FullThrottle
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5

Need your expertise

So here's where I'm at

2015 M6 GC :
Bootmod 3 stage 2 (gapped iridium spark plugs) yes with the ridiculous gunshot burble that you either love or hate
Eventuri Intake system
Akra Evolution Exhaust
AMS Catless Downpipes

Now I want as much power as possible without sacrificing daily drivability. Therefore I want to work on helping the engine as I pull more power from it, to I guess keep balance and not over stress.

I am thinking Oil Catch Can next then intercooler? Any recommendations on what I should do next or in what order. Both to gain power and keep the car running as smooth as possible at the power point.

Thanks!!
      06-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

Here are some options because I'm in the same boat.

1) Get a custom tune done by DME tuning, mission performance or another reputable tuner. Not sure if you've been able to dyno your car but DME estimates around 650whp/650wtq with their tune.
2) Upgrade to SSP clutch. Then get custom tune. Get around 700whp/700wtq
3) Upgrade to SSP clutch, upgrade to VRSF charge coolers, methanol injection system, custom tune. This will get you to around 760whp/760wtq.
4) Upgrade to SSP clutch, upgrade to VRSF charge coolers, methanol injection system, custom tune, dss axles, pure turbos stage 2. This will get you around 770-800whp/800wtq.

I would say upgrade your clutch and get a custom tune and call it a day. I'm not sure if an oil catch can is necessary and the OEM charge coolers are very efficient.

Last edited by Jeffxxx; 06-11-2020 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
Whipple262.50
      06-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
FullThrottle
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
Here are some options because I'm in the same boat.

1) Get a custom tune done by DME tuning, mission performance or another reputable tuner. Not sure if you've been able to dyno your car but DME estimates around 650whp/650wtq with their tune.
2) Upgrade to SSP clutch. Then get custom tune. Get around 700whp/700wtq
3) Upgrade to SSP clutch, upgrade to VRSF charge coolers, methanol injection system, custom tune. This will get you to around 760whp/760wtq.
4) Upgrade to SSP clutch, upgrade to VRSF charge coolers, methanol injection system, custom tune, dss axles, pure turbos stage 2. This will get you around 770-800whp/800wtq.

I would say upgrade your clutch and get a custom tune and call it a day. I'm not sure if an oil catch can is necessary and the OEM charge coolers are very efficient.
Hahah woah I can see the research you have put into this. First thank you for the solid advice. I think that might be the way to go. Might do a hybrid of 2/3 do the clutch, custom tune and get the VRSF charge coolers. Again Thanks!!!