BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-19-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep
Drives: M6GC

M6 Gran Coupe - New Addition

New owner...greetings!

Picked up this '15 M6 GC in San Marino Blue from a fellow forum member...love the car so far, but still getting familiar with her!

I typically don't rock OEM wheels, nothing wrong with stock, but just like a bit of a personal touch. BIG question...anyone rocking 20" aftermarket wheels? Trying to get ideas before jumping to 21". It's not a daily driver & roads here are pretty good...I do like some spirited mountain roads (i.e. the Dragon) though and contemplating what to do. Not opposed to 21"...just getting ideas! PM me if selling any wheels as well

Current: Eibach springs (0.8inch drop) and 10mm wheel spacers:
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Beautiful car, congratulations! You picked the best colour (combo) 😇

I’m usually not a big fan of OEM wheels, but the ones you (and I) have are gorgeous, and not many after market wheels do better justice to the GC lines. So my suggestion would be to stick to them, drive the car (rather get MP4Ss unless you already have them, and get a good alignment - find someone who actually knows what they do, including rear wheels - most people don’t touch rear wheels because it’s an effort in our cars) and then decide if you need 21”... IMO 20” is the perfect size to GC what it comes to a balance between looks and drive...

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 02:18 AM   #3
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
New owner...greetings!

Picked up this '15 M6 GC in San Marino Blue from a fellow forum member...love the car so far, but still getting familiar with her!

I typically don't rock OEM wheels, nothing wrong with stock, but just like a bit of a personal touch. BIG question...anyone rocking 20" aftermarket wheels? Trying to get ideas before jumping to 21". It's not a daily driver & roads here are pretty good...I do like some spirited mountain roads (i.e. the Dragon) though and contemplating what to do. Not opposed to 21"...just getting ideas! PM me if selling any wheels as well

Current: Eibach springs (0.8inch drop) and 10mm wheel spacers:
Congrats on the car! One of my favorite colors!

I run 20" aftermarket BC Forged wheels and did not want to go to 21" due to traction issues and making power. If you ever plan on modding the car up to stage 2 you will not be able to keep the power to the ground on 21" tires with that really low profile. I am using 315/30/20 drag radials to hold the car down and so far they are the only tires that keep me from losing the rear end at the top of 2nd and throughout 3rd gear. You can't really have fun with the car if it's trying to get sideways at 60-80mph in 2nd and 3rd gears.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #4
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Congrats on the car! One of my favorite colors!

I run 20" aftermarket BC Forged wheels and did not want to go to 21" due to traction issues and making power.
Ok...I've gotta see some pictures! PM me if you have any on social media or where I can take a peek.

I was leaning towards these BC Forged wheels actually. I normally would do exposed hardware, but thinking hidden if in 20" as they may appear bigger. These will let the CCB's show a bit more in all their glory as well

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
Ro_Ja Boy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cars

I vote 21s. The car is too big for aftermarket 20s IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Where have I seen this car before?

Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
XSTAR_007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy View Post
I vote 21s. The car is too big for aftermarket 20s IMO.
Yes...I lean this way too, was hoping to see some examples on 20” aftermarkets as I’m sure they are out there. For now the OEM’s are pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Where have I seen this car before?

Hahahaha
Instagram? Knew the previous owner? Hope not a salvage shop
Appreciate 0