BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-12-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: g12 750xi , f13 M6

picking up my M6 on tuesday , want my iPhone to connect please help

Hey guys Im picking up my m6 tuesday and just want to be able to plug in my iPhone and listen to pandora on my ride home . I've attached the multimedia stuff it's equipped with and will bring a bundle of different cords with me haha . I have a g12 750 that ive been spoiled with the connectivity so taking this time warp back to cic i'd like to be as painless as possible . iPhone 15 pro max and iPhone 11 are my phones I carry , so as long as one of them i can get to play pandora with out the dreaded cannot read or the songs auto skipping every 5 seconds that would be great . Im guessing i need the usb aux Y cable ? but i definitely could be wrong . Thanks in advance

S6UH Traffic Information
S6AB Control, Teleservices
S645 BMW US Radio
S609 Navigation System Professional
S6VA CIC Assignment
S610 Head-Up Display
S697 Area-Code 1 For DVD
S677 HiFi System Professional DSP
S655 Satellite Tuner
S615 Extended BMW Online Information
S6NF Music Interface For Smartphone
S6AA BMW TeleServices
S6NL Connection Bluetooth + USB Devices Incl.
S6NR Apps
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 11:42 PM   #2
rotomoto712
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

I would highly recommend that you look into the MMI CarPlay unit from BimmerTech. I have the android version on my 2016 and it definitely helps bring the car into the modern era.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

You have the two options below:
  • S6NF Music Interface For Smartphone
  • S6NL Connection Bluetooth + USB Devices Incl.

S6NF means you should have Bluetooth A2DP connectivity with your phone. Just pair your phone to the car...and you can play the Pandora app on your phone and it will be played through your car's audio system...along with being able to make/receive phone calls from your phone and it will upload your address book as you drive home. Once your phone book/addresses have been uploaded...anytime that phone (or any of the phones you've paired to the vehicle) is in vicinity...it will have immediate access to receive/make calls etc...as well as play whatever audio/music app you are listening to on the phone when you get inside the car. You may have to press the MODE button on the steering wheel if you are also using NAV or listening to the car's radio or other features. The MODE button will allow you to instantly switch between the last two things your were listening to.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 03:25 PM   #4
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomoto712 View Post
I would highly recommend that you look into the MMI CarPlay unit from BimmerTech. I have the android version on my 2016 and it definitely helps bring the car into the modern era.
Yup I have already looked into this last night haha . Definitely will be on my to do list or a nbt retrofit
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 03:26 PM   #5
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
You have the two options below:
  • S6NF Music Interface For Smartphone
  • S6NL Connection Bluetooth + USB Devices Incl.

S6NF means you should have Bluetooth A2DP connectivity with your phone. Just pair your phone to the car...and you can play the Pandora app on your phone and it will be played through your car's audio system...along with being able to make/receive phone calls from your phone and it will upload your address book as you drive home. Once your phone book/addresses have been uploaded...anytime that phone (or any of the phones you've paired to the vehicle) is in vicinity...it will have immediate access to receive/make calls etc...as well as play whatever audio/music app you are listening to on the phone when you get inside the car. You may have to press the MODE button on the steering wheel if you are also using NAV or listening to the car's radio or other features. The MODE button will allow you to instantly switch between the last two things your were listening to.
Thanks for the info that’s exactly what I was wondering . Just have had issues before with it not working as it should when playing pandora . But let’s hope I can enjoy the ride home with some tunes
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 12:39 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

BTW...don't forget your USB charge cable...you can keep your phone powered up if you plug it into the USB port in the center console compartment...while streaming the tunes from Pandora over the car's speakers.

Or if you have lots of music downloads on your phone...if you connect to the USB port in the center console and select for it on the iDrive screen...you can play music that's on your phone over the car's system, too.

And if you have music uploaded on a thumbdrive...on the early models there's a USB port in the glovebox that will allow you to upload files directly to the CIC's hard drive.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1