BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-22-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
Karm6
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 gc

17 m6 gran coupe

Hi,

New member here, recently purchased a 2017 m6 gc from a fellow member here.
Would like to hear peoples opinion on spec
If you have mods that you would like to sell at a good deal, hit my dm

So far just updated to idrive6 and coded CarPlay and other usual bimmer code codings
Installed catback valvetronics exhaust

Thinking of front lip ideas , if anyone has the lip that gives over the bottom part of your number please post pics
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-22-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Looks great! One of my favorite bmw colors in fact our 550 has it and looks fantastic nearly 10 years later. These cars sound a lot better with catless downpipes but if you have state emissions testing it might not be an option. A nice looking CAI system is a nice mod, not sure if they are really power adders but the right one does dress out the engine bay nicely.

My suggestion is to drive it like it is for a while to get to know it better, be very disciplined about changing the oil and having the oil tested to check for rod bearing issues. Check to see if the car has has had the 3rd brake light recall done, nothing more startling than that thing flying off at highway speed.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
Karm6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Looks great! One of my favorite bmw colors in fact our 550 has it and looks fantastic nearly 10 years later. These cars sound a lot better with catless downpipes but if you have state emissions testing it might not be an option. A nice looking CAI system is a nice mod, not sure if they are really power adders but the right one does dress out the engine bay nicely.

My suggestion is to drive it like it is for a while to get to know it better, be very disciplined about changing the oil and having the oil tested to check for rod bearing issues. Check to see if the car has has had the 3rd brake light recall done, nothing more startling than that thing flying off at highway speed.
I think the light was replaced. How do I check the rod bearings ? I've heard about replacing them but nobody mentioned it could be checked
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:46 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karm6 View Post
I think the light was replaced. How do I check the rod bearings ? I've heard about replacing them but nobody mentioned it could be checked
Oil samples are the only non-invasive way to do it. If you were to have the visually inspected the job is about 50% at that point. Blackstone is a very reputable lab and costs about 30 dollars to be tested. If you do your own oil changes you can inspect the bottom of the filter cap for copper.

Get some miles under your belt with it before jumping into modifications. This will give you a good baseline for overall health. Find a good local bmw/euro indy shop give them some business and get to know them. Our cars share a lot of parts with the F10 M5 which had a higher production than the M6's so chances are good that they'll be very at home in the engine bay of your M6 if they have worked on the M5.

These are great cars and I have done plenty of wrench turning on mine and my 550 but I do know when to call my trusted advisers at my local shop.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Karm619.00
      03-23-2022, 12:30 PM   #5
ind_can
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC ILE

Beautiful spec! Lovely shade of blue with that interior. What shade of blue is that anyway? Looks pretty rare.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 12:34 PM   #6
Karm6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Beautiful spec! Lovely shade of blue with that interior. What shade of blue is that anyway? Looks pretty rare.
It is tanzanite blue exterior and amaro brown full merino leather . I love the headliner and believe this was the only interior option the m6 allowed for matching alcantara headliner
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #7
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

Love both exterior and interior colors! The tanzanite blue almost looks black in the shade but really pops in the sunshine.

But I really love the amaro brown interior with the matching headliner.

Beautiful!

Last edited by machareus; 03-23-2022 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0