BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #89
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Sounds not too bad, although I still can't ever come to terms of with the rear end of the 8 GC.
It all comes down to personal preference. For me, the back end of the car has a nice dose of aggressiveness and presence when you're walking up to it amongst all the other cars in the parking lot. It might not quite measure up to a 6GC but let's be honest, that's a high bar to surpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ind_can View Post
Now you should've convinced them to get you an 850 Coupe or GC and that might've been more fun!
That would've been nice for sure! I was pleasantly surprised with how quick and fun to drive even the 840 was though. I expected it to be pretty lazy but in sport plus, the sound is surprisingly good (even if it is ASD influenced) and the steering response / damping control was very lively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Aw man! I've had a 230i for 2 weeks
I think I got pretty lucky on my loaner allocation as

a) I used to work for the dealer group that owns the BMW center I service at
b) They're a massive store that sells a ton of cars (BMW Minnetonka) and have the freedom to put nearly every model line in their service fleet
c) I was fortunate to be referred into my service advisor from one of his longtime friends and clients who has always had his M cars serviced with him

Regardless, it may be worth an ask when scheduling your next service appointment. Dealers do use loaners as a sales tactic, so they don't mind putting you in the next logical progression of what you're currently driving (if they can) which would be the 8 for us. It's a nice car, I highly recommend getting behind the wheel of one before making your final judgements.