BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-24-2024, 06:09 PM   #1
Luftpost
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 650 GC, E39’s, X70, X1

Mouse nest in engine bay

So I put the car up on the MaxJax today to get a good look at what I need tool wise to complete a front suspension refresh (Upper, Front, Rear control arms). Wanted to see how difficult it is to get to the Upper control arm bolts in the shock tower housing. So I removed the bit of plastic over the electronic box (passenger side at firewall) and discovered leaves and fuzz? Upon closer inspection I realized it was a nest from a mouse/mice. Vacuumed it out and discovered the only thing they chewed on was the insulation. There certainly were all kinds of other opportunities for those rascals to dine on that could have ended up with horrible results!

The car does sit at times for a week or more. Not sure if this nest is something recent or not. Anyone else have this issue and if so, what did you do to prevent it? I will be getting some mouse traps and place them in the garage.

Photos below. Kind of hard to see because the area of interest is not focused, sorry. It is a super tight squeeze. First photo shows the nest, second is after vacuuming and shows the chewing activity/result.

L

Appreciate 0