BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-19-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
Michael BMW Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 650i

Help needed with wheel colors

Hello everyone. I currently own a 2012 BMW 650i which has about 37k Miles on it. Recently i just had my tires replaced and when my tires were replaced the finished started chipping so I went to my local BMW dealership and had my rims resprayed gloss black. I was excited at first but my excitement turned sour because now i dislike the way the gloss black rims look on my car. I have to admit that I like black rims but i just don't like how they look on my car. I'm currently out of town for a few days but when i get back home, I'm changing them back to the original color or i may try this color Gloss gunmetal color on my wheels. Here are a few pictures of my car. I have pictures of the original color wheels, the black gloss wheels and also the gloss gunmetal color wheels i may get. Sorry for any typos and please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance everyone for your suggestions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #2
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

A matte black would be way better looking than that gloss black imo. For race look go matte black, for dd and blend in with the crowd then gloss gunmetal, but that just me on how I would choose the color.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 07:56 PM   #3
Michael BMW Fanatic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamate View Post
A matte black would be way better looking than that gloss black imo. For race look go matte black, for dd and blend in with the crowd then gloss gunmetal, but that just me on how I would choose the color.
Thanks alot and also do you have any examples of how matte black may look on my vehicle?....Thank you for responding
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #4
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael BMW Fanatic View Post
Hello everyone. I currently own a 2012 BMW 650i which has about 37k Miles on it. Recently i just had my tires replaced and when my tires were replaced the finished started chipping so I went to my local BMW dealership and had my rims resprayed gloss black. I was excited at first but my excitement turned sour because now i dislike the way the gloss black rims look on my car. I have to admit that I like black rims but i just don't like how they look on my car. I'm currently out of town for a few days but when i get back home, I'm changing them back to the original color or i may try this color Gloss gunmetal color on my wheels. Here are a few pictures of my car. I have pictures of the original color wheels, the black gloss wheels and also the gloss gunmetal color wheels i may get. Sorry for any typos and please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance everyone for your suggestions.
Matte Bronze… would look really nice IMO
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 10:33 PM   #5
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

You can google matte black wheel on white m6, there are a bunch for you to see how it would look.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 11:57 PM   #6
jjasonSU
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i, NSX

Never liked black wheels
And matte black on white just looks dull and dusty to me.
From your car photos I liked the original wheel color. Hopefully they can get the original shine and texture.
I have white as well, and I went with machined/painted silver
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 05:02 AM   #7
zdbmw
Z
Russia
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

+1 for the matte gold/bronze
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #8
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdbmw View Post
+1 for the matte gold/bronze
Have you thought about plastidip. I haven't settled in a color but if ya don't like you can just remove it and go with something else.

These folks run a ton of YouTube diy's and have some great products.

https://www.dipyourcar.com
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I see chromeline trim around the windows of the car in the first post. If that's your car...I would put any "black" wheel low on the list since you don't have shadow line trim.

If you're wife/mother/sister/girlfriend was wearing a white outfit, with silver jewelry and a silver handbag...if she asked you should she wear her black shoes or her silver shoes (that happen to match her jewelry and purse)...what would you tell her?

If you want to go with black wheels...I would recommend going whole PANDA (white & black)! You need to black out all the silver trim (shadow-line window trim, door handles, side turn signals, grilles, tail pipes).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 04:44 PM   #10
Michael BMW Fanatic
Rep

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your responses.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #11
Michael BMW Fanatic
Rep