BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-19-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
Feelin Nauti
Feelin Nauti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i M Sport Frozen

Catless Down Pipes... ARM or VRSF plus mufflers

After much research, discussions and thought I decided to go with catless down pipes for my wife's 14 650i M sport. It seems that here in Houston Texas I should be able to pass inspections if I turn off the CEL with a tune.

Does anyone have any input or opinion of the ARM vs. VRSF downpipes ?

She want quicker spools and the added HP gains but does not want much added sound as the convertible already has more road noise then her M4 hardtop did.

I will be taking DB readings in and out of the car through out all of the exhaust mods I will be experiencing.

After the Catless down pipes is when I will decide on the mufflers to keep closer to stock DB levels with the added deeper tone and finally being able to hear the spool of the turbos.

My thoughts are... Catless down pipes, X pipe, stock resonators and Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow. Offset in with dual outs for the quad tips

I know that most guys want much louder and just run muffler delete but I am trying to keep the wifey happy..

Thoughts,
2013 Harley Softail, Road King, Road Glide show bikes
2010 40' Express Cruisers Yacht
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelin Nauti View Post
After much research, discussions and thought I decided to go with catless down pipes for my wife's 14 650i M sport. It seems that here in Houston Texas I should be able to pass inspections if I turn off the CEL with a tune.

Does anyone have any input or opinion of the ARM vs. VRSF downpipes ?

She want quicker spools and the added HP gains but does not want much added sound as the convertible already has more road noise then her M4 hardtop did.

I will be taking DB readings in and out of the car through out all of the exhaust mods I will be experiencing.

After the Catless down pipes is when I will decide on the mufflers to keep closer to stock DB levels with the added deeper tone and finally being able to hear the spool of the turbos.

My thoughts are... Catless down pipes, X pipe, stock resonators and Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow. Offset in with dual outs for the quad tips

I know that most guys want much louder and just run muffler delete but I am trying to keep the wifey happy..

Thoughts,
I live in Canada so we don't have emissions testing but I have tons of USA friends that do. Turning of the cel via tune etc only removes the error code but you still fail the test they say. Basically it will read 'not ready'. Not sure how it is where you live but they all have to swap back their stock dps every time they test and then swap out again. Luckily here no one cares lol

As for the pipes, both will provided the same gains when paired with a tune. Arm are a bit hit or miss on fitment so you kinda roll the dice.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3