BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #23
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

I don't think I've seen many E85 set ups on the M6 so it will be interesting to see the dyno numbers. Are you upgrading the turbos? What clutch are you going to go with?
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2023, 05:04 PM   #24
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
I don't think I've seen many E85 set ups on the M6 so it will be interesting to see the dyno numbers. Are you upgrading the turbos? What clutch are you going to go with?
Not going to touch the turbos just yet and I am going to have the clutch discussion with Midnite Tuning as it is hard to get a good sense of what is good now dodson, deka, ssp. There is plenty of b ad stuff to read on F10 M5 about any of them. I am also hoping to get some feedback on the Driveshaft Shop Rear Axles.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Mdriv3r148.50
      08-11-2023, 11:12 AM   #25
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Sorry to hear about your engine from RK, I remember a couple years ago when it blew, I never understood when you were rebuilding you didn’t do forged rods pistons, Even if you leave it stock forged is just making it bulletproof. Sorry to say The stock rods and pistons are garbage , the pistons are made from wafers and the rods made out of twizzlers , It’s called the chocolate engine 😂

I remember shortly after your rod bearing issue my engine cracked a piston leaving oil smoke out the exhaust , I had mine rebuilt with forged CP Carillo rods and pistons , DME stage 3 ,Bluetooth JB4 controlling boost and Meth, CPCarillo rods and Pistons ,SSP Spec R clutch , Stage 3 XHP trans tune,Fabworx catless DPs , Full Akra exhaust 872whp/931tq Built by Texas Pure Performance , I’ve had this setup for a couple years now and did hundreds of 150+mph pulls still running very strong , If you do decide to rebuild I feel forged is your best option,
I know it can be disheartening but any platform with these power levels things can happen , I know you really loved your car and I hope and wish you the best to get her all fixed up

How are things with the SSP clutch setup? There is lots of noise on here and the F10 M5 forum. I am trying to decide on Deka which I can get from turner motorsport with a lifetime warranty or SSP which has a limited warranty.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 02:16 PM   #26
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Not going to touch the turbos just yet and I am going to have the clutch discussion with Midnite Tuning as it is hard to get a good sense of what is good now dodson, deka, ssp. There is plenty of b ad stuff to read on F10 M5 about any of them. I am also hoping to get some feedback on the Driveshaft Shop Rear Axles.
DSS and the deka stage 2 are good choices. Im glad you went with the build. Should be a great setup.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2023, 07:26 PM   #27
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdriv3r View Post
DSS and the deka stage 2 are good choices. Im glad you went with the build. Should be a great setup.
Appreciate ya sharing the feedback. I only get to see my car 6 months out of the year due to my work schedule. Work also limits my ability to get out to car shows and events so I don't get the chance to chop it up with owners/drivers very often either. Owner feedback from here and what I can get on insta and FB plays an big role in the operation and maintenance of my cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 07:32 PM   #28
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
A little uplifting new. Apologies for the grainy photo, the work I do has me away from home and getting photos on social media is a bit difficult. I have asked for some pictures to be emailed but even then I am in a remote part of the world so downloading and sharing again will be a bit time consuming.

The last time I saw my car was on July 3rd. We have been waiting for some additional parts to come in some of which have been a lil slow on the delivery. That said my work has me away from home for a few months at a time on regular intervals so I haven't been in a spot where I could operate the car in away.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DRKNTM615.50
mikerx5461.00
Mdriv3r148.50
      12-12-2023, 01:04 PM   #29
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
An update on my car. I am still 2 weeks and 5000+ miles away from seeing her but elated beyond words. Thank you Midnite Tuning Inc in beautiful Largo, Florida. and my sincerest appreciate for the folks at Sales@RKautowerks.

Appreciate 2
DRKNTM615.50
Mdriv3r148.50