BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
Schaudhry19941994
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Central locking button and doors will not unlock

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 BMW 650 GC. I have had a problem with the doors recently but I replaced the handle on my driver front side and it went away. Now, I locked the car and my driver door is locked and will not unlock but all others are unlocked and will not respond to the key or anything. The central locking button is also not working. Please let me know what you guys have in mind. I didn't replace the battery yet but the car starts and runs fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Are you only doing electronic attempts to unlock the driver's door (meaning...you're only pressing the button on the remote fob)?

Have you tried to manually unlock the driver's door by inserting the metal key blade that is integrated inside the remote fob? If not, try that to see if you can manually unlock the driver's door using the exterior cylinder on the door handle.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
Schaudhry19941994
Registered
Rep

Hi!

Yes I tried unlocking it from the inside and used the fob to unlock the car from the outside but I cannot seem to open it. The lock cylinder pops up and down and won't release the door. Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

You still haven't tried using the EXTERIOR door lock cylinder and the metal key blade?

If the driver's door lock actuator has failed electronically...pulling on the interior door handles or trying to pull up on the door lock pins (not cylinders ) won't have any affect. The manual overide for the driver's door may be your only hope for right now. INSERT the metal key blade into the exterior door lock cylinder and turn it COUNTER CLOCKWISE to the manual UNLOCK position.

This may not FIX the issue...but it should get the driver's door unlocked.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 01:49 PM   #5
Schaudhry19941994
Registered
Rep

Sorry I should have been more clear ��. So I did use the manual key and tried to open the door. I have a feeling I did it wrong. Let me go home and use your instructions and let you.kmow.if.i did it right thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #6
Schaudhry19941994
Registered
Rep

So I opened the door thank you! Now the problem is the doors will not respond to the key fob or the central locking button. The driver door will unlock from the fob but not unlock and the central button does nothing. I've checked the fuses and they seem fine. What can it be?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
BlueDolphin
Rep
Drives: Bmw 650i

I know this is an old post, I searched all over the web and this is the only place I found an issue similar to mine. My thing is the passenger door does not lock or unlock with the central locking button or fob. Driver door only locks and never unlock using same methods. I can press the passenger side pin down to lock the door while it's open. The driver side does not do the same thing, which leads me to think the actuator In the passenger door is done. My other strange issue is my fuel lid cover started to not open unless I pull the cable in the trunk. So I'm not sure if one actuator would cause all that weirdness. If anyone has any helping input or knowledge I, would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah... Bump.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

The driver’s door should not be lockable when it is open (its a BMW anti-lockout feature that goes back decades). So any attempt to push the door lock pin down when the driver’s door is open…is NOT a sign that something is wrong with the doors. It always needs to be closed before you can manually lock it or lock it using the remote fob.

The other passenger doors can be manually locked (door pin pressed down) when they are open.

And yes, the fuel filler flap/gas door is part of the central locking system…and if it is not working properly, it can affect the central locking system.

Back a few decades…if the fuse for the fuel filler flap blew…it would cause central locking not to operate correctly…so check that fuse (probably is in the rear fuse box). Perhaps that fuse or one of the other fuses for central locking is blown.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:45 PM   #9
BlueDolphin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
The driver’s door should not be lockable when it is open (its a BMW anti-lockout feature that goes back decades). So any attempt to push the door lock pin down when the driver’s door is open…is NOT a sign that something is wrong with the doors. It always needs to be closed before you can manually lock it or lock it using the remote fob.

The other passenger doors can be manually locked (door pin pressed down) when they are open.

And yes, the fuel filler flap/gas door is part of the central locking system…and if it is not working properly, it can affect the central locking system.

Back a few decades…if the fuse for the fuel filler flap blew…it would cause central locking not to operate correctly…so check that fuse (probably is in the rear fuse box). Perhaps that fuse or one of the other fuses for central locking is blown.
Thanks I appreciate the response. What you said about the anti lockout stuff makes sense. Didn't know it was a feature. I will check the fuses, it's one of the things I haven't gotten around to try yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #10
BlueDolphin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDolphin View Post
Thanks I appreciate the response. What you said about the anti lockout stuff makes sense. Didn't know it was a feature. I will check the fuses, it's one of the things I haven't gotten around to try yet.
I have now changed out the fuse, I forget which number but it was a 15amp fuse in the glove box that is one of the only visible 15amp fuses that you can see easily. Doors were working fine and key fob as well. Fuel lid opens and closes correctly. After a few days, my passenger door locking pin doesn't move again but car is still behaving normally, could this be a good indicator of a failing actuator?
Appreciate 0