BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #67
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
I've neglected this thread and forum for a few months, but wanted to check in...

Eventually, I got the itch for a manual, so the hunt went on for a e92 M3 with a 6spd. Found the perfect one at a Porsche dealer... Cloth, 6spd, no nav hump, white, 20k miles, carbon roof... Non comp car though, which didn't bother me.

Anyway, onto the numbers:
Porsche gave me $4k over MMR for the M6. That came to about $45k in trade, which I thought was more than fair.
That sounds like a very reasonable price. Especially for the crazy M6 market.

Hope the E92 is giving you all the excitement you were missing. I still catch myself checking out the E46 M3s from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
The difference in perception between whether or not an item is 'overpriced' or not is if you're the seller, or the buyer. But if I have what you want, and there's a dwindling supply of them, better to acquiesce and get it sooner, rather than later. Remember, there were only 2093 M6 Coupes shipped to North America for the entire production run.

Time will tell.
I have not vetted this number but it speaks the ole supply vs demand. Knowing you have 1 of sub 3000 for NA is pretty solid leverage if someone really wants an M6 Coupe. These are fairly sparse across the country. Although value is still only what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Appreciate 1
mgmarsh39253.00
      08-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #68
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
That sounds like a very reasonable price. Especially for the crazy M6 market.

Hope the E92 is giving you all the excitement you were missing. I still catch myself checking out the E46 M3s from time to time.

I have not vetted this number but it speaks the ole supply vs demand. Knowing you have 1 of sub 3000 for NA is pretty solid leverage if someone really wants an M6 Coupe. These are fairly sparse across the country. Although value is still only what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Actually, the real number for the US market is 1933 copies. Period. The others were for Canada to compromise the 2093 number. I happen to be one of the lucky owners with one of 207 Sakhir Orange models. So, not something you see every day. The car turns heads. I feel like I'm dating Scarlett Johansson. ;-)

And yes. Of course, something is only "worth" what someone else will pay for it. However, a thing of beauty is a joy forever.
Appreciate 0