BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
jeevith
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe Manual

6MT BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Bought this a while ago but thought I would share. Yes these do exist a 6 speed manual M6 Gran coupe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
GOLFFRR10716.50
jjasonSU194.00
ind_can98.00
Akshaya19.50
      10-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

sweet

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      10-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Beautiful machine
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      10-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevith View Post
Bought this a while ago but thought I would share. Yes these do exist a 6 speed manual M6 Gran coupe.
That's awesome! Welcome to the group. I wanted a MT gran coupe for a while as well but ended up getting a MT coupe instead!
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      10-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #5
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

You are my hero. Patience pays off. When I was in the market I could not find one in my price range.

4 months after my purchase, a Singapore Gray 2015 finally dropped in price into my range, but alas it was too late
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
You are my hero. Patience pays off. When I was in the market I could not find one in my price range.
Quote:
I looked for ages...price wasn't even an issue just couldn't find one at all. Then this popped up and I had to get it. No regrets, what a machine this is.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshaya View Post
Quote:
That's awesome! Welcome to the group. I wanted a MT gran coupe for a while as well but ended up getting a MT coupe instead!
I was tempted to buy your car saw it for sale a few months ago absolutely insane spec.
Appreciate 1
Akshaya19.50
      10-27-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I looked for ages...price wasn't even an issue just couldn't find one at all. Then this popped up and I had to get it. No regrets, what a machine this is.
Similar to my story! I looked forever! I think in 2 years I only found 8 or so manual transmissions ever pop up on the market (most of them were coupes), but they were missing other options I wanted. Patience pays off for sure!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #9
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
My experience was very different. Back in 2017 when I was looking, there was easily two GCs and 2 coupes posted for sale at one point. Many of the dealers knew what they had, and the price reflected it.

I would say however though, it would be very difficult to drive the car very quickly in 6MT, unless the gear ratios were very long. Things happen very quickly in the M6 and the DCT helps streamline the control the car.

Also note if your 6MT also comes with a competition package, it would be considered pretty rare. In the late model years, competition package could not be outfitted with 6MT. Hence most competition package 6MT cars are 2014 and 2015 cars.
Appreciate 2
jeevith15.00
MMMM6GC275.00
      10-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #10
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Similar to my story! I looked forever! I think in 2 years I only found 8 or so manual transmissions ever pop up on the market (most of them were coupes), but they were missing other options I wanted. Patience pays off for sure!
Yes indeed I wanted a very high spec car B&O night vision extended leather etc etc. Most manual cars that were made were base spec cars so we definitely have some unicorns.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:37 PM   #11
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was tempted to buy your car saw it for sale a few months ago absolutely insane spec.
Apparently I sent them the deposit the day after it went up for sale, but it they took forever to mark it as sold! Thank you as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:39 PM   #12
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Apparently I sent them the deposit the day after it went up for sale, but it they took forever to mark it as sold! Thank you as well!
Never sell that car but if you do I'll buy it 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:43 PM   #13
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha I don't see getting rid if it anytime soon! Already got the entire car wrapped in expel ultimate plus! Not something I would do for a car I plan on getting rid of!
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      10-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #14
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha I don't see getting rid if it anytime soon! Already got the entire car wrapped in expel ultimate plus! Not something I would do for a car I plan on getting rid of!
I'll be driving mine in winter so I will do a full paint correction and xpel after. Just bought winter tires for it yesterday. Other than that will be going stage 2 and catless downpipes soon. Also if you haven't made the switch to PS4S yet do it ASAP
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #15
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll be driving mine in winter so I will do a full paint correction and xpel after. Just bought winter tires for it yesterday. Other than that will be going stage 2 and catless downpipes soon. Also if you haven't made the switch to PS4S yet do it ASAP
I'll likely be upgrading the downpipes but I haven't decided what order I wanted to go! If you're going to drive in the winter, doing a ceramic coating on top would be a good idea! It makes cleaning a breeze!
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      10-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #16
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll likely be upgrading the downpipes but I haven't decided what order I wanted to go! If you're going to drive in the winter, doing a ceramic coating on top would be a good idea! It makes cleaning a breeze!
Talking to a lot of people they say look for 3.5 inch downpipes not 3 inch but I also have to do more research to figure out what brand I'm gonna go with
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #17
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Talking to a lot of people they say look for 3.5 inch downpipes not 3 inch but I also have to do more research to figure out what brand I'm gonna go with
You and me both! I wanted to take it a bit slower with this car so I might hold off on those a bit. Just got my oil and filter so that will be a start haha. And I'm taking it in on Wednesday to do the KW HAS swap so I can raise the car up a bit. It's lowered on springs from the previous owner and a tad too low for my taste.
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      11-02-2020, 09:29 PM   #18
Marcus Frost
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Enjoy it! All of these cars are such joys to drive with the manual. I recommend doing the CDV delete and the Rogue SSK!

-m
1969 Lincoln Continental Sedan
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #19
jeevith
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post
Enjoy it! All of these cars are such joys to drive with the manual. I recommend doing the CDV delete and the Rogue SSK!

-m
I'll look into it thanks for the suggestion
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #20
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
I drive my 2016 GC MT all year long in Chicago. It's great fun all the time. Like 47,000 miles since new after 5 years. Don't have any plans to sell it, ever.
Appreciate 1
jeevith15.00
      11-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #21
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 vert

There's a manual up for auction on my favorite time suck (BringATrailer).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-speed-manual/
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #22
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmb View Post
There's a manual up for auction on my favorite time suck (BringATrailer).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-speed-manual/
I was doing so good with my distraction management until you had to give me this free taste of BaT! Definitely a nice example of a F06 M6.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 1
gregmb19.50