BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-08-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
RenalInsult
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Cab

Charge Air Radiator is leaking

Hello, first post here. My 2015 M6 Cab charge air radiator (I think that’s the name), has a coolant leak. My plan is to have it repaired and after days of YouTube searching found a video of how to replace a radiator in a 535, and it looks similar to my car. I pulled the fan but now am worried that I may need to open the AC system to get the radiator assembly out, which would be a hard stop for me. Has anyone been down this road? Is it possible to repair or replace the charge air radiator in my garage or should I cut my losses and take it to a professional?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #2
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenalInsult View Post
Hello, first post here. My 2015 M6 Cab charge air radiator (I think that’s the name), has a coolant leak. My plan is to have it repaired and after days of YouTube searching found a video of how to replace a radiator in a 535, and it looks similar to my car. I pulled the fan but now am worried that I may need to open the AC system to get the radiator assembly out, which would be a hard stop for me. Has anyone been down this road? Is it possible to repair or replace the charge air radiator in my garage or should I cut my losses and take it to a professional?
Can you take a little more of a zoomed out picture of the cooler thats damaged. I have been in there to replace my ac condenser but i cant tell which radiator is broken there
      08-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

You most likely need to pull the ac condenser to get access to the coolant lines if i recall correctly
Attached Images

08-24-2021, 08:19 PM   #4
RenalInsult
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Cab

Some follow up. It took some time and effort and I was able to replace the charge air coolant radiator. It wasn't easy to take apart, it wasn't fun to replace, it was way harder than I anticipated to put back together. Fortunately I did not have to remove the AC condenser. But it is done and the M6 runs perfect. I have a leak free charge air cooling system and no more reduced power warning light.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #5
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

I always salute people like you that have the skills, patience and bravery to repair their own cars
      08-26-2021, 05:59 PM   #6
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenalInsult View Post
Some follow up. It took some time and effort and I was able to replace the charge air coolant radiator. It wasn't easy to take apart, it wasn't fun to replace, it was way harder than I anticipated to put back together. Fortunately I did not have to remove the AC condenser. But it is done and the M6 runs perfect. I have a leak free charge air cooling system and no more reduced power warning light.
Nice work! any pictures or guidance for doing it. impressive you got it replaced without taking out the AC condenser.