BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Weistec Engineering Aluminum Oil Filter Cover With Drain

Went back in to install this aluminum oil filter cover.
Changed my oil the other day but thought the Weistec unit was faulted. It needed the ‘fastening’ piece from the existing cover removed, and then installed in it. I didn’t know that. Saw it on YouTube for another aluminum cover replacement.
Used the below seen long nose vise grip gingerly to get the piece out of the existing cover. Was easy. Snapped right in the new piece. Was a good thing I bought this piece. The BMW tool would not get the old oil filter cover off. Would just slip. I had torqued it on to 40Nm two days ago. Had to use other tools to get it off. Now will go on & off with a 32mm socket. 6mm Hex for the drain bolt.
Attached Images

2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Hi I thought about this filter cap but 1 thing scares me, first the factory filter housing is made of plastic so there is no way you can strip it into the oil housing ,aluminum to aluminum there is a possible binding stripping that can happen then your screwed so I stayed away,This is probably a long shot to happen but it was a thought in my mind ,It is a nice piece though give us an update on the next oil change
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Went back in to install this aluminum oil filter cover.
Changed my oil the other day but thought the Weistec unit was faulted. It needed the ‘fastening’ piece from the existing cover removed, and then installed in it. I didn’t know that. Saw it on YouTube for another aluminum cover replacement.
Used the below seen long nose vise grip gingerly to get the piece out of the existing cover. Was easy. Snapped right in the new piece. Was a good thing I bought this piece. The BMW tool would not get the old oil filter cover off. Would just slip. I had torqued it on to 40Nm two days ago. Had to use other tools to get it off. Now will go on & off with a 32mm socket. 6mm Hex for the drain bolt.
Did you torque it to factory specs? Or slightly under?
How about the drain plug?
Appreciate 0