BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-14-2023, 07:42 PM   #1
pixelhustler
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Unhappy Injectors stuck open, extended warranty expired 5 days ago

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

On Saturday I did a (small) pull on the highway to get into a moving lane. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a few minutes later the car started sputtering and I lost power in the dead center of the Interstate. Fun times.

The extended warranty for fuel injectors issued by BMW in 2018 (10 years/120k miles) just expired 5 days ago. The clock starts before the vehicle is even purchased or hits the road, which is especially aggravating.

BMW NA says there's absolutely nothing they can do. They suggested I call a dealership to put in a "goodwill request" where the dealership covers the cost (pure comedy). I'm going to give it a shot regardless but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with a similar warranty or injector issue and what my options might be.
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2023, 12:54 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

I thought warranties - even those extensions - were from the "in-service" date. Whether you might get at least a partial goodwill repair depends a lot on what kind of customer you are. In my situation I would not even ask because I'm a terrible customer. I buy used and DIY everything once the warranty expires, and keep my cars for 7-8 years. Other than some parts counter purchases, the dealer never sees me.
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #3
velomack
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Let me know your outcome on this. I’m currently having a injector closed issue on 2 cylinders based on codes. Determining my next move, may end up swapping them all out for piece of mind. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 01:13 PM   #4
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelhustler View Post
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

The extended warranty for fuel injectors issued by BMW in 2018 (10 years/120k miles) just expired 5 days ago. The clock starts before the vehicle is even purchased or hits the road, which is especially aggravating.
Do you want to say that your car is older then 08/2013? I also noted that for X5 50 this extended warranty is more than 10y/100k mi.

Also, extended warranty does not work anymore for tuned cars.
Appreciate 0