6 is 4 wheel drive so if it is it will have one.
Ye it's got power steering fluid, when i turned to a full lock it starts happening I also think it's the fluid not flowing smoothly. Thanks for your response
Appreciate 0