BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

View Poll Results: Which Tuner is the Best
Dinan 3 16.67%
Mission 4 22.22%
AC-Schnitzer 0 0%
G-Power 0 0%
Turner Motorsport 0 0%
Burger Tuning 6 33.33%
Evolve 2 11.11%
Noelle 0 0%
Evotech 1 5.56%
PP-Performance 0 0%
Manhart Racing 0 0%
Kelleners Sport 0 0%
Active Autowerke 0 0%
Hamann 0 0%
VR (Vivid Racing) 0 0%
Evolution Tuning 0 0%
RaceChip USA 0 0%
ESS 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

04-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #45
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
I still don't see Bootmod3 on your poll.
I tried to add BootMod3 to the poll, but wasn’t able to do so after I had started the poll. Sorry. However, I will be taking a tally of the number of people who mentioned BootMod3 at the end of the poll. And will post the numbers afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #46
Havy
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
Ok, I totally understand. That’s good to know about the AC-Schnitzer tune. I’m sorry for the typo earlier. I meant to say “dyno” time. :-). Did you explore any other tuner? Whether or not you did, is there any other tuner that you more than likely who have chosen besides the AC-Schnitzer?
Hi M6DYS,
Sorry for the late reply. We don’t have that many tuner as in the US as we need the TUV certificate after installation. You can buy cheep tunes but those are crap and I never where interested in those. Apart from AC-Schnitzer we have Hamann or PP-Performance and of course G-Power
I would consider all the above as the top notch. There are probably more but for BMW those are the top ones. I consider a top tuner not only in terms of power increase also the service and the body tuning as well as the after sale service.

And here the best.

Last edited by Havy; 04-24-2019 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: Added video links.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      04-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #47
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

I've been running DME Tuning's Stage 3 tune for almost 4 years now and I honestly can not complain as I drive my M6 very aggressively as well! They tune remotely now which is really convenient and were able to tune my cousins F90 M5 with out any issues.

Personally one of the main reasons why I went with DME other than the power gains is their customer service which was beyond outstanding, they answered all of my silly questions.

DME Stage III, Catless Downpipes, SSP Basket & Clutches, 3.5" Custom Intakes & Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      04-29-2019, 02:08 AM   #48
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauvSTi View Post
I've been running DME Tuning's Stage 3 tune for almost 4 years now and I honestly can not complain as I drive my M6 very aggressively as well! They tune remotely now which is really convenient and were able to tune my cousins F90 M5 with out any issues.

Personally one of the main reasons why I went with DME other than the power gains is their customer service which was beyond outstanding, they answered all of my silly questions.
It’s good to know DME is solid with their customer service and product quality. So, do you get free updates? What are their modification requirements for their stage 3 tuner? Do their tuner have any type of valet mode for turning on and off the tuner whenever you need to get dealership service done on your car? Have you gotten your car dyno tested after the tuner was installed?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 02:19 AM   #49
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Hi M6DYS,
Sorry for the late reply. We don’t have that many tuner as in the US as we need the TUV certificate after installation. You can buy cheep tunes but those are crap and I never where interested in those. Apart from AC-Schnitzer we have Hamann or PP-Performance and of course G-Power
I would consider all the above as the top notch. There are probably more but for BMW those are the top ones. I consider a top tuner not only in terms of power increase also the service and the body tuning as well as the after sale service.

And here the best.
That’s impressive results for the AC-Schnitzer. I never paid much attention to several of those that you mentioned earlier. I think that here in the U.S., owners may be more inclined to get tuners from the U.S. As you mentioned that the customer service being one of the main reason for the purchase of your selected tuner, it’s much easier to go with tuners made and supported nationally in America.

I am aware that G-Power tuners are among the best, but they are one of the most expensive too. I’ve not seen much chatter about their customer service either. Plus, their website can be a bit difficult to maneuver. A lot of information is scrambled on their website, so that would be a major factor in deciding whether to go with them as well. Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Appreciate 1
Havy294.00
      04-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #50
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #51
KrutoyM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp

You didn't put DME tuning on the list. I run a DME tune on my car and so does everybody I know with an F series M5 or M6. They are hands down the best, most reliable, and fastest out there.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #52
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrutoyM6 View Post
You didn't put DME tuning on the list. I run a DME tune on my car and so does everybody I know with an F series M5 or M6. They are hands down the best, most reliable, and fastest out there.
I apologize for that. I tried adding it to the list the day after I created the poll, but the site wouldn’t let me change the list and poll afterwards. I have gotten several feedback from DME tuner users and at the end of the poll, I’ll create a spreadsheet that will include all the ones that I didn’t have on this lists. Thanks for your feedback.

Btw, is there anything more that you would like to say about your DME experience?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 08:22 PM   #53
KauvSTi
Rep
Drives: M6, M8 Comp, S63, 720S, F8

Quote:
It’s good to know DME is solid with their customer service and product quality. So, do you get free updates? What are their modification requirements for their stage 3 tuner? Do their tuner have any type of valet mode for turning on and off the tuner whenever you need to get dealership service done on your car? Have you gotten your car dyno tested after the tuner was installed?
I purchased a remote cable, I’m sure they have a hand held tuner but I’m happy with my car so leaving it as is. Drivability is outstanding, see link below.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425852&page=2
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:09 AM   #54
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauvSTi View Post
I purchased a remote cable, I’m sure they have a hand held tuner but I’m happy with my car so leaving it as is. Drivability is outstanding, see link below.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthr...1425852&page=2
Ok, got you. I have to definitely do some more research on the DME. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #55
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

another vote here for bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #56
Boosted M5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

I drive a M5, I've been running mission performance stage 1 for 6 months now with just akra exhaust. I can tell you that with a stage one you can get a nice bump and not worry about blowing the thing up. The car feels smooth with no hiccups at WOT and like stock when you're cruising around town. With stage 2 you're looking at clutches, downpipes, charge pipes, intakes, tires for better grip, axles and diff mounts if you want to be in the 700+ which all translate to a LOT of money.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #57
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted M5 View Post
I drive a M5, I've been running mission performance stage 1 for 6 months now with just akra exhaust. I can tell you that with a stage one you can get a nice bump and not worry about blowing the thing up. The car feels smooth with no hiccups at WOT and like stock when you're cruising around town. With stage 2 you're looking at clutches, downpipes, charge pipes, intakes, tires for better grip, axles and diff mounts if you want to be in the 700+ which all translate to a LOT of money.
Thanks for your input. The Akra in itself is very expensive. But, it’s a great exhaust. Do you know what numbers you are running with the stage 1? Mission tuner is one of the top response that I have gotten on this poll thus far.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #58
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airz View Post
another vote here for bootmod3
Got it! Anything you want to say about your experience with your tuner? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #59
M6GCMM
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 GC

I accidentally selected ESS. Is there anyway to unselect it?
Curious to see what the results will be as I'm in the market for a flash tune as well. Just bought ER downpipes and will be pairing it with stock exhaust until I could get a great deal on a used Akra or MPE or Eisenmann.
I'm leaning towards mission performance but the only tuner in the four state area is a ESS dealer.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #60
Airz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Got it! Anything you want to say about your experience with your tuner? Thanks.
Honestly its the easiest process I've ever gone through to map a car (if a little nerve racking the first time).
Went with the stage 1 93 Octane off the shelf tune and so far no issues at all. The car makes about 24PSI at peak and pulls like a train. No idea how much actual power its making yet but plan on taking it to a dyno soon to get some numbers.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #61
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

alright guys so i just got my second dyno (3 hour drive) after i got "Retuned" by my tuner, (2 hour drive) and all my figures went DOWN. i got retuned because my initial dyno was weak.

i asked for a refund and he said NO. so i have no problem addressing this issue on the forums now.

Mission Tuning, website says 700+ hp for a stage 2 tune. I paid for stage 2, have catless downpipes, gapped plugs, charcoal delete.

he told me he guarantees 620 whp at the very least.

my figures are 570 whp and 575 torque. stock m6 dynos at 530 whp according to mission tuning.

so this means i paid $1300+ for 40 horsepower. on a stage 2 car. thats pathetic. fuck that. im gonna go with a different tuner. he tells me to fill up e85 to see better numbers. im not paying for an e85 tune. if you put e85 in a stock m6 that stock m6 will easily see massive gains as well. thats just fluffing up your dyno numbers. im not going to consistently go out of my way to fill up e85 on a daily basis. and also, before i paid for the tune, he should have told me that these numbers are only achievable through e85. or that they are not guaranteed. im over it.

(keep in mind that he is 1 hour away from me, the dyno is 1.5 hours away from me) im not going to keep spending my entire day going to and from him and the dyno just because he cant get it right.

Last edited by Xx__xs; 05-05-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50
      05-05-2019, 11:04 PM   #62
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCMM View Post
I accidentally selected ESS. Is there anyway to unselect it?
Curious to see what the results will be as I'm in the market for a flash tune as well. Just bought ER downpipes and will be pairing it with stock exhaust until I could get a great deal on a used Akra or MPE or Eisenmann.
I'm leaning towards mission performance but the only tuner in the four state area is a ESS dealer.
There’s no way to correct your selection because of the way that I setup the polling. However, I’ll add your selection of the Mission tuner to the spreadsheet that I’ll create at the end of the poll. Thanks for your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #63
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx__xs View Post
alright guys so i just got my second dyno (3 hour drive) after i got "Retuned" by my tuner, (2 hour drive) and all my figures went DOWN. i got retuned because my initial dyno was weak.

i asked for a refund and he said NO. so i have no problem addressing this issue on the forums now.

Mission Tuning, website says 700+ hp for a stage 2 tune. I paid for stage 2, have catless downpipes, gapped plugs, charcoal delete.

my figures are 570 whp and 575 torque. stock m6 dynos at 530 whp according to mission tuning.

so this means i paid $1300+ for 40 horsepower. on a stage 2 car. thats pathetic. fuck that. im gonna go with a different tuner. he tells me to fill up e85 to see better numbers. im not paying for an e85 tune. if you put e85 in a stock m6 that stock m6 will easily see massive gains as well. thats just fluffing up your dyno numbers. im not going to consistently go out of my way to fill up e85 on a daily basis. and also, before i paid for the tune, he should have told me that these numbers are only achievable through e85. or that they are not guaranteed. im over it.

(keep in mind that he is 1 hour away from me, the dyno is 1.5 hours away from me) im not going to keep spending my entire day going to and from him and the dyno just because he cant get it right.
Wow!! I’m at a loss for words right now. Mission???? WTF??? Customer service is very important to all businesses today people. I’m thankful for your so valuable input. There are several members on here that I know (including myself), that will be purchasing new tuners in the very near future. Many of which, are/were leaning towards the Mission Tuner. But, by what you have just stated, I’m sure it has and will influence our decision to purchase the Mission Tuner. Sorry for your troubles!

I am totally alarmed at the numbers that you are getting from Mission Tuner, for a stage 2 tuner. Just 40 hp gain is nonsense!! I know M6 owners that have absolutely no mods and are able to get that much hp gain from race-fuel alone. I have tried E85 on my wife’s M4 and got 43 hp gains on the dyno. She didn’t want me to mess with her car, so all I have done, is experiment with fuels. So, any tuner that has very little or no gain in hp should be totally avoided. After all, our BMWs are very expensive cars and we should not want to mess them up!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 11:27 PM   #64
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airz View Post
Honestly its the easiest process I've ever gone through to map a car (if a little nerve racking the first time).
Went with the stage 1 93 Octane off the shelf tune and so far no issues at all. The car makes about 24PSI at peak and pulls like a train. No idea how much actual power its making yet but plan on taking it to a dyno soon to get some numbers.
Cool. It’s definitely a good thing to know about your tuner. Thanks again for your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 12:49 AM   #65
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:

Did you get a baseline dyno of your car? Also what kind of dyno? Care to post the dyno sheet?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 02:49 AM   #66
Airz
Private
Rep

Quote:

This is pretty shocking especially given that most tuners rely on word of mouth and there reputation to stay in business. You'd expect them to be bending over backwards to help you to a)ensure you get the best experience in order to maintain their reputation and b) to make sure that they aren't overlooking something in the tune or particular software versions on your car that could ultimately impact other future customers cars.
Lets bee honest it only takes a couple of bad responses on forums to totally ruin a companies reputation in the enthusiast scene as no one wants to risk damaging their car when the market has so many alternatives for tuning.
Appreciate 1
M6DYS17.50