BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #1
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Auto fold mirrors only via coding?

Cue new owner questions.....

I've spent a long time wandering through the owners manual as well as iDrive and I can't find anything about making the mirrors auto fold when you lock the car. I'm used to this from my 2008 C63, surely this has to be a features somewhere?

The only mention I can find when I search for it online refers to coding the car which seems a bit over the top? (to be fair I do want to code a few things, but still!)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
TonkaM6
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 Convertible LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Cue new owner questions.....

I've spent a long time wandering through the owners manual as well as iDrive and I can't find anything about making the mirrors auto fold when you lock the car. I'm used to this from my 2008 C63, surely this has to be a features somewhere?

The only mention I can find when I search for it online refers to coding the car which seems a bit over the top? (to be fair I do want to code a few things, but still!)
The folding mirrors do not fold with the use of the key. Will only with the fold button on the drivers door panel. I was a little shocked when I discovered this given the price and prestige of the car.

On a previous BMW it had the same feature and I found that it wasn’t codeable so could well be stuck with ‘pressing a button’
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #3
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

You can code auto-folding mirrors with Carly, so I'm assuming it can be done via other methods, also.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #4
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Yeah it can only be done with coding. I have it linked with my windows going up too.
Appreciate 0