BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-20-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Orange County - Grrrrrr

So I visited friends in the OC last Sunday. We were safe and had fun. Came out after a few hours and found my beautiful Carbon Black 640 GC had been visciously assaulted by the neighbor’s sprinkler System. The entire hood, nose, and both fenders got a good soaking that had been baked dry to about a billion white water spots.

I tried not to freak out because our friends were with us, but I immediately took out my Quick Detailer spray and worked it as well as I could. It lessened the spots but they were still there.

Next day I googled the problem. 9 out of 10 Detailers recommended a 50/50 solution of water and distilled vinegar applied to the dry paint, left for a few minutes and then washed off.

I did so. All water spots gone! Also all of the wax, but as I literally have nothing else to do, I didn’t mind waxing her up. The vinegar solution also worked great on my glassed in shower at home.

Oh, yeah, before I was able to cure the spot problem, my TPMS told me to stop carefully, the right rear tire was low. As if spotting the bejesus out of my car wasn’t enough, Orange County also shoved a bolt into my tire. Took it to my tire guy - Green’s OK Tire in North Hollywood - these guys are AMAZING and fair and take superb care of their customers - and they patched and balanced it for me for free.

I know I’m blaming Orange County for all of my weekend vehicular woes, but what else am I going to do? Take responsibility for my own actions? Lol! Perhaps I should blame the virus.

All’s well, and all that.

Happy Motoring.
Appreciate 3
JBF650111.00
Havy292.00
Junebug851589.00
      05-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
BMPOWERED
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650 GC M sport

Karma telling you you shoulda stayed yo a$$ at home. Lol!
2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (sold)
2001 BMW 325ci (sold)
Appreciate 2
burkhacs126.00
      05-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMPOWERED View Post
Karma telling you you shoulda stayed yo a$$ at home. Lol!
Haha! Probably!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
FinalRenegade
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M6 GranCoupe | Last Model Year

My run-flats blew open on the express-way yesterday...

It all started when I stored my summers at the dealership and it came out slightly bent with bubbles in the tires, I asked them if it was safe to drive and they said yeah absolutely, i didn't feel the same way and booked a replacement appointment for the 29th, didn't even make it till then. I drive maybe once a week so it couldnt have been the constant wear and tear...

Very dissatisfied with the dealership and especially dunlop sportmax, these damn tires always have bubbles, replaced both my fronts last year already (thank god for tire and rim protection), I hope they didnt just patch up my tires from last year and told me it was new...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #5
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRenegade View Post

It all started when I stored my summers at the dealership and it came out slightly bent with bubbles in the tires, I asked them if it was safe to drive and they said yeah absolutely, i didn't feel the same way and booked a replacement appointment for the 29th, didn't even make it till then. I drive maybe once a week so it couldnt have been the constant wear and tear...

Very dissatisfied with the dealership and especially dunlop sportmax, these damn tires always have bubbles, replaced both my fronts last year already (thank god for tire and rim protection), I hope they didnt just patch up my tires from last year and told me it was new...
That sounds like 100% your dealerships fault, bordering on negligence After a few thousand miles on those Dunlop runflat tires, I replaced them with Michelin AS/3s, which are not runflat and ride approximately 9 billion times better.

Sounds like you might be stuck with the runflats, given your tire and rim warranty. At least you’ll get new tires!

Happy Motoring!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 12:28 AM   #6
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRenegade View Post

Hi FinalRenegade,

Very surprised and disappointed to read your dealership suggested it was OK to drive with bubbles in sidewalls of your RFT.... this is a sure sign the the side walls are compromised and a safety issue. Just another reason to rid yourself of the worst decision re OEM tyres BMW keep making. why they insist on destroying the ride quality on some of their cars by putting these god awful RFT on is anyone's guess.
If you are in a position to get rid of these god awful RFT you will thank yourself for it everyday. as has already been said , Michelin Pilots are sublime, after 6 months of the Dunlop RFT, id had enough, I put the Michelin sport 4s' on mine car it was like night and day...

happy and safe motoring
Appreciate 0