BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-13-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Couple of small niggles that I want to sort out and need a little advice

Hi

You may have seen my new F13 in the UK post recently. I’ve been loving the car and have just done a few maintenance items as needed since I’ve had it. But there are 2 items that are bugging me that im not sure where to start.

First is that on a call start, it idles ok for maybe 10 seconds then starts going very lumpy, just a very rough idle, for about 1 minute most, then if I leave it, it settles down again. If I try to drive it during the lumpy idle it’s not that easy. After that first start of the day it seems fine.
I have an eventuri intake on it and cold start has been deleted but MAFs have been cleaned throughly and filters are clean etc. Any ideas where I should start diagnosing the issue?
After this lumpiness the idle is generally fine although I suppose you could say there are minor fluctuations that can be heard more than seen on the dial.

Secondly, I find it really hard doing small manoeuvres in the car. I thought it was me just getting used to the way it drives but actually, what I find is that you almost have to build up a few revs before the car moves, so when you eventually do move, the car jumps forward, and it does the same in reverse. Selecting reverse gear gives me a shudder through the box, then also takes a few revs to get going by which time the car jumps because it’s like it’s engaged the clutch at too high a Rev. If I’m on flat ground and I’m really careful I can move off slowly but otherwise it makes parking or other small slow manoeuvres really difficult.

I have done a full gearbox adaptation and relearn with ISTA but now difference.

Any ideas would be really helpfully

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
M6Roar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M6GC

when I delete the cold start the same issue happened, try to revert back. I dropped my cold start to 1100RPM.

A light touch to the pedal will engage the clutch, but if you press it more than that the car will rev then clutch will engage.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:39 AM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Roar View Post
when I delete the cold start the same issue happened, try to revert back. I dropped my cold start to 1100RPM.

A light touch to the pedal will engage the clutch, but if you press it more than that the car will rev then clutch will engage.

I will try to flash the map with the cold start back on but with a lower rpm and see how it behaves then.

The light touch to the pedal does help in some scenarios but it still find low speed manoeuvring quite tricky a lot of the time, especially when doing something like reverse parallel parking and trying to go back and forward to straighten up. It can be difficult to not slam into the car in front or behind, or snap my passengers neck!
Appreciate 0