BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
KnightArtoria
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

2014 BMW 650XI Gran Coupe Diffuser Mod

Hello all,

I want to upgrade the diffuser on my BMW to an M style diffuser. I do understand that if I want to get the original M6 diffuser I would need two parts, the diffuser guide/cover and the actual diffuser.

However I found this part below on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40275189502...b58b%7Ciid%3A1

Which looks like it would attach directly to where the guide should go. Does anyone know if this part would fit with my bumper plug and play?

See image attached.

Thanks all
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
sananvet
Mindys6
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 F06

i have the same car in black sapphire. i have done some aesthetic mods to the exterior with cf side skirts and cf covers for the front bumper splitters and a small cf rear spoiler. the diffuser was hard. i tried the one youve listed from ebay and while i could get it to retrofit the overall fitment was terrible and didnt look right around where the exhaust exits the mufflers. i do have an aftermarket exhaust which might be affecting fitment but i feel its more of an issue with the M-style not wrapping correctly around the exhaust tips. the hanger tabs required quite a bit of effort to get into position with the stock clips. i found the whole experience frustrating and gave up hope.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #3
KnightArtoria
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sananvet View Post
i have the same car in black sapphire. i have done some aesthetic mods to the exterior with cf side skirts and cf covers for the front bumper splitters and a small cf rear spoiler. the diffuser was hard. i tried the one youve listed from ebay and while i could get it to retrofit the overall fitment was terrible and didnt look right around where the exhaust exits the mufflers. i do have an aftermarket exhaust which might be affecting fitment but i feel its more of an issue with the M-style not wrapping correctly around the exhaust tips. the hanger tabs required quite a bit of effort to get into position with the stock clips. i found the whole experience frustrating and gave up hope.
Interesting, so do you recommend just buying the vanguard stock cover and the cf stock diffuser for better fitment? Or would I still be missing something?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:44 AM   #4
sananvet
Mindys6
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 F06

Honestly I havent tried it yet, but from schematics Ive seen I think that should work- a more straight forward fitment. More money though and finding a paint matched upper piece might be a pain. Let me know what you find because im interested in trying it. I broke the diffuse I tried- drilled some holes to help the clips engage but I still wasnt happy with final fitment around exhaust since theyre clearly made for an M6 not a 650i with M package.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #5
rexpontius
Rep
Drives: BMW 650xi GC 2013

It looks very similar to the one I have.
I got mine from a German company, but would not surprise me if they have the same producer.

Was pretty much plug and play, fitment pretty good.
Had to modify the bottom cover a little bit, but not too bad.
Im very happy with the looks.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0