BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
matth3wthao
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 650i xdrive

BAD NEWS, need input on quote and repair

Well, I lowered my car back in March and it appears that my thrust rod slipped out of the bearing holding my strut to the car. Technician said that that the subframe is damaged too and needed to be replaced.

Should I take it to a local indie shop and have them check out the subframe as well/have them do the repair?

What the heck should I do?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Wow. I'll confess I'm not totally sure what this failure is or what it looks like, but there is really no way for us to know what damage happened to the sub-frame w/o pictures. A dealer may want to replace it with a gouge in it that is of no consequence or it may actually be toast. If you have an indy you trust have them look at it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Wow. I'll confess I'm not totally sure what this failure is or what it looks like, but there is really no way for us to know what damage happened to the sub-frame w/o pictures. A dealer may want to replace it with a gouge in it that is of no consequence or it may actually be toast. If you have an indy you trust have them look at it.
Sub frame damage I think I'd want BMW to fix it. That way if there's anything issue, you go right back to them. None of that you went to an indy instead of BMW so you're screwed BS. Just my 2 cents worth.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
dagoo98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

You didn't hear any noise prior to the failure?

One of 2 things happened....either the hydrobushing got so bad the arm literally tore from the bushing or whoever lowered the car never torqued the tension arm properly when they were putting the car back together and the arm literally dropped off which would explain why they want to replace the hardware for the tension arm as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 12:35 AM   #5
Gnomon
Registered
Rep
Drives: GMW G30

Is anyone in contact with matth3wthao? If you are dealing with him, please be careful. He is a scam.
Appreciate 0