BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
Greg Z.
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Convertible

Lumbar Pump not working

I purchased my 2012 650i convertible last year and the driver's side lumbar didn't work.

I can't hear any motor running so I purchased a new pump and pad from eBay. (they look brand new and were an exact fit. Came with the white junction box too.)

I just swapped them out and still no luck.
Is there a separate fuse for the lumbar pump? Or, could it be the seat switches that have gone bad?

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
shine775
Scott
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Garage List
2013 BMW 640i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Z. View Post
I purchased my 2012 650i convertible last year and the driver's side lumbar didn't work.

I can't hear any motor running so I purchased a new pump and pad from eBay. (they look brand new and were an exact fit. Came with the white junction box too.)

I just swapped them out and still no luck.
Is there a separate fuse for the lumbar pump? Or, could it be the seat switches that have gone bad?

Any help is appreciated.
My passenger seat adjustment switch went bad. The only function that works is the lumbar switch. So I have been wondering the same thing. Why is the lumbar the only thing that works.
      06-13-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
ex46fanatic
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci F06 640i GC both LCI

Ive tinkered with the seats on our cars. Just retrofitted comfort seats.

So the seat movement and lumbar etc is powered by pin 1 on the seat connector plug. Hence seat movement working but not lumbar.

I am going to guess that it's you seat module or maybe the actual switch itself... You should do more testing with a multimeter.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 03:02 PM   #4
Greg Z.
Rep

Thank you for the replies! I was able to get the motor to run with a power on tester and just ordered a new switch. I'll post back if that was it. If not, I'll have to trace the wires back to the switch and see if there is a short somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
shine775
Scott
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Garage List
2013 BMW 640i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Z. View Post
Thank you for the replies! I was able to get the motor to run with a power on tester and just ordered a new switch. I'll post back if that was it. If not, I'll have to trace the wires back to the switch and see if there is a short somewhere.
Where did you order the switch from? I know I need a switch for my passenger side. I took the switch from the driver side plugged it into the passenger seat and everything works.
      07-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
Greg Z.
Rep

Hi,

I had to get my switch from the dealer as none of the cheaper online stores could or would guarantee fitment and they wouldn't take back electrical parts.

My new switch did work! They did ask me if I needed the "M" to make it match perfectly. The new one says "Set" instead of M which is fine for me!
Appreciate 0