BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #485
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

fitted new boot struts in under 50 mins
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #486
Magspain
Rep
Drives: 640D

Hello Luftpost.

Thanks.

You are right ... In Europe the diesel version is common in many cars of the medium-high range.

Fuel in Europe is terribly expensive. And to do many miles (kilometers in our case) is a highly valued option in the European mentality.

Especially when you can get economically to buy the car of your dreams, but you do not have enough that you do not care about the high price of maintaining the car giving it intensive daily use.

In my case, I prefer the gasoline engine. But I could not combine both situations economically .... If I bought the gasoline engine, I could not drive it every day ... And I wanted to take the 6 every day.

The sound of diesel engines is horrible .... But luckily for me, the sound of this diesel engine that BMW has made has almost no diesel engine sound. It is something unusual.

I'm glad you like Spain. It is certainly a beautiful country, with normally very cordial people, and incredible places to visit and enjoy the gastronomy.

I have not had the luck, or the opportunity, to be able to travel to the United States yet ... But it is in the family plans to travel to the USA.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 03:44 PM   #487
eidde
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 m6

Added charge coolers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:15 AM   #488
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magspain View Post
Hello Luftpost.

Thanks.

You are right ... In Europe the diesel version is common in many cars of the medium-high range.

Fuel in Europe is terribly expensive. And to do many miles (kilometers in our case) is a highly valued option in the European mentality.

Especially when you can get economically to buy the car of your dreams, but you do not have enough that you do not care about the high price of maintaining the car giving it intensive daily use.

In my case, I prefer the gasoline engine. But I could not combine both situations economically .... If I bought the gasoline engine, I could not drive it every day ... And I wanted to take the 6 every day.

The sound of diesel engines is horrible .... But luckily for me, the sound of this diesel engine that BMW has made has almost no diesel engine sound. It is something unusual.

I'm glad you like Spain. It is certainly a beautiful country, with normally very cordial people, and incredible places to visit and enjoy the gastronomy.

I have not had the luck, or the opportunity, to be able to travel to the United States yet ... But it is in the family plans to travel to the USA.

Best regards
the 640d is the most common in england,,and the n57 engine,like the older m57 engine are quiter than any other derv engine,,,sport mode they sound quite good,never the sound of a petrol,but i didnt buy ny car for the sound,,i bought it for the grunt,,remapped to 370 bhp with 817 nm of torque,more than the m6
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #489
childishbamb1no
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

New to me

Painted gloss black roof
21” Special Factory Order Wheels (too big IMO)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #490
Magspain
Rep
Drives: 640D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
the 640d is the most common in england,,and the n57 engine,like the older m57 engine are quiter than any other derv engine,,,sport mode they sound quite good,never the sound of a petrol,but i didnt buy ny car for the sound,,i bought it for the grunt,,remapped to 370 bhp with 817 nm of torque,more than the m6
Hi Rasa.

I am aligned with your way of thinking.

I will also remap the engine.

In Spain the series 6 (Series F) are rare.

For some unknown reason, not many units were sold in Spain.

It is something that is very strange to me ... because it seems to me the most beautiful BMW that has ever been manufactured. (this is, of course, a personal opinion)

But, what is not a personal opinion, is that it is a car that is admired, and contemplated by many people ... It is a car that causes them to look at it and admire it.

The general opinion of the people I talk to ... praise the beauty of the car.

It is for this reason, that being considered by the majority, a very very beautiful car, so few units have been sold in many countries.

This does not worry me ... I like to have a car rarely seen in my country.

And I am one of those who think that this 6 series will remain in the future as one of the most beautiful cars that BMW has made.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 01:14 AM   #491
Fro826
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F83 M4, F85 X5M

First-time coder, today coded anti-dazzle headlights. Test drive confirmed fully functional performance. Very pleased it works and I didn't brick my car. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #492
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Indeed, I was a little frivolous.
I got some nabenabdeckung feststehend for the wheels.
The best price I found was at Turner Motorsport.
These are the floating center caps.
They are original BMW and have a BMW Group part number.
I got these about a year ago and I love them!
Appreciate 0