BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #23
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111singh View Post
I curious how and where you drilled extra holes, as the long sections are hollow. Would you mind taking some pics for me? Also thinking additional holes might have to be done as the existing... small hole on the top part that touches the bumper and larger hole on the bottom so you can get a socket set on a nut or bolt head.
use mine as a reference. mine had no holes pre drilled so i drilled a hole to fit a socket and then a smaller hole on the mounting side for the bolt. then used double sided tape for the mating edge
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #24
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
use mine as a reference. mine had no holes pre drilled so i drilled a hole to fit a socket and then a smaller hole on the mounting side for the bolt. then used double sided tape for the mating edge
Thanks, this is very useful, i basically did the same as the second pic but the first one which is nearer the tyres is not there at the moment. I just have the one bolt in the same location as your second pic and the rest is stuck on everywhere with double sided. It stayed stuck on at very high speeds but i'm still wanting to add an additional bolt there.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #25
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
I installed the 1-piece replica from EBMotors. The fitment was pretty crap.
Same for me -- the holes on the two ends (near the tires) were impossible to put a nut through, so I just taped it up with 30 lb. 3M tape. Has been holding up so far. I did get two bolts on each side though at the side and towards the center. Then obviously, the other 3 that screw in just like the stock one. 5 total, hopefully that will do the trick.

Even with a lot of tinkering I couldn't get the panel gap fully sorted out, especially on the left side. Any tips on getting those nasty gaps sorted out?

04-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #26
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
I installed the 1-piece replica from EBMotors. The fitment was pretty crap.
Same for me -- the holes on the two ends (near the tires) were impossible to put a nut through, so I just taped it up with 30 lb. 3M tape. Has been holding up so far. I did get two bolts on each side though at the side and towards the center. Then obviously, the other 3 that screw in just like the stock one. 5 total, hopefully that will do the trick.

Even with a lot of tinkering I couldn't get the panel gap fully sorted out, especially on the left side. Any tips on getting those nasty gaps sorted out?

can you get some better pics of the overall fitment. i cant really tell with the cf on such a dark colored car
Appreciate 0