BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
Newimage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

AMS downpipes versus meisterschaft dps

So I recently installed the meisterschaft exhaust and it sounds good but now I want to continue with the mid pipe and downpipes. It's not quite loud enough for me. I see a lot of you guys running AMS downpipes so I was curious if meisterschaft is comparable? I'm really pleased with the quality of meisterschaft and was thinking it would be nice to have a complete meisterschaft exhaust but if I will get better sound from the AMS I may go that route.
Any input appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

I would imagine most downpipes will have the same sound result as they are nearly identical in design due to the way they are installed and not having much room for differences in design. But someone else may have some more information on that.

I just purchased some fabworx performance downpipes and had them Cerakoted. I will install in the next couple of weeks. But the quality of the pipes and the welding on them are very good. Significantly cheaper than some of the big name brands out there, might be worth looking into for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Newimage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
I would imagine most downpipes will have the same sound result as they are nearly identical in design due to the way they are installed and not having much room for differences in design. But someone else may have some more information on that.

I just purchased some fabworx performance downpipes and had them Cerakoted. I will install in the next couple of weeks. But the quality of the pipes and the welding on them are very good. Significantly cheaper than some of the big name brands out there, might be worth looking into for yourself.
Thanks for input!
Appreciate 0