BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
Surge21
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC

Just purchased a warranty for 2014 M6 GC'

Hello!

I was blessed to be able to just buy one of my dream cars - a 2014 M6 GC!! WOOHOO!!!

The first thing I wanted to do was to purchase a warranty so that I could drive the car without freaking out about something breaking down lol I figured I would share this for anyone looking for coverage as it seems like not a lot of companies want to handle M6's.

I shopped around for a bit and ended up going with a company called Freedom Warranty of America. My car currently has 57k on it and this warranty is for 5 Years and up to 100k on the odometer and is called a "Manufacturer's Extension" that's an exclusionary policy (which in theory is great because it tells you what it doesn't cover instead of what it does). I can look up my contract and share the exclusionary parts list as well. I ended up paying $3200. There is an option to extend the plan for another 25k (up to 125k on the odometer) for $300.

Everything else seems standard - $100 deductible, 30 day waiting period for claims, rental car coverage, roadside assistance, no-fee to transfer when you sell etc.

Anyways, just though I'd share!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge21 View Post
Hello!

I was blessed to be able to just buy one of my dream cars - a 2014 M6 GC!! WOOHOO!!!

The first thing I wanted to do was to purchase a warranty so that I could drive the car without freaking out about something breaking down lol I figured I would share this for anyone looking for coverage as it seems like not a lot of companies want to handle M6's.

I shopped around for a bit and ended up going with a company called Freedom Warranty of America. My car currently has 57k on it and this warranty is for 5 Years and up to 100k on the odometer and is called a "Manufacturer's Extension" that's an exclusionary policy (which in theory is great because it tells you what it doesn't cover instead of what it does). I can look up my contract and share the exclusionary parts list as well. I ended up paying $3200. There is an option to extend the plan for another 25k (up to 125k on the odometer) for $300.

Everything else seems standard - $100 deductible, 30 day waiting period for claims, rental car coverage, roadside assistance, no-fee to transfer when you sell etc.

Cheers!
Congrats on the car! Could you share some of the parts on the exclusionary list? Mine is still under factory for a while but definitely am considering an aftermarket one once the time comes.

Also any specific mention of aftermarket mods such as exhaust & tune?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfM6 View Post
Quote:
Hello!

Cheers!
Congrats on the car! Could you share some of the parts on the exclusionary list? Mine is still under factory for a while but definitely am considering an aftermarket one once the time comes.

Interesting - what is it under warranty already or not?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Surge21
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfM6 View Post

Thanks!

Car was not currently under warranty and that's why I wanted to get it covered ASAP.

Here is their exclusionary list -

"The components, parts and descriptions listed below are not covered. If the component, part, or description is not listed below it is a
covered part or component.

Paint, ripped or damaged or worn upholstery, broken glass or glass or any kind, components contained within glass, frame damage, body damage, carpeting, fading or cracked dash, clouded or foggy headlights, tail lights, light bulbs, lighting or lenses of any kind or bulbs of any kind, moldings, interior or exterior trim items, fiberglass top, vinyl or fabric tops, metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornaments, plastic, body panels and components, trim, weather stripping, ducting or tubing, buttons, handles, door hinges, latches, chords, cables, tires, wheels, or wheel covers, tire pressure sensors/monitors, seat belts and retractors, airbags or any other type of additional restraint system or component, keyless lock system, keyless entry pad or transmitter, alarms, remote starters, electronics not original to vehicle, convertible top mechanisms, convertible top components, sunroofs not original to vehicle, sunroof rails, tracks, drains or frames, lift kits, catalytic converters, mufflers, headers, exhaust manifolds, exhaust manifold gaskets, tail pipes, any component related to the exhaust, any emissions related component, batteries, hoses, belts (with exception of timing belt), fluids, filters, gases, shop supplies, taxes, welds, winches, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, fuses, brake pads, rotors, brake drums, brake shoes, brake caliper slides and brackets, brake mounts, constant velocity joints if boot is damaged or missing, manual transmission clutch components/assembly, manual and hydraulic linages, nuts, bolts, fasteners, brackets of any kind."
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
"any components related to the exhaust such as exhaust manifold and any components related to the exhaust"
Question: Are the turbo chargers exhaust or engine components?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #6
K7
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW 340i|18' BMW 650i

wow that list is long. Maybe they should include an inclusionary list instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
"any components related to the exhaust such as exhaust manifold and any components related to the exhaust"
Quote:
Good question, expensive parts not to be covered.

Looking at the list, doesn't state any concerns surrounding aftermarket tunes aside from "electronics not original to the car" which could be left open to interpretation
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:04 AM   #8
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
One could argue that they are both exhaust and intake components.

Since they are driven by the exhaust but not really part of it, I'd suggest that they are covered. I'd certainly hope so. I guess the only way to really know would be to file a claim and see what happens.

It seems like a decent amount of coverage. Nothing really stood out to me as a concern.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:25 AM   #9
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Congratulations on your new M6.

Freedom is who I evolved into to cover all my cars. This is an excellent warranty. I have all the upgrades on the policies at a fair price. They just paid for new tie rods, and control arms the caused failure of the front transfer case, and they paid the 5k just for that part... Nearly 9k covered in total by them which allowed my to then turn over the car along with getting a pro rated refund on the unused portion of the policy to apply that to the policy for the X6 M that I bought to replace the 7.
Some say these warranties are scams. They are not.
I was smiling when I walked away from the service desk at my Indy.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #10
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Freedom covers the turbos, but not the catalytic converters. If you’re under 80k miles the emissions coverage is still under BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #11
Surge21
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Congratulations on your new M6.

Freedom is who I evolved into to cover all my cars. This is an excellent warranty. I have all the upgrades on the policies at a fair price. They just paid for new tie rods, and control arms the caused failure of the front transfer case, and they paid the 5k just for that part... Nearly 9k covered in total by them which allowed my to then turn over the car along with getting a pro rated refund on the unused portion of the policy to apply that to the policy for the X6 M that I bought to replace the 7.
Some say these warranties are scams. They are not.
I was smiling when I walked away from the service desk at my Indy.
Thanks man! I’m happy with them so far. I had read a post from you a little while back that said you had used them as well so I figured they were worth trying out!

So you traded in your M6 for the X6M? How do you like it?

Hope you’re staying safe out there!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #12
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks man! I’m happy with them so far. I had read a post from you a little while back that said you had used them as well so I figured they were worth trying out!

So you traded in your M6 for the X6M? How do you like it?

Hope you’re staying safe out there!
No, no...
The M6 is mint with 29k miles.
I turnt the 750 Li xDrive over for it.

And you be well too.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #13
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
nice, thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #14
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Hello!

Cheers!
Quote:
Hello!

Cheers!

Can you buy it straight through freedom or dealers only?
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 08:31 PM   #15
Surge21
Rep

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. You can buy it straight from them. I can get you the same price I paid or relatively close. I’ll PM you my number if you’re interested!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #16
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
What was the approximate cost of the warranty and for what duration/ mileage?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #17
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hello!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Directly stated by OP in the thread start
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #18
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineKing_M6GC View Post
Quote:
Hello!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Directly stated by OP in the thread start
My bad. Didn't read the full post.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #19
jacie6056
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
Can you buy it straight through freedom or dealers only?
want to know whether can be bought straight or dealers only
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #20
kguflaw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Thanks!

Car was not currently under warranty and that's why I wanted to get it covered ASAP.

Here is their exclusionary list -

"The components, parts and descriptions listed below are not covered. If the component, part, or description is not listed below it is a
covered part or component.

Paint, ripped or damaged or worn upholstery, broken glass or glass or any kind, components contained within glass, frame damage, body damage, carpeting, fading or cracked dash, clouded or foggy headlights, tail lights, light bulbs, lighting or lenses of any kind or bulbs of any kind, moldings, interior or exterior trim items, fiberglass top, vinyl or fabric tops, metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornaments, plastic, body panels and components, trim, weather stripping, ducting or tubing, buttons, handles, door hinges, latches, chords, cables, tires, wheels, or wheel covers, tire pressure sensors/monitors, seat belts and retractors, airbags or any other type of additional restraint system or component, keyless lock system, keyless entry pad or transmitter, alarms, remote starters, electronics not original to vehicle, convertible top mechanisms, convertible top components, sunroofs not original to vehicle, sunroof rails, tracks, drains or frames, lift kits, catalytic converters, mufflers, headers, exhaust manifolds, exhaust manifold gaskets, tail pipes, any component related to the exhaust, any emissions related component, batteries, hoses, belts (with exception of timing belt), fluids, filters, gases, shop supplies, taxes, welds, winches, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, fuses, brake pads, rotors, brake drums, brake shoes, brake caliper slides and brackets, brake mounts, constant velocity joints if boot is damaged or missing, manual transmission clutch components/assembly, manual and hydraulic linages, nuts, bolts, fasteners, brackets of any kind."

Can you provide contact information from the dealer you purchased your warranty? Just bought my 2017 M6 and need to purchase an extended a warranty. Thank
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #21
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

3.2 on google reviews

https://www.freedomwarranty.com/

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0