BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

XS Power Catless DownPipes- Review

So I used XS power previously on my Audi that I had but had no idea that they made downpipes for the S63TU. They are incredibly cheap, I mean less than $300 for the pair. I bought these to try them out and honestly if they didn't fit it was only $300 instead of some $1500 set that may or may not have fitment issues. I feel like $300 is a good amount to take the risk, so I did.

in Short these are great, I totally recommend them. they have the best price for downpipes, I think the welds are pretty good, but I am no weld expert, and they fit pretty well. here is the link to amazon to buy yourself a set. https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Turbo-Do.../dp/B078PLXQ28

I think these operate just like any other set of downpipes for these cars just for far less cost. I was even able to use my OEM heat shield. I could not use the OE heat cups around the heat shield since the pipes have shorter O2 spouts, whatever not a big deal. I like having the heat shield on just in case, and no one knows the wiser other than the insane sound these things make. I mean really these pipes make the car sound evil.

I had to adjust the brackets that hold the pipes in place to get them to fit well and that's it, I mean about 5 minutes of flexing the bracket and they sat perfectly, I followed the VRSF Downpipe DIY on these forums and it was butter smooth. These V-Bands on the downpipes even have the little insert lip into the turbo housing, I have seen a few sets without the lip and they don't seal as nicely, these have the lip and seal really well.

It drones a little @ 2k RPMs with my valves open on my FI Exhaust but with the valves closed its nice deep and throaty, with the valves open its just so loud, I might actually change from using my car always with valves open to sometimes running closed valves since it sounds good there too, and not like a Prius, finally!

In all I totally recommend these and their price point cant be beat.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Glad these worked out for you. Overpriced downpipes are the worst. I can't fathom paying 1500+ for 2 metal pipes... I get that companies need to make up for R&D costs, but still...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

so these are currently unavailable on Amazon, I bought on of the last two available at the time from there but i figured id give a link right to there website too, they have the measurements and stuff there. http://www.xs-power.com/bmw-turbo-do...mp-pipes-4.htm
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 03:38 AM   #4
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Nice one I like them a lot as from your description all went smooth. And the price is amazing.
All in all how much time did it take you to have them fitted and ready to drive?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:48 AM   #5
M6Havana
M6 f12 Havana
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab

Can i ask exactly what new clips did you require to fit these? Im purchasing a set myself but im told its best to replace the clips or parts that hold the downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

my install took about 5 hours from putting it on my lift to getting it back on the road. its more time involved in getting to the downpipes and not breaking the PCV plastic clips. other than that the rest is very durable. make sure you have all the right tools and patience, dropping a nut or bolt will slow you down and give you a massive headache.

As for the clips that should be replaced, I am going to guess the V-Band clamps is what you are referring to. I reused my old ones, there was nothing wrong with them. if you really want to you can also replace the two exhaust gaskets from the downpipes to the midpipes. I did not and they were totally fine for me and I have no leaks. my car roughly has 50k miles on it and even the nuts on the midpipes still looked new and came off with no issue. no damage to the nuts or studs from heat exposure
Appreciate 0