BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2015, 11:34 PM   #309
acf10
First Lieutenant
United_States
193
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 50 M
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitethesnapper View Post
Santorini
very unique! Looks great
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #310
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
34
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanj_16 View Post
BOMB RIMS Man....FUC***in LOVE THEM>>>>DOPE !!
That set is FS in the classified section.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #311
PRican//M614
Second Lieutenant
United_States
27
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M6, 2015 BMW X5...
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wantagh, long island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
Try the S63 AMG ...

Just putting it out there!!!

I love both the 2015 S63 AMG (every option avail less carbon ceramic breaks) and the 2016 BMW M6 Cab (every option less carbon ceramic breaks and comp package) in my stable! and then many mods!

And I might just add the S63 AMG is quicker than the M6 (even with Supersprint down pipes and Full Akra evo and 325 rubber on the rear and custom 21 inch rims ... both cars tracked and zero to 60 runs done .. S63 is stock less the 22 inch rims/rubber (295 rear and 255 front) and Brabus rear deck lid spoiler), and in the AMG flagship the S is very detailed in the interior department with amazing leathers, stitching, massaging front and rear seats, amazing stock exhaust note etc etc and the handling is CRAZY for a 5000 lb Pig ... 5.5L biturbo, 590 hp and 668 Ft lb and AMG 4matic ... totally different animal than the regular run of the mill S550

Both are amazing but you need to compare near apples to near apples ... the regular flavor S550 is NO match to an M car for fit/finish/performance and not even close to an S63 AMG .. just like a normal BMW 750Li is no match or comparison to a BMW Alpina 7 or an M6.

Both brands have amazing engineering and technology ... just depends what you really want ... and making a fair comparison!

the engineering behind both!

Just MHO

By the way, your M6 sounds amazing

I plan on going Dinan next spring on my M6 ... Advice?
I had an AMG S63 it was a really good car. I just find myself having to shut off the lights after I hit the lock button on the remote on the S550... I had a E350 same stuff. Not knocking them just see some stuff like the navi. You have to be stopped to put in an address
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #312
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7336
Rep
14,231
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoloYueng//M614 View Post
that diffuser is
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #313
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
7336
Rep
14,231
Posts

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsBoutique View Post


__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #314
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
156
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Victoria BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoloYueng//M614 View Post
I had an AMG S63 it was a really good car. I just find myself having to shut off the lights after I hit the lock button on the remote on the S550... I had a E350 same stuff. Not knocking them just see some stuff like the navi. You have to be stopped to put in an address
WOW Dude ... good on you with the S63's as well ...

Yeah ... I had the same issues in my 2008 S450 4matic AMG Sport Package, and my 2011 S63 AMG .... not so on the 2015 S63 ... They seem to have fixed these issues with the last S63 AMG class I got my hands on. The main reason for this car (2015 vs my 2011 S63) is the AMG 4matic as it rains a lot in the winter months and we have a few snow days... And shaving off 0.5 sec zero to 60 going 4matic isn't a bad thing either ... My last S63 AMG (non 4matic) had issues in heavy rain and the few snow days we get here In Victoria BC .. even with Pirelli Soto Zero on the stock 20's ... Have to drive through a provincial park and elevation change of 1900 ft from sea level for a 2 km windy stretch, before the last 3 km of my 26 km commute home from Victoria ... And yes we get a ft of snow and Victoria get a light dusting ...

as for the 2011 S63 AMG vs the 2008 S450 4matic ... the performance sucked on the S450 after having a 2007 M6 Cab ... had to upgrade when I could

My S450 4 matic never had the fit and finish of the Designio options on my 2011 S63 ... and the 2015 S63 which is sick
S450 4matic Amg sport trim was amazing in the snow and rain ...

The fit and finish of the current gen M6 is crazy ... Similar to the 2011/2015 S63 Amg ... Yet miles ahead of the 2008 S450 and current gen run of the mill S550

I'd go as far as saying the current M6 and S63 have very similar attention to detail in the fit and finish ... And performance ... However very different animals ... Both are amazing in their own way ... No only if the BMW Alpina B7 was XDrive ... Gulp ... Ok maybe lets not go that far
This is why I dropped the post re your wife's non AMG sport S550 4matic ... mind you my wife now drives a 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec ...

No that I sit here after some clarification all is good again!

All is good again


Love the brands ... BMW and Benz ... both have AMAZING PRODUCTS if the right performance and fit/finish options selected!!!

Driven many a Porsche Turbo at Mosport as well ... many nice things there as well ... if ordered correctly!

Enjoy the sickness ... and the improvements with time as the German's improve their Game! ... lets just overlook VW for the time being

Much Bro!!!

Enjoy the addiction of AMAZING PERFOMANCE CARS!!!!
__________________
Current Garage:
2019 M2 Comp, 2019 GLC 63 AMG , 2017 GLS 63 AMG, 2015 S63 Amg, 2008 John Dheer Gator XUV
Past Cars:
2016 M6 Cabrio, 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec, 2007 M6 Cab, 2011 S63 Amg, 2008 S450, 2006 330xi, 1998 Z24, 2002 Chev Suburban

Last edited by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab; 10-14-2015 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #315
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
Try the S63 AMG ...

Just putting it out there!!!

I love both the 2015 S63 AMG (every option avail less carbon ceramic breaks) and the 2016 BMW M6 Cab (every option less carbon ceramic breaks and comp package) in my stable! and then many mods!

And I might just add the S63 AMG is quicker than the M6 (even with Supersprint down pipes and Full Akra evo and 325 rubber on the rear and custom 21 inch rims ... both cars tracked and zero to 60 runs done .. S63 is stock less the 22 inch rims/rubber (295 rear and 255 front) and Brabus rear deck lid spoiler), and in the AMG flagship the S is very detailed in the interior department with amazing leathers, stitching, massaging front and rear seats, amazing stock exhaust note etc etc and the handling is CRAZY for a 5000 lb Pig ... 5.5L biturbo, 590 hp and 668 Ft lb and AMG 4matic ... totally different animal than the regular run of the mill S550

Both are amazing but you need to compare near apples to near apples ... the regular flavor S550 is NO match to an M car for fit/finish/performance and not even close to an S63 AMG .. just like a normal BMW 750Li is no match or comparison to a BMW Alpina 7 or an M6.

Both brands have amazing engineering and technology ... just depends what you really want ... and making a fair comparison!

the engineering behind both!

Just MHO

By the way, your M6 sounds amazing

I plan on going Dinan next spring on my M6 ... Advice?
I'm sure S63 is not faster (or quicker) than any M6 including Convertible and I know it's a significantly slower than M6 Coupe! you shouldn't think if the numbers are higher, the car is quicker; however the actual power of M6 is over 600 HP. On the other hand S63 AMG is too big and too heavy and noway can handle better than M6 ... even S65 is not quicker than M6 and is not a sport car AT ALL!
You may be interested to watch this:

__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 12:06 AM   #316
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
156
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Victoria BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I'm sure S63 is not faster (or quicker) than M6 even M6 Convertible! And don't think if the numbers are higher, the car is quicker. S63 is too big and too heavy and noway can handle better than M6 ... even S65 is not quicker than M6 and is not a sport car AT ALL!
You may be interested to watch this:

S65 is rear wheel drive, 6.0L biturbo V12... The 4matic biturbo 5.5L V8 S63 is quicker than the S65 even with less horse power and torque by virtue of the AMG 4matic ... It shaves off 0.5 sec just like all the new AMG 4matics such as the E63 4matic vs non 4matic with the same engines in normal or "S" perf trim when everything else is the same but AMG 4matic vs non 4matic. The S63 AMG 4matic is also 0.5 sec quicker than non 4matic (I have had both 4matic and non with the same spec 5.5L biturbo). Thus I can see and understand the argument why M cars should go X-Drive in the future from BMW

Likely S63 not faster than the new comp package in the M6 with 600 hp ... But does feel better in the corners IMHO after tracking both my 2015 S63 and 2016 M6 non comp package on the same track ... And was quicker zero to 60 than my 2016

It would not surprise me if the new comp pack M6 would be quicker as it is a lighter car as well than the S63 ... And 50 hp more than my current M6 set up ... And I have not personally experienced that M6 edition



Thanks for the video, I did look at it!

Have you personally tracked both ... I have in Vegas (all AMG's on 4 trips) and M cars in Montreal on 2 trips, plus my cars here in Victoria ... And Porsche 911s/panamera/chayenne in turbo, GTS/GT4 trims at Mosport

There is some neat tech on the current S63 4matic ... Many Utube videos re torque vectoring around corners that pulls the car through the corners and makes it feel much lighter!! ... The torque vectoring in the S63 4matic makes it a much more nimble car than the s65, my last S63 non 4matic and my current M6

With much respect have a look as well ... You may become sold on the tech and perhaps the change in philosophy BMW M series has been talking about!

Where is the stig when we need him
With the utmost respect, You don't have to take my word for it, just look at the zero to 60 or 62 listed for the 2015 S63 AMG 4matic and 2014 to 2016 M6 coupes in Internet reviews even by the same sources ... Don't get me wrong ... I love both my M6 and S63 and each is different and has its own niche and I don't think Id trade either for a replacement other than its next generation

At these high Hp and torque figures ... Added weight, technology and all wheel drive play an important role to get power to the ground and the weight around a bend ... Something Porsche 911 GT4 and turbo's have learned over non all wheel drives!

Might I add viper, hellcats to the table as non all wheel drive examples re power/torque/mass and performance and feel


With much respect to you as I know you know your stuff based off you posts, all good discussion points by you, and I now add all wheel drive and torque vectoring technology to the future direction of over 500 hp performance from AMG already there, M-seris to come, Porsche has already made the leap before both Benz and soon to be BMW ... And yet miles ahead still is Lambo/Audi R8 and Ferrari ... See what happens with mopar, Ford and GM!

By the way I had edited my above post a little after you quoted me

Last edited by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab; 10-15-2015 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #317
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
48
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Chicago M6 GC

Sunrise. Car in shade, but you still get some of the Tanzanite.

Appreciate 2
      10-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #318
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
48
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Chicago M6 GC

Appreciate 2
      10-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #319
RPiM5
Major General
RPiM5's Avatar
2590
Rep
7,864
Posts

Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Moonstone
Just saw this.
__________________


Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #320
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
S65 is rear wheel drive, 6.0L biturbo V12... The 4matic biturbo 5.5L V8 S63 is quicker than the S65 even with less horse power and torque by virtue of the AMG 4matic ... It shaves off 0.5 sec just like all the new AMG 4matics such as the E63 4matic vs non 4matic with the same engines in normal or "S" perf trim when everything else is the same but AMG 4matic vs non 4matic. The S63 AMG 4matic is also 0.5 sec quicker than non 4matic (I have had both 4matic and non with the same spec 5.5L biturbo). Thus I can see and understand the argument why M cars should go X-Drive in the future from BMW

Likely S63 not faster than the new comp package in the M6 with 600 hp ... But does feel better in the corners IMHO after tracking both my 2015 S63 and 2016 M6 non comp package on the same track ... And was quicker zero to 60 than my 2016

It would not surprise me if the new comp pack M6 would be quicker as it is a lighter car as well than the S63 ... And 50 hp more than my current M6 set up ... And I have not personally experienced that M6 edition



Thanks for the video, I did look at it!

Have you personally tracked both ... I have in Vegas (all AMG's on 4 trips) and M cars in Montreal on 2 trips, plus my cars here in Victoria ... And Porsche 911s/panamera/chayenne in turbo, GTS/GT4 trims at Mosport

There is some neat tech on the current S63 4matic ... Many Utube videos re torque vectoring around corners that pulls the car through the corners and makes it feel much lighter!! ... The torque vectoring in the S63 4matic makes it a much more nimble car than the s65, my last S63 non 4matic and my current M6

With much respect have a look as well ... You may become sold on the tech and perhaps the change in philosophy BMW M series has been talking about!

Where is the stig when we need him
With the utmost respect, You don't have to take my word for it, just look at the zero to 60 or 62 listed for the 2015 S63 AMG 4matic and 2014 to 2016 M6 coupes in Internet reviews even by the same sources ... Don't get me wrong ... I love both my M6 and S63 and each is different and has its own niche and I don't think Id trade either for a replacement other than its next generation

At these high Hp and torque figures ... Added weight, technology and all wheel drive play an important role to get power to the ground and the weight around a bend ... Something Porsche 911 GT4 and turbo's have learned over non all wheel drives!

Might I add viper, hellcats to the table as non all wheel drive examples re power/torque/mass and performance and feel


With much respect to you as I know you know your stuff based off you posts, all good discussion points by you, and I now add all wheel drive and torque vectoring technology to the future direction of over 500 hp performance from AMG already there, M-seris to come, Porsche has already made the leap before both Benz and soon to be BMW ... And yet miles ahead still is Lambo/Audi R8 and Ferrari ... See what happens with mopar, Ford and GM!

By the way I had edited my above post a little after you quoted me
Well, after reading your posts again, I figured out by "quicker" you meant short distance drag races (ie 0-60) while I was referring to rolling and other stuff; however this video also proves that M6 GC reaches 100 /150/200/250 km/h faster than S63 AMG 4Matic.



According to the numbers of websites you reffered, I think I have discussed more than enough (with others and not you) BMW intentionally underrated S63tu engine on both M5/M6 and the 0-60 numbers on BMW website is not accurate. Many magazines including C&D and MT have tested M5/M6 and they can confirm these cars (M6 GC and M5) can go 0-60 in 3.7 second. For M5 you can watch the MT video Here


or you can see the result of test for M6GC performed by C&D

Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 13.0 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.1 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.8 sec
Standing -mile: 11.9 sec @ 124 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review

Compare to 2015 S63 AMG Coupe 4Matic:

Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.5 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 14.2 sec
Zero to 160 mph: 23.9 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.8 sec
Standing -mile: 12.0 sec @ 120 mph
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review


I don't see anywhere S63 is faster than M6. Furthermore, as apple to apple comparison, you have to compare the S63 Coupe with M6 coupe... I can't find data for M6 Coupe but since she is 100-150 lighter than both M5 and M6GC, I expect a little faster times.

We can keep arguing about 0-60 or 1/4 mile or many thing else but again to me a ~199" long 4750 lb luxury S63 coupe is not a sport car at all.

Also regarding to torque vectoring, BMW does not believe in torque vectoring and none of current M cars have torque vectoring and that's why we enjoy the kicking at gear shifting. Furthermore the latest release of MB C63S with all marketing tricks of torque vectoring is not faster than M4 GTS (with similar power and torque) or even stock M3/M4 (F8x).
__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #321
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
156
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Victoria BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Well, after reading your posts again, I figured out by "quicker" you meant short distance drag races (ie 0-60) while I was referring to rolling and other stuff; however this video also proves that M6 GC reaches 100 /150/200/250 km/h faster than S63 AMG 4Matic.



According to the numbers of websites you reffered, I think I have discussed more than enough (with others and not you) BMW intentionally underrated S63tu engine on both M5/M6 and the 0-60 numbers on BMW website is not accurate. Many magazines including C&D and MT have tested M5/M6 and they can confirm these cars (M6 GC and M5) can go 0-60 in 3.7 second. For M5 you can watch the MT video Here


or you can see the result of test for M6GC performed by C&D

Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.0 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 13.0 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.1 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.8 sec
Standing -mile: 11.9 sec @ 124 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review

Compare to 2015 S63 AMG Coupe 4Matic:

Zero to 60 mph: 3.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.5 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 14.2 sec
Zero to 160 mph: 23.9 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.8 sec
Standing -mile: 12.0 sec @ 120 mph
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review


I don't see anywhere S63 is faster than M6. Furthermore, as apple to apple comparison, you have to compare the S63 Coupe with M6 coupe... I can't find data for M6 Coupe but since she is 100-150 lighter than both M5 and M6GC, I expect a little faster times.

We can keep arguing about 0-60 or 1/4 mile or many thing else but again to me a ~199" long 4750 lb luxury S63 coupe is not a sport car at all.

Also regarding to torque vectoring, BMW does not believe in torque vectoring and none of current M cars have torque vectoring and that's why we enjoy the kicking at gear shifting. Furthermore the latest release of MB C63S with all marketing tricks of torque vectoring is not faster than M4 GTS (with similar power and torque) or even stock M3/M4 (F8x).
Nice Video link ... Don't recall seeing that one in its entirety before! Thanks

Yes, I was referring to Zero to 60 Times ... and cornering feel by the seat of the pants!

I am comparing my garage as that is what I have tracked under the same conditions, same day.

However AMG Track Days in Vegas .. E63 AMG-s 4matic Kills the S63 AMG 4matic coupe or sedan

I love the M6 Cab ... and it is my daily driver in good weather (Princess only goes out if she can be topless ... a bit of an exhibitionist) ... I also love the S63 AMG 4matic as this is my rain/snow fall/winter machine ... and summer wedding road-trip machine ... both have their place in my world ... I'd be in a BMW Alpina 7 if it were X-drive, or if there was a M7 X-Drive as heavy rain/snow and windy roads are a part of my daily commute in the fall and winter.


Yes, BMW doesn't offer Torque Vectoring ... be interesting to see what will happen if the rumor re M cars going X-Drive happens.

The M6 Coupe is quicker than the M6 Cab by about 0.1 sec if I am not mistaken ... thus the observation on the track of my current 2016 M6 Cab and Current S63

I am really interested to see after Dinan stage I next spring what the M6 Cab with Supersprint and Full Akra will do.

As for the intentional under rating specs by BMW ... I never questioned it ... but appload it as the S63 gets hit with higher insurance premiums due to the HP and Torque ratings published by Benz here in BC Canada .. read double insurance premiums for same coverage ... and a minimum $3000 deductible on the S63 to boot vs the $300 on the M6 Cab

All good! Yes we can argue for hours on how amazing one is over the other and vice versa. It is all good ... but each in my world has its own specific driving environment ... and some overlaps where there has been some interesting experiences and comparison.

And unfortunately the S63 and the M6 are not near perfect apples to apples comparison by virtue of 4matic, size and weight differences ... but do hold their own in their own class comparison. I would suggest the E63 AMG be the more fair comparison to the M6 GC or M5 ... however than we have the issue of the AMG 4matic and the performance results that gives vs non 4matic in that E63.




Thus the discussion re M cars and X-Drive ... will it be better?

Have a look at E63 AMG 4matic (wagon ) Vs M6 GC


The future looks very interesting ... X-drive?

Yes, not a purists choice I agree ... usability and year-round fun factor for over 500 HP

As for the new C63 .. don't think it is 4matic .. and I agree the BMW product is way better in that range!!! Although I have not Driven the new C63 ... only saw in showroom

by the way ... I like that the M6 and S63 as they are more rare cars than the M5 and E63 ... why I have those two beasts ... why be common? But once again, in my world need 4matic ... or X-drive as Princess she no go out in the rain or snow and I am not about to settle for just an X-drive or 4-matic (non M or Non AMG) for "my" rain/snow driver

Cheers Bro ... talk soon!
__________________
Current Garage:
2019 M2 Comp, 2019 GLC 63 AMG , 2017 GLS 63 AMG, 2015 S63 Amg, 2008 John Dheer Gator XUV
Past Cars:
2016 M6 Cabrio, 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec, 2007 M6 Cab, 2011 S63 Amg, 2008 S450, 2006 330xi, 1998 Z24, 2002 Chev Suburban

Last edited by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab; 10-16-2015 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #322
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
:

The M6 Coupe is quicker than the M6 Cab by about 0.1 sec if I am not mistaken ... thus the observation on the track of my current 2016 M6 Cab and Current S63
Based on Motor Trend report:
M6 Cab can go 0-60 in 3.9 second. 1/4 mile in 12.3 second @115 mph
see 1:40 here
M5 can go 0-60 in 3.7 second. 1/4 mile in 11.9 second @ 120.3 mph.
See 3:00 here
Comparing M6 Coupe with these cars, we can confidently expect she can go 0-60 in 3.6 second and 1/4 mile in high 11's @ 123+ mph since is about 150 lb lighter than M5 (and 250 lb lighter than M6 cab) and has better drag coefficient...

BTW I see where your comments are coming from and why you love AWD cars since I used to live in Toronto for couple years

And forget about drag stuff... More fun is on rolling where M6 smokes E63 S AMG 4Matic which is one of the fastest MB in their lineup
Enjoy it



Quote:
As for the new C63 .. don't think it is 4matic .. and I agree the BMW product is way better in that range!!! Although I have not Driven the new C63 ... only saw in showroom
You are right. C63 is not 4Matic but has the same "torque vectoring" configuration

Quote:
I am really interested to see after Dinan stage I next spring what the M6 Cab with Supersprint and Full Akra will do.
As far as tuning, this engine with proper tune is "A REAL MONSTER"
Let me post some of my favorite videos here







__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #323
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
156
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Victoria BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Based on Motor Trend report:
M6 Cab can go 0-60 in 3.9 second. 1/4 mile in 12.3 second @115 mph
see 1:40 here
M5 can go 0-60 in 3.7 second. 1/4 mile in 11.9 second @ 120.3 mph.
See 3:00 here
Comparing M6 Coupe with these cars, we can confidently expect she can go 0-60 in 3.6 second and 1/4 mile in high 11's @ 123+ mph since is about 150 lb lighter than M5 (and 250 lb lighter than M6 cab) and has better drag coefficient...

BTW I see where your comments are coming from and why you love AWD cars since I used to live in Toronto for couple years

And forget about drag stuff... More fun is on rolling where M6 smokes E63 S AMG 4Matic which is one of the fastest MB in their lineup
Enjoy it





You are right. C63 is not 4Matic but has the same "torque vectoring" configuration



As far as tuning, this engine with proper tune is "A REAL MONSTER"
Let me post some of my favorite videos here







THANKS BRO!!

I will look at them this weekend! More gear head data and sound!!!

Glad to see my S63 AMG 4matic reportedly keeps up with the M6 Coupe zero to 60 ... Lol ... Not to say the M6 is poor ... just what the AMG 4matic can do for such a heavy pig!

Anyhow, what are the accepted zero to 60 times for the M6 Coupe/GC vs the E63 AMG-S 4Matic and Non 4matic ... looking at what the potential would be for the idea of an X-drive version of the M cars for us CANADIANS Eh!

Note in the zero to 60 of the E63 4matic Wagon vs the M6 GC ... no traction control light from launch ... it does make a difference getting the power to the pavement!! .. Wonder what 325 rear tires and then slick could do and then how much more would an M-performance X-drive system do ...

Also the E63 Wagon in 4matic is quicker than the Sedan due to aerodynamics of the wagon ... go figure .. I considered the wagon as the E63 AMG 4matic wagon is like a unicorn ... but then again ...

Thanks for the discussions ... I really enjoyed them ... for the rest ... sorry for the spam and
__________________
Current Garage:
2019 M2 Comp, 2019 GLC 63 AMG , 2017 GLS 63 AMG, 2015 S63 Amg, 2008 John Dheer Gator XUV
Past Cars:
2016 M6 Cabrio, 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec, 2007 M6 Cab, 2011 S63 Amg, 2008 S450, 2006 330xi, 1998 Z24, 2002 Chev Suburban
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 01:23 AM   #324
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 to 2016 M6 Cab View Post
... looking at what the potential would be for the idea of an X-drive version of the M cars for us CANADIANS Eh!
Canadian (Eh) is my second citizenship BTW ...
__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #325
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
156
Rep
737
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Victoria BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Canadian (Eh) is my second citizenship BTW ...
I guess you can't be all that bad then Eh!!
__________________
Current Garage:
2019 M2 Comp, 2019 GLC 63 AMG , 2017 GLS 63 AMG, 2015 S63 Amg, 2008 John Dheer Gator XUV
Past Cars:
2016 M6 Cabrio, 2015 GLK 250 Bluetec, 2007 M6 Cab, 2011 S63 Amg, 2008 S450, 2006 330xi, 1998 Z24, 2002 Chev Suburban
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 03:11 AM   #326
N.S.A
Major
United_States
94
Rep
1,136
Posts

Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Here[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
   
__________________
-2015 991 GT3 Porsche Blue Sapphire Metallic
-2016 BMW ///M4 Yas Marina Blue Metallic with M Performance Exhaust
-2015 BMW ///M6 Gran Coupe Frozen Black with Full Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust SOLD
-2014 BMW ///M5 Black Sapphire Metallic with Full Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust SOLD
-2013 BMW ///M3 Limerock Park Edition SOLD
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #327
rekkk
New Member
4
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 530
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale

iTrader: (0)

This thread is amazing. That is all I can contribute to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #328
Pazzo009
Major
Pazzo009's Avatar
United_States
583
Rep
1,194
Posts

Drives: M5,X5M,M3's,488 Pista
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

My wife and my girlfriend....
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 3
Flying Ace3982.00

      10-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #329
AstonMartian777
Captain
109
Rep
648
Posts

Drives: 2014 M6 F06
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
Here[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
love it
__________________
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #330
C5driver
Major
C5driver's Avatar
3386
Rep
1,154
Posts

Drives: 55...just kidding.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 33.6167 N, 117.8975 W

iTrader: (0)

It's a shame I can't follow myself.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST