BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Remmen Brakes: A possible alternative to BMW OEM CCB Rotors

For any folks with CCB's or looking to get away from rusty/dusty rotors. I have been searching for something to replace my CCB rotors when the fall out of spec. I found these folks https://www.remmenbrakes.com/ that are already making rotors for some exotic cars. I reached out to see if they had anything on the shelf yet for F1x/F06's, but they did not. I replied asking about possibly roadmap for development and got some "promising" info below.

I am in no way associated with them nor am I getting anything in return rather I'm just trying to solve a longer term maintenance concern of mine. Please reach out to them directly for any questions but please add comments below if you do as I am very interested to know if they are going to move forward.

From the Remmen Brakes Team:
Hi,

We are willing to look into for the F06/F10/F13 BMW applications, after a quick research, at OEM size which is 410x38mm front and 396x26mm rear, we would need approximately minimum 15 committed orders (one car set is considered one order) for the program to work, and you would look at approximately $9800 per car set at that volume, excluding shipping costs, it'll require minimum of 95 days for delivery.

That includes 4 carbon ceramic rotor assemblies, can work with factory brake pads, or Pagid RSC1 and similar brake pads.

Thank you,

Remmen Brakes
t: 905.985.9848
e: sales@remmenbrakes.com
w: www.remmenbrakes.com
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50
      11-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
They did mention in another email that they would consider doing a metal rotor conversion kit but I did not get any pricing on that.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
They did mention in another email that they would consider doing a metal rotor conversion kit but I did not get any pricing on that.
From what I understand If you dont track the car excessively over 600 degrees the rotors will last the life of the vehicle,Just pad changes Im still on my factory set at 36K miles and they still look thick ,I dont track the car,If you use the car on the street you wont need new rotors
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
From what I understand If you dont track the car excessively over 600 degrees the rotors will last the life of the vehicle,Just pad changes Im still on my factory set at 36K miles and they still look thick ,I dont track the car,If you use the car on the street you wont need new rotors
Are you using bmw pads? I am nearing 90k miles and although mine are still is in good shape and weigh in within spec I do plan on keeping the car for much longer as I pretty much have a new engine now.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #5
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Interesting find! What's strange is the OEM CCB rotors are crazy expensive individually (like $4k each), but you can get a full retrofit kit for c.$12k which includes "front and rear pads, calipers, carbon ceramic rotors, brake servo unit, front engine encapsulation, brake air deflector cover, and required hardware". Am I missing something or does that look like a good deal vs c.$10k for just the rotors from an aftermarket co?
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2020, 10:51 PM   #6
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Interesting find! What's strange is the OEM CCB rotors are crazy expensive individually (like $4k each), but you can get a full retrofit kit for c.$12k which includes "front and rear pads, calipers, carbon ceramic rotors, brake servo unit, front engine encapsulation, brake air deflector cover, and required hardware". Am I missing something or does that look like a good deal vs c.$10k for just the rotors from an aftermarket co?
Sounds like a great deal, do you know the part number for the kit? I love having spare parts on the shelf from unused parts or just go all out and refresh all the parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 02:30 AM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Just note, at $9800 for the set, you're near the same price at OEM.($12k for OEM) Now I'm guessing these will be technically cheaper for those who are currently running steel units, as we don't have to retrofit CCB calipers and booster, but, it's not exactly cheap enough IMO.
      11-05-2020, 02:57 AM   #8
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a great deal, do you know the part number for the kit? I love having spare parts on the shelf from unused parts or just go all out and refresh all the parts.
Link here https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...it-34112317804

Genuine BMW F10 M5, F12/13/06 M6 M Performance Carbon Ceramic Brake Retrofit Kit - Part Number 34-11-2-317-804
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 04:39 AM   #9
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Are you using bmw pads? I am nearing 90k miles and although mine are still is in good shape and weigh in within spec I do plan on keeping the car much longer as I pretty much have a new engine now.
Yes I still have the original BMW pads it came with , How many times did you change the pads on that set of rotors ?
90k Miles hywy miles or city , how many miles are cars getting with steel rotors ?
I believe CCB set of rotors can last up to 5+ sets longer than steel rotors
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Link here https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...it-34112317804

Genuine BMW F10 M5, F12/13/06 M6 M Performance Carbon Ceramic Brake Retrofit Kit - Part Number 34-11-2-317-804
That a better price than TMS! https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

Thanks for the share.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Yes I still have the original BMW pads it came with , How many times did you change the pads on that set of rotors ?
90k Miles hywy miles or city , how many miles are cars getting with steel rotors ?
I believe CCB set of rotors can last up to 5+ sets longer than steel rotors

Mostly Hwy miles sprinkled with some generous city driving. The previous owner had pads replaced at 65k miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #12
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That a better price than TMS! https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...uine-bmw-part/

Thanks for the share.
Np! I'm sure you can google search the p/n and see if anywhere else comes up even cheaper - that was the first result I found
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 10:33 PM   #13
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Np! I'm sure you can google search the p/n and see if anywhere else comes up even cheaper - that was the first result I found
I did dig around a bit but only found it cheaper by 100 bux so ya hit gold. I am definitely going to look a little more but after parting out pieces I don't use it could greatly reduce my cost on rotors and pads which will help keep the car in the drive way for many more years.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00