BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Dealer Damaged Alloy

All, some thoughts please, after several weeks of painful waiting and continual discussion with an official dealership, my heated steering wheel and calliper were both replaced by my local dealer, initially they advised in writing both items would be replaced under warranty however later refused to honour on the basis that none were warranty, long story short they agreed to replace at
allegedly their cost ie c£2k as the commitment was in writing from the service guy

Upon collection I was horrified to see that spanner monkey that had removed the wheel to access the calliper had used an air tool on the wheel nuts and damaged the wheel when either loosening the or tightening the wheel bolt, now my dilemma is do I insist on a new wheel or allow them to carry out a repair on account of me being reasonable, I sort of feel sorry for them and I suspect some poor service persons getting sacked.

I know they will never match the factory finish ??

What would you guys do, the wheel was 100% as new prior to these morons
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

They most likely will refinish the wheels to the manufacture specs if the repair guy is good.

I also hate bringing my car to the shop. Every time they touch my wheels, something damage. Sometime I just do it myself even thought it's cheaper to bring it in vs my time. However, the headache dealing with them afterwards is too much.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC04 View Post
They most likely will refinish the wheels to the manufacture specs if the repair guy is good.

I also hate bringing my car to the shop. Every time they touch my wheels, something damage. Sometime I just do it myself even thought it's cheaper to bring it in vs my time. However, the headache dealing with them afterwards is too much.
They should cover that. I had a recall on our x6 for an airbag and low and behold when i went to get it a vent button was chipped badly... i took pics and emailed them asap, and after denying it they came around.

I am not even the type to complain but it was in the middle of the console and was white. The button wasnt able to replace, they had to do the entire module. Needless to say, stay on top of them for a full replacment
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Yes In my experience you can never replicate OEM finish, I shall insist they put a new rim on it, otherwise I shall refuse to return their rather nice X7
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 05:31 AM   #5
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
Yes In my experience you can never replicate OEM finish, I shall insist they put a new rim on it, otherwise I shall refuse to return their rather nice X7
They must make good! It’s not your concern if some rough shit bag has been fired over their incompetence... your car came in fine and has been presented back to you damaged. This is unacceptable. Demand recompense
Appreciate 0