04-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
CCB Refurbishment

If you have CCB's and looking for some cost permissive alternatives for replacement, this might be helpful. This is is on my radar because I don't know the current weight of my rotors and there are no real metrics on what "lifetime" means as far as I can find.

https://www.rebrake.de/en/brand/bmw/m6/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
If you want to swap out the CCB rotors and pads these folks offer an option, https://racingbrake.com/f10-11-17/.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 03:40 AM   #3
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
If you have CCB's and looking for some cost permissive alternatives for replacement, this might be helpful. This is is on my radar because I don't know the current weight of my rotors and there are no real metrics on what "lifetime" means as far as I can find.

https://www.rebrake.de/en/brand/bmw/m6/
Seems like a risky buy but do share your results if you take that dive.

The CCB rotors have ware indicators and that is the first sign that the rotor is used up - if the market is worn more then 50% it is prob time for replacement rotors however unless you race the rig and use the breaks regularly in the track these CCB rotors should easily last 100k miles +...

I would suggest replacing the pads first at about 60k miles and that should keep the bite prime.

Taking the rig to the dealer or any shop is a huge risk as most mechanics don't give a rats @ss your rotors cost as much as their weight in gold and will damage the edges if they service or remove the rotor with their typical lack of care and proper tools... these rotors need special care and tools...

Well worth the investment if you decide to keep your rig for the next 50k miles...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Following for future reference.

I'm at around 50% of the CCB life.
My main concern is when going to the track, the CCB will wear much more quickly than standard brakes system.

The braking force and the low to zero dust is a stunning plus for me, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the price/performances ratio.

I will keep my M6 for a long time and keep tracking it so, some more options other than OEM will be appreciated.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #5
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliendex View Post
Following for future reference.

I'm at around 50% of the CCB life.
My main concern is when going to the track, the CCB will wear much more quickly than standard brakes system.

The braking force and the low to zero dust is a stunning plus for me, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the price/performances ratio.

I will keep my M6 for a long time and keep tracking it so, some more options other than OEM will be appreciated.
I don't track my car but may at some point in the future. Having one BMW with CCB and one BMW without CCB; I can tell you first hand that keeping wheels clean is so much easier with the CCB and like you I'll be keeping this car for a long time.

I see your location says Italy, if you are still there what part of Italy do you live?

In 2018 I took my wife on a long trip from Milan to Rome and when drove a rental car and loved the Autostrada and we got to visit Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello. Sadly we missed a MotoGP race by about a week but I did get to watch some weekend track day warriors having a blast.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #6
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I don't track my car but may at some point in the future. Having one BMW with CCB and one BMW without CCB; I can tell you first hand that keeping wheels clean is so much easier with the CCB and like you I'll be keeping this car for a long time.

I see your location says Italy, if you are still there what part of Italy do you live?

In 2018 I took my wife on a long trip from Milan to Rome and when drove a rental car and loved the Autostrada and we got to visit Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello. Sadly we missed a MotoGP race by about a week but I did get to watch some weekend track day warriors having a blast.
This car is a beast, it doesn't let you know it weighs 4400lbs unless you push really hard on the brake while cornering in the track!

I'm still there I live not far from Venice (nord-east)
Nice to know you came here!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:06 AM   #7
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliendex View Post
This car is a beast, it doesn't let you know it weighs 4400lbs unless you push really hard on the brake while cornering in the track!

I'm still there I live not far from Venice (nord-east)
Nice to know you came here!
I haven't tried charging any streets corners yet but I have been out on some curvy country back roads low slung lead sled cuts through it all like a knife through some properly prepare Calamari and not the pan fried rings but the soft delicious sort prepared i a marinara. You are living the best of both worlds!

We really wanted to make a trip out to Venice but had a deadline to meet getting to a cruise terminal near Rome. Our next trip will be a land only trip for 2 to 3 weeks. Our plan is to start in Venice and try to time it for the MotoGP race down in San Marino. With all the covid stress going on around the world it will likely be in 2022.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 07:33 PM   #8
TinCanSailor
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
An old thread but wanted to le you all know that their US website is live and that the VP of Sales for the US territory is an E92 M3 forum member rhyary. He is very approachable via the forum, email or phone. He also hosts a FB group where they discuss all the cool nerdy stuff about the materials, wear and repair.

https://rebrakeusa.com/refurbishment
Appreciate 0