02-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Exclamation .

fixed

Last edited by Xx__xs; 03-12-2019 at 05:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

That sounds more like a rattle than a creak, as though something is loose. Perhaps a bracket or cover plate. You say it's less noticeable when the top is up. Have you checked the top mechanism to see if anything is amiss?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
That sounds more like a rattle than a creak, as though something is loose. Perhaps a bracket or cover plate. You say it's less noticeable when the top is up. Have you checked the top mechanism to see if anything is amiss?
honestly, its definitely a creak/squeak not a rattle. maybe the camera isnt picking it up correctly. i can replicate the sound by pushing on the rear seat headrest while the car is stationary. i think the sound is amplified while the top is up due to echo and the headrest is pushing up on the top "lid".

and no i have not checked the top mechanism but i will do that. i dont really know what can possibly be done about this. i fear the dealer will have me replace thousands of dollars worth of stuff if i take this in. despite having spent 5,000$ for extended warranty.

and it doesnt happen at highway speeds 70mph+ it generally is only audible around slower speeds but maybe thats due to less road noise
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 01:44 AM   #4
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Rattles drive me insane. I pulled apart the side rear trim in my 6-er the other day to track down a rattle too. Sometimes the plastic clips securing the door card to the car break or become loose which can lead to rattles. For now the problem in my car seems to have gone. Yours almost has a glass tone to it. Check the rubber where the front and rear windows meet, and also for any debris between the car and window glass .
Appreciate 1
Xx__xs201.00