BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Introducing: "Nebel" (finally named her!)

Hello,

My name is Leo and I just signed up, saying hi to everybody. I'm from Florida, and (still) have my 2002 MINI Cooper (need to get it up and running), and traded in an Optima turbo for the M6.

Picked it up late last year (Nov. 4 to be exact - which also happened to be our anniversary, so made the date easy to remember and that much more special... Shh! Don't tell her).

Car is a 2014 M6 GC, Singapore Gray. Had 31K miles, and so far have been loving it. Sorry, no decent pics yet, but it'll come soon enough.

Quick question, and I apologize for the ignorance here, but is there an easy way to tell if you have the Competition Package?
I guess that's it for now. Pics coming soon, and I'm dying to mod this thing, but need $$.

Thanks.
- Leo.

Last edited by xxTHIR13ENxx; 12-26-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
//MMachine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 coupe

Garage List
2012 Ford SVT Raptor  [0.00]
2017 BMW M6  [0.00]
2107 BMW M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2008 MB E350  [0.00]
1999 Ford F350 Lariat  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTHIR13ENxx View Post
Hello,

My name is Leo and I just signed up, saying hi to everybody. I'm from Florida, and (still) have my 2002 MINI Cooper (need to get it up and running), and traded in an Optima turbo for the M6.

Picked it up late last year (Nov. 4 to be exact - which also happened to be our anniversary, so made the date easy to remember and that much more special... Shh! Don't tell her).

Car is a 2014 M6 GC, Singapore Gray. Had 31K miles, and so far have been loving it. Sorry, no decent pics yet, but it'll come soon enough.

Quick question, and I apologize for the ignorance here, but is there an easy way to tell if you have the Competition Package?

I guess that's it for now. Pics coming soon, and I'm dying to mod this thing, but need $$.

Thanks.
- Leo.
Hello Leo - welcome!

You can use your VIN number to check - try BMWVin.com - should be able to let you know if you have the Competition Package or not. Will show up as S7MAA when it spits out the vehicle options...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //MMachine View Post
Hello Leo - welcome!

You can use your VIN number to check - try BMWVin.com - should be able to let you know if you have the Competition Package or not. Will show up as S7MAA when it spits out the vehicle options...
Thanks!

Sure enough, Competition Package showed up. Nice!
In which case, I guess I got the bargain of the century.

Thanks again!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
//MMachine
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M6  [0.00]
2107 BMW M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2008 MB E350  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks!

Thanks again!
- Leo.
Cool - glad it showed up! ... now lets see some pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Thanks!

Thanks again!
- Leo.
What'd you pick the new toy up for if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
What'd you pick the new toy up for if you don't mind me asking?
$53K.
31k miles on it, OEM everything.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

53K is real good for a ZCP M6 GC.
Is it fully loaded or are you missing a few options?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #8
Bimmma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F06 M6

Congrats on the ride Leo. The GC is a fine car. I see you are local guy. Next time we have a car meet/lunch, I’ll send you a pm to see if u wanna roll thru. Let the mods begin
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #9
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
53K is real good for a ZCP M6 GC.
Is it fully loaded or are you missing a few options?
Thanks! I couldn't believe it when I found a GC within my budget.
Well, I'm not sure how loaded it is, but it's got everything I could ask for, really. Don't have night-vision, so I'm missing the last little button by the steering wheel, but the other 3 are there.

A few things I wish I could do (perhaps someone here can chime in), would be to automatically unlock all doors when I turn the car off and have the mirrors fold in when I lock it. From what I was able to research, I'd have to reprogram the computer to add these features and many more, but it's a bit of an expense for just these two features...

I come from the MINI family, so I'm familiar with the dual-pull on the door, but it'd just be easier.

Thanks again.
- Leo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmma View Post
Congrats on the ride Leo. The GC is a fine car. I see you are local guy. Next time we have a car meet/lunch, I’ll send you a pm to see if u wanna roll thru. Let the mods begin
YES! lol. I wanna mod this thing sooo bad, but each part costs way too much $$. I'll be a regular at the Classifieds, I'll tell you that.

Looking forward to some local meets, for sure!

- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

$53k is a crazy good deal. Was it a private party seller? Any accident history. I just can't believe you got this price a year ago.

Anyways welcome, post a pic!
      02-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #11
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
$53k is a crazy good deal. Was it a private party seller? Any accident history. I just can't believe you got this price a year ago.

Anyways welcome, post a pic!
Thanks!
The car was actually from Off Lease Only. My first time dealing with them and what an experience! Really exciting, but also a bit scary.

The CarFax did not show any accidents, and it had a clean maintenance history, which I confirmed with their original BMW dealer in West Palm (about 1hr. from where I live).

I wasn't able to take the car in for an inspection, so sort of just bit the bullet, but a few months later I finally had it looked at and everything checked out. Had to replace the amp, which cost me an arm and a leg, but my local dealer helped me out since warranty had just expired literally a month prior. But other than that, nothing. Well, topped off oil, but that was easy and free.

Pics coming soon, I promise. Nothing too exciting, just a stock, Singapore Gray GC... but still. I'll get it washed this weekend and post something up.

Thanks!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 11:29 AM   #12
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:
Thanks!
The car was actually from Off Lease Only. My first time dealing with them and what an experience! Really exciting, but also a bit scary.

The CarFax did not show any accidents, and it had a clean maintenance history, which I confirmed with their original BMW dealer in West Palm (about 1hr. from where I live).

I wasn't able to take the car in for an inspection, so sort of just bit the bullet, but a few months later I finally had it looked at and everything checked out. Had to replace the amp, which cost me an arm and a leg, but my local dealer helped me out since warranty had just expired literally a month prior. But other than that, nothing. Well, topped off oil, but that was easy and free.

Pics coming soon, I promise. Nothing too exciting, just a stock, Singapore Gray GC... but still. I'll get it washed this weekend and post something up.

Thanks!
- Leo.
I think I know your car if it's the one from off lease only...
I passed because on it because it looked like some damage had occurred to it and one of the side mirror trims were cracked. Maybe they fixed it?
Anyways glad the car checks out and enjoy!
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      02-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #13
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
I think I know your car if it's the one from off lease only...
I passed because on it because it looked like some damage had occurred to it and one of the side mirror trims were cracked. Maybe they fixed it?
Anyways glad the car checks out and enjoy!
Thanks, and very possible. The car was listed on their website for a few weeks.
The easiest way to tell is that it had tinted headlights. Besides that, it does show a bit of wear-and-tear, a few dings here and there, minor scratches, but nothing major.

I know where to look and still can't tell when I'm 2' away, so all in all, I'm very happy with it. I have since removed the headlight tint (obviously).

- Leo.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      02-14-2018, 09:01 PM   #14
Bimmma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F06 M6

The unlocking and mirror folding can be coded to the car, as well as bunch of other cool stuff. It will probably cost around $100, maybe even less if a local guy does it for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Thanks, and very possible. The car was listed on their website for a few weeks.
The easiest way to tell is that it had tinted headlights. Besides that, it does show a bit of wear-and-tear, a few dings here and there, minor scratches, but nothing major.

I know where to look and still can't tell when I'm 2' away, so all in all, I'm very happy with it. I have since removed the headlight tint (obviously).

- Leo.
It's all good! As long as you're happy with it and it checks out, then it's good.

I'm remember seeing this car during my search last year. It was a Singapore Grey with dark smoked headlights right?
      02-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #16
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmma View Post
The unlocking and mirror folding can be coded to the car, as well as bunch of other cool stuff. It will probably cost around $100, maybe even less if a local guy does it for you.
Really? I asked a local shop and he quoted me $400 for those features along with many others. Since I don't really care for the "many others", I thought it was way too much for what I wanted. If it was $100, that'd be better, but still. I guess I just need to shop around a little bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'm remember seeing this car during my search last year. It was a Singapore Grey with dark smoked headlights right?
That's the one!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
//MMachine
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M6  [0.00]
2107 BMW M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2008 MB E350  [0.00]
Quote:
Really? I asked a local shop and he quoted me $400 for those features along with many others. Since I don't really care for the "many others", I thought it was way too much for what I wanted. If it was $100, that'd be better, but still. I guess I just need to shop around a little bit more.
- Leo.
... or you can code it yourself for $122. Download the Carly for BMW app. Requires purchase of Bluetooth dongle and upgrade purchase of Pro version to unlock most of the available coding. There are a couple more in app purchases such as Battery registration, Service reset and DVD in motion. This app also includes diagnostics, exhaust valve open and used car check. Cost for Carly Pro version app, extra in app purchases and BT dongle can set you back as much as $154 for everything. $122 for Carly Pro, dongle and just coding.

This is what I did and works great!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //MMachine View Post
... or you can code it yourself for $122. Download the Carly for BMW app. Requires purchase of Bluetooth dongle and upgrade purchase of Pro version to unlock most of the available coding. There are a couple more in app purchases such as Battery registration, Service reset and DVD in motion. This app also includes diagnostics, exhaust valve open and used car check. Cost for Carly Pro version app, extra in app purchases and BT dongle can set you back as much as $154 for everything. $122 for Carly Pro, dongle and just coding.

This is what I did and works great!
That's great to know! Thanks a bunch!
Really appreciate the power of forums. This is what it's all about.

I'm sure I'll write in with questions, but hopefully no issues like "Help, I blew up my ECU because of MMachine!" lol.

- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #19
straightpipeguru
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

The most simple way is to see if you have black exhaust tips congrats on the ride!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #20
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightpipeguru View Post
The most simple way is to see if you have black exhaust tips congrats on the ride!
Hey, thanks! And yes, I read that as well, but since the previous owner had done work to the headlights, I figured he either swapped the exhaust or worse - had the tips painted or something...

All in all, it checks out and has the CP!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #21
straightpipeguru
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

sweet !! enjoy !!

Quote:
Hey, thanks! And yes, I read that as well, but since the previous owner had done work to the headlights, I figured he either swapped the exhaust or worse - had the tips painted or something...

All in all, it checks out and has the CP!
- Leo.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 08:39 AM   #22
xxTHIR13ENxx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Finally had the car washed and able to snap some shots.
Sorry for the poor quality...

Appreciate 4