BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #89
pdubq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, was 08 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxRyanM View Post
Finally got rid of those ugly chrome grilles and replaced with some much better looking black ones. Also blacked out the emblems and removed the front plate holder. That left some holes, but they're much less noticeable than the frame.

Had a question for everyone too - which spoiler do you prefer, this one or this one?
Iím not much of a spoiler guy, so Iíll let others weigh in on that... BUT, if you ever decide to address the license-plate holes, I have a recommendation there: Bumper Plugs! https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=73

Color matched and looks great filling obvious holes. I say that because with your color, those holes are almost imperceptible. I wouldnít notice had you not mentioned it in your post, and had to zoom way into see them.

But Iím ordering them today to put on a Space Grey x3 that is on itís way to me. And had them on my previous 535i as well, they hold up really well.
Was: 2008 535i, Vishnu Procede V5, Vishnu PWM Meth, Injen DCI, RPM air scoop, AR Design high flow catted dps, Custom cat-back dual exhaust, Wheel spacers (10mm/20mm), H&R Pro springs on Koni Yellow shocks
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #90
doggboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Finally got rid of those ugly chrome grilles and replaced with some much better looking black ones. Also blacked out the emblems and removed the front plate holder. That left some holes, but they're much less noticeable than the frame.

Had a question for everyone too - which spoiler do you prefer, this one or this one?
I have the first one and really like it. I think the second one is a bit too much.

Last edited by doggboy; 04-02-2020 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #91
jmahes
Rep
Drives: 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic View Post
Installed 4" tips. Some people said it's necessary to buy M6 exhaust to fit 4" tips. My welding guy fitted them to original 650i exhaust and VALVES WORKS.

More photos of next mods soon on my IG: aesthetic.m6
wrapped my steering wheel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #92
Derekz4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

I took it in for the last time under its 4 year 50k warranty to get checked out. It turns out they did a pan gasket. Good thing I had them look.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 08:01 PM   #93
RxRyanM
Rep
Drives: 2015 650xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Iím not much of a spoiler guy, so Iíll let others weigh in on that... BUT, if you ever decide to address the license-plate holes, I have a recommendation there: Bumper Plugs! https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=73

Color matched and looks great filling obvious holes. I say that because with your color, those holes are almost imperceptible. I wouldnít notice had you not mentioned it in your post, and had to zoom way into see them.

But Iím ordering them today to put on a Space Grey x3 that is on itís way to me. And had them on my previous 535i as well, they hold up really well.
I definitely had the bumperplugs on my radar before taking the holder off. I'm contemplating wrapping it, so I'd probably get them fixed before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
I have the first one and really like it. I think the second one is a bit too much.
I think I may prefer the first one too. I definitely didn't like the carbon of the second one, but the shape interested me. Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #94
TGG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdubq View Post
Quote:

I’m not much of a spoiler guy, so I’ll let others weigh in on that... BUT, if you ever decide to address the license-plate holes, I have a recommendation there: Bumper Plugs! https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...;product_id=73

Color matched and looks great filling obvious holes. I say that because with your color, those holes are almost imperceptible. I wouldn’t notice had you not mentioned it in your post, and had to zoom way into see them.

But I’m ordering them today to put on a Space Grey x3 that is on it’s way to me. And had them on my previous 535i as well, they hold up really well.
I'm not a fan of spoilers either. They cross the line between smart and snarky. But if you must, definitely the skinniest one.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:04 PM   #95
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Installed new stock BMW front spoiler today.
On one of my activities during pandemic drives, hit either a fox or a possum. Little f’er just shot right out and lost his existence.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:10 PM   #96
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG View Post
I'm not a fan of spoilers either. They cross the line between smart and snarky. But if you must, definitely the skinniest one.
Agree.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Sonís
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:19 PM   #97
pdubq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘15 650ix GC, was 08 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Installed new stock BMW front spoiler today.
On one of my activities during pandemic drives, hit either a fox or a possum. Little fíer just shot right out and lost his existence.
Awesome!!! Did you buy from dealer and going to get paint shop to paint it? Or somehow order it pre painted?

Iím about to exalt my 6er from daily driver to fair weather driver... (picking up an x3 for the stable!!!!) and realized the paint chips I got on the front end in just one fall/winter of Colorado driving are atrocious!!!
Appreciate 0