BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Bimmercode

I just ordered Bimercode and an OBD thing to go with it. I know that I want to get rid of the seatbelt warning chimes and the annoying ‘Confirm’ notice on my GPS screen, and I also want to make my mirrors fold automatically when I lock the car. In looking at the code, the mirror folding seems to be tied to windows opening and closing as well. I have the comfort access option. Any suggestions? Recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40

I believe it's buried in there somewhere...mite b under footwell? I know my guy who did my coding at first he couldn't find it .. I took him the car again and that's when he finnaly found it ..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto...there are several selections under the FEM(front electronic module) or FRM (footwell module)...itdepends on model year which module(s) you have. But when the app reads your modules...look under which ever one of those modules you have.

There's so many choices...I can't remember them all...but yes, along with the mirrors being able to fold when convenient closing/opening the windows & doors...I believe there may be some other selections, too....like mirror folding with automatically (when the vehicle is locked/unlocked) without the requirement to open/close the windows.

If you're just looking at the demo app...you may have more selections...again because different BMW models/model years have different modules in their communication bus.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:07 PM   #4
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

that annoying bloody stop start default function! rid yourself of that too!

when my OBD thingy comes next week this is the first thing I'm disabling
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Will the Bimmercode app work with the Carly adapter?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #6
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Here’s a link to their list of compatible OBD2 things
https://bimmercode.app/adapters
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
I don’t think so. But you can check with Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
COBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i Convertible

Just installed it on my new car as well and the mirror folding is not as easy as you would like it to be. When locking you have to be close to the vehicle and hold down the lock button for a period of time to work. It doesn't just automatically work when you hit the lock button.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBMW View Post
Just installed it on my new car as well and the mirror folding is not as easy as you would like it to be. When locking you have to be close to the vehicle and hold down the lock button for a period of time to work. It doesn't just automatically work when you hit the lock button.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Although it does unfold them immediately. I went in there and set the folding delay to .5 seconds, which is a reasonably short period of time to keep my finger on the lock lines. It’s certainly easier than forgetting to fold them, walking back to the car opening the door, pushing the button, closing the door and then locking it again!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 03:07 AM   #10
biostar
Rep
Drives: F06 640i

Late to the coding game. Recently ordered and received a Vgate icar2 BT3.0 dongle. It is compatible with the Bimmercode app.

Enabled taillamp DRL
Enabled fold up mirrors upon pressing lock on the door handle
Disabled seatbelt chime
Disabled door open chime
Disabled auto start stop upon every startup
Enabled tire psi readings
Enabled digital speed reading on BC window in instrument cluster
Configured a setting on aircon memory so that it does not auto turn on upon every startup

Thankfully no disconnections during coding nor any coding failures.

Last edited by biostar; 08-12-2022 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 06:53 AM   #11
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

Is there an option to disable warning banner that blocks the top of surround view image?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 07:33 AM   #12
cdog2964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650i Xdrve

Quote:
Ah, thats why it wasnt working. I wasnt holding the lock button down long enough. I thought something was screwed up in the system. Good info, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #13
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog2964 View Post
Ah, thats why it wasnt working. I wasnt holding the lock button down long enough. I thought something was screwed up in the system. Good info, thanks.
In regard to "mirror folding"...make sure that you are activating the coding that you actually want. If you only code the mirror folding for convenience close...you will have to HOLD the button on the remote.

But there's also the FOLD/UNFOLD mirror option, too...and it has TWO coding steps.

See the two different mirror folding coding parameters from the Bimmercodeapp.com website below:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 12:37 PM   #14
jblindy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 650i GC, 2014 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinLowSD View Post
Is there an option to disable warning banner that blocks the top of surround view image?
Not sure about Bimmercode, but there is in Carly.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #15
debauch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6GC

Quote:
Yes. Disabled mine. The option is in simple mode.
      08-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #16
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauch View Post
Quote:
Yes. Disabled mine. The option is in simple mode.
jblindy, debauch, thank you. Relative merits between Carly and Bimmercode? Hadn't heard of Carly until today. Intend to purchase one in future. Would like to be able to recode, as well as read current vehicle sensor readings, even when there is no fault or other code coming up.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #17
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
jblindy, debauch, thank you. Relative merits between Carly and Bimmercode? Hadn't heard of Carly until today. Intend to purchase one in future. Would like to be able to recode, as well as read current vehicle sensor readings, even when there is no fault or other code coming up.
I have the combination of Bimmercode and Bimmerlink. It's handy to have it on your phone and just leave the Bluetooth dongle plugged in to the OBD II port. That way you can just park your phone wherever you like and watch live sensor data to your heart's content as you drive. The number of things you can monitor is ridiculous. You can also register a new battery and read and clear codes from all the modules, which is also a very large number. It does not have nearly the functionality of something like ISTA for sure - like you can't calibrate new injectors, but I once tried to downloaded ISTA and decided that laying in a bed of broken glass might be less painful.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #18
jblindy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 650i GC, 2014 328i

Quote:
I cannot give the specifics as to the similarities and differences between Carly and Bimmercode as I have used Carly exclusively pretty much since they introduced the app. The fact that I don't pay the yearly subscription fee in order to use Carly is testament to how long I have been a dedicated Carly user. I have nothing bad to say about Carly. It has served me well through the ownership of quite a few BMW's.

I do know that Bimmercode is specifically for coding. If you want diagnostics as well, then you will need to use either Carly or Bimmerlink. Carly does coding as well as diagnostics. Bimmercode handles the coding while Bimmerlink takes care of the diagnostics.

As with the iphone vs android debate, you will find hardcore Bimmercode/Bimmerlink users and you will find hardcore Carly users. In my opinion, they all get the job done. I stay with Carly simply because I paid the subscription when it was a one time fee with free lifetime availability.

Just do a google search on Carly vs Bimmercode/link in order to formulate your own opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 08:19 AM   #19
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep

Thanks Gents for the education. This is going to be fun.

It appears a previous owner already applied coding… auto start stop is not automatically on, and the car is completely disconnected from big brother ConnectedDrive. If they end up re-flashing altogether at the dealership to correct the lack of communication to SOS, I may lose all of that and can start fresh with what I want. I’m thinking if I ever sell, will supply information on any mods. Otherwise seems shady imho, since one can code out many warning lights.

Hmmmm… then again, will probably keep this future classic for long long time. Wrenches at the ready!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #20
biostar
Rep
Drives: F06 640i

I've disabled all seatbelt chimes on my F06 in simple mode on the bimmercode app. And it works like a charm! No seatbelt indicator on the instrument cluster too.
Appreciate 0