BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing atm

Deal done.. late 2015... M6 GC alpine white

Just picked up a M6 GC 2015, Alpine white with Sakhir inside.

Loving it already.. i was expecting more of a roar in sport plus but i’ll fix that soon enough. Is there a less restrictive filter that can replace the stock ones with just to see if theres a difference in sound?

First things first i need to fix that rear end. It just seems like its unfinished.

Has anyone seen or bought one of these??

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113214982975

i think its very similar if not the same as the vorstiener one.. but almost half the price. Just wondered if its any good.

Also would someone be kind enough to tell me if the stock exhaust tips just bolt off? i was hoping they would so i can put some black or carbon bigger tips on.

Sure i’ll be asking many more questions...

thanks MJ
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

Nice, my favorite color combination. I just couldn't find one with all of the options I wanted in the year of looking.

Fitment of the diffuser is hit or miss, though there are so many different copies of it coming out of China, it's hard to say about yours. I bought one, and the test fit required a little bit of contorting. I've been waiting for a day that I can remove the rear bumper; somebody on here mentioned it was easier to mount that way.

Tips are held in by pressure clips. Simply tap out (backwards obviously) with a rubber mallet.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclin View Post
Nice, my favorite color combination. I just couldn't find one with all of the options I wanted in the year of looking.

Fitment of the diffuser is hit or miss, though there are so many different copies of it coming out of China, it's hard to say about yours. I bought one, and the test fit required a little bit of contorting. I've been waiting for a day that I can remove the rear bumper; somebody on here mentioned it was easier to mount that way.

Tips are held in by pressure clips. Simply tap out (backwards obviously) with a rubber mallet.

Sweet! thanks man... yea the tips have got to go.. i might try this carbon diffuser and see how it fits.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

its hard finding the perfect spec unless you have thw patience of a saint. This ones not spec’d with soft closing or comfort access which i wanted but it has HUD and adapative LED headlights which were key for me. In my experience the more tech built into a car the more shit that goes wrong.
Appreciate 0