BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #639
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My UKM5 freiend!
Wowie!!!!

This is awesome - just in time for summer's heat and time to enjoy life outdoors! What temperature will you keep the pool at?? Well done.

The M5 looks incredible! Such great lines on your model year. Carbon brakes, correct??
Racerbruce! In time for the race, well the pool was still a bit chilly earlier on but now its just right and about to put the barbecue on for our outside grille watching the race OUTSIDE! Then it's back to the pool.

Carbon brakes? They were an option but I prefer my steel ones with the blue calipers...On the carbon ceramics they are coloured gold my friend.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 08:29 AM   #640
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Racerbruce! In time for the race, well the pool was still a bit chilly earlier on but now its just right and about to put the barbecue on for our outside grille watching the race OUTSIDE! Then it's back to the pool.

Carbon brakes? They were an option but I prefer my steel ones with the blue calipers...On the carbon ceramics they are coloured gold my friend.
Lunch alfresco and the race too! This is summer at its best

Got it - I forgot that the gold calipers ID's the brakes as the ceramic option. My friend in San Diego has your exact car and he has your steel brakes. I was intrigued at the ceramic brake option and did some research....there have been numerous early failures of the ceramic brakes on this car; and the cost to replace the ceramic rotors, etc is close to $10K US!!!!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #641
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Lunch alfresco and the race too! This is summer at its best

Got it - I forgot that the gold calipers ID's the brakes as the ceramic option. My friend in San Diego has your exact car and he has your steel brakes. I was intrigued at the ceramic brake option and did some research....there have been numerous early failures of the ceramic brakes on this car; and the cost to replace the ceramic rotors, etc is close to $10K US!!!!
This is it that the cost is phenomenal for CC brakes at replacement time.My cars at 37k miles and still on the original discs which are hardly worn, plenty of life left in them and I have new front pads in waiting should they need replacing.
You getting the grille out today?
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 06:21 AM   #642
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Lunch alfresco and the race too! This is summer at its best

Got it - I forgot that the gold calipers ID's the brakes as the ceramic option. My friend in San Diego has your exact car and he has your steel brakes. I was intrigued at the ceramic brake option and did some research....there have been numerous early failures of the ceramic brakes on this car; and the cost to replace the ceramic rotors, etc is close to $10K US!!!!
Enough about my M my friend,tell me more about your Z,you got the standard brakes on it? What exactly are the ZHP control arms, do they go in conjunction with the stiffer springs and Bilsteins...
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #643
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Entirely occupied with all things related to supporting Lisa and helping with the dissolution of her mother's estate.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
      08-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #644
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Greetings my UKM5 friend -
Unsure if my PM sent to you made it through - checking in.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #645
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Thank you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Enough about my M my friend,tell me more about your Z,you got the standard brakes on it? What exactly are the ZHP control arms, do they go in conjunction with the stiffer springs and Bilsteins...
Greetings my friend -
My Z4M has OEM brakes; the front rotors are just under 13 inches in diameter and it stops very well! You can see the small "pins" between the rotor and cast aluminum hub which allows the rotors to "float" under thermal growth and stay aligned with the caliper. I still have the OEM brake pads and I'm at 68K miles!

When I upgraded the suspension in early 2017, I replaced the OEM with Bilstein shocks and struts, Eibach Pro-Kit performance springs which lowered the rear by .5 inches and the front by .8 inches. The OEM control arms were replaced with BMW ZHP control arms that have a much stronger, stiffer socket and are considered a performance upgrade.

These suspension upgrades radically transformed my little Z4M into a freaking race go-kart....it is stiff with zero body roll and corners FLAT....I love these upgrades. During the suspension upgrade, I refreshed all other items related to the struts and shocks as well.

The other significant upgrades are the Rogue Engineering Diablo exhaust mufflers, the RPI cold air intake scoop and the OZ Ultraleggera rims which combined, removed 50 lbs of unsprung weight, aiding in significant cornering and handling improvement and initial turn-in making it incredibly responsive.
Name:  Red Roadster Wheel Hub Cleaning After.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  664.2 KB
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 08-19-2020 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #646
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Greetings my friend -
My Z4M has OEM brakes; the front rotors are just under 13 inches in diameter and it stops very well! You can see the small "pins" between the rotor and cast aluminum hub which allows the rotors to "float" under thermal growth and stay aligned with the caliper. I still have the OEM brake pads and I'm at 68K miles!

When I upgraded the suspension in early 2017, I replaced the OEM with Bilstein shocks and struts, Eibach Pro-Kit performance springs which lowered the rear by .8 inches and the front by .5 inches. The OEM control arms were replaced with BMW ZHP control arms that have a much stronger, stiffer socket and are considered a performance upgrade.

These suspension upgrades radically transformed my little Z4M into a freaking race go-kart....it is stiff with zero body roll and corners FLAT....I love these upgrades. During the suspension upgrade, I refreshed all other items related to the struts and shocks as well.

The other significant upgrades are the Rogue Engineering Diablo exhaust mufflers, the RPI cold air intake scoop and the OZ Ultraleggera rims which combined, removed 50 lbs of unsprung weight, aiding in significant cornering and handling improvement and initial turn-in making it incredibly responsive.
Attachment 2382502
Looks so clean also there, not a speck of dirt..you certainly look after your 'Z racer' When I did my M oil change I gave it a nice clean underneath after the oil job including the bottom hanger arms finishing of with a wd40 wipe making them glisten silver. They don't do that at BMW service!
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #647
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Thank you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Looks so clean also there, not a speck of dirt..you certainly look after your 'Z racer' When I did my M oil change I gave it a nice clean underneath after the oil job including the bottom hanger arms finishing of with a wd40 wipe making them glisten silver. They don't do that at BMW service!
Thank you my UKM5 friend!
Your M5 receives equal attention to detail and love....well done!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #648
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
GP weekend again....in UKM5's home country!!!!

MBelgium -
Your home country's GP is still on the 2020 calendar, correct??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #649
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
GP weekend again....in UKM5's home country!!!!

MBelgium -
Your home country's GP is still on the 2020 calendar, correct??
There's also a BTCC meeting at Brands Hatch this weekend to which I am a fan of but spectators are barred.It angers me that motor racing fans are the best behaved of any sport with common sense and yet football and rugby matches are being considered to let in reduced numbers of spectators.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #650
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There's also a BTCC meeting at Brands Hatch this weekend to which I am a fan of but spectators are barred.It angers me that motor racing fans are the best behaved of any sport with common sense and yet football and rugby matches are being considered to let in reduced numbers of spectators.
That's just entirely wrong....allowing gathering for football and rugby but not for motorsport??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #651
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24115
Rep
13,885
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
GP weekend again....in UKM5's home country!!!!

MBelgium -
Your home country's GP is still on the 2020 calendar, correct??
Yes my friend . "Spa is August 30"
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #652
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24115
Rep
13,885
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Sparks !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #653
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes my friend . "Spa is August 30"
YAY!!!!
Spa is my favorite track....period.

My bucket list includes sitting at the top of Eau Rouge on driver's left for the F1 GP!!!!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #654
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Wow I'm beat..water all garden, every inch then a quick wash of the M and CLK to get that country harvest dust off.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #655
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Wow I'm beat..water all garden, every inch then a quick wash of the M and CLK to get that country harvest dust off.
Wowie!
If you park your beloved cars close enough to the pool and perform a few cannon-ball spashes into the pool....the overspray can clean the cars!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #656
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Wowie!
If you park your beloved cars close enough to the pool and perform a few cannon-ball spashes into the pool....the overspray can clean the cars!
Haha my M loves a nice wide easy spray in the shade then plenty of Meguiars wash suds to keep that body looking good.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #657
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

My MBelgium friend -

Name:  IMG_2812.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  86.2 KB

Just bought these and haven't tried any yet....tell me about these beers!
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
      09-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #658
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24115
Rep
13,885
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Attachment 2411630

Just bought these and haven't tried any yet....tell me about these beers!
Well my friend , they are ALC. 7-12% . This are actually strong beers ...
How they are ?
I have no idea (I'm sorry) because in Belgium are 1600 + beer brands .
Actually we have too much beers brands in Belgium to taste them all ...

Here is a list of some of them => https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_...lgische_bieren

"CHEERS MY FRIEND" !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #659
racerbruce
Lieutenant Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2153
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Greetings my MBelgium friend -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well my friend , they are ALC. 7-12% . This are actually strong beers ...
How they are ?
I have no idea (I'm sorry) because in Belgium are 1600 + beer brands .
Actually we have too much beers brands in Belgium to taste them all ...

Here is a list of some of them => https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_...lgische_bieren

"CHEERS MY FRIEND" !
Whaaaaaaaat??
1,600 beer brands??

This is NUTS!!!!

I checked out the Wikipedia link you sent - incredible.

Can't wait to try them - I will give you feedback!!!!

My UKM5 friend -
I know you are connoisseur of fine taste

Send me a few of your fav UK beer brands and I'll see if I can find them here!
Regards
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2020, 03:05 AM   #660
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7108
Rep
5,402
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Whaaaaaaaat??
1,600 beer brands??

This is NUTS!!!!

I checked out the Wikipedia link you sent - incredible.

Can't wait to try them - I will give you feedback!!!!

My UKM5 friend -
I know you are connoisseur of fine taste

Send me a few of your fav UK beer brands and I'll see if I can find them here!
Regards
My US friend, the beers you have are 'dynamite' very strong. I stick with John Smith ale it's around 3% alc and just right for me. This beer is canned and has the 'widget' that primes the beer with a nice head when poured into my favourite beer glass.Also Greene King IPA (India Pale Ale) is another one (went to the brewery in Bury St. Edmunds).
I was also enjoying a Super Bock Sagres 'sem alcool' beer yesterday at our favourite Portuguese restaurant celebrating our wedding anniversary.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST