12-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #45
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Great point. Why not just have the tracking site say "Just relax fuck-face. You'll get your package when we get around to it and not a moment sooner."
Since there are only two lines in the tracking, I'll take your post as how I should read between the lines.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #46
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

I worked for a Silicon Valley outfit in the early 2000's. Every UPS package that got delivered there had had the bejeezus beat out of it. The damage was incredible. I was quite surprised because my east coast UPS experience was exemplary. Short version, I wonder how much of one's experience with a shipping company has to do with particular distribution centers one's items pass through.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      12-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #47
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Since there are only two lines in the tracking, I'll take your post as how I should read between the lines.
One of the foundations of customer satisfaction is managing expectations. Customers will be reasonable if they're given realistic expectations. If you can pleasantly surprise them once in a while by over-delivering, that's a bonus. But when you piss down their legs and tell them it's raining...very destructive.

But then the USPS doesn't give a rat's ass about our expectations; they only care that we keep sending bits of our paychecks to keep them afloat despite their complete incompetence. They're a diseased organism that needs to be either starved until dead or taken out behind the barn and have a bullet put behind its ear.

Last edited by pennsiveguy; 12-12-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #48
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
..Short version, I wonder how much of one's experience with a shipping company has to do with particular distribution centers one's items pass through.
/\ This /\.
My local USPS service is exceptional. UPS is fine as well, but Fedex for a while was horrible; now's better, but seems very few vendor use it so there must be some correlation.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #49
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I had 7 packages I was tracking with USPS at the end of last week. 5 of 7 were as you stated, either "late" or no updates whatsoever...
Update: add another “late” to the list, this one worth a LOT of money. Life insurance paperwork. Let us see if they lose this one...
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #50
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
My package finally showed up. So the tracking was "Label Created" and 4 days later "Out for Delivery." Why bother with tracking at all if no one is scanning labels at the intermediate stops?
Same here via USPS. Shipped Monday but only showed "Label Created"... been tracking and still showed Label Created until today when it moved to Out for Delivery.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16553.00
      12-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #51
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Same here via USPS. Shipped Monday but only showed "Label Created"... been tracking and still showed Label Created until today when it moved to Out for Delivery.
Also happened with 1 of 7 of my usps.

FedEx is 2 days late on 1:1 I had through them.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:29 PM   #52
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Between 2009 and 2013, I shipped over 200,000 packages with USPS. Zero were lost or damaged.

Right now, I have 6 purchases for Christmas presents that are in limbo with USPS. Tracking hasn’t updated. One package is as old as November 12th. Another package has taken 12 days to move from CT to MA (I’m in Colorado). Now, today, I find out that my Xbox Series X from Amazon has disappeared without a trace. Neither Amazon nor USPS knows what happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #53
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Between 2009 and 2013, I shipped over 200,000 packages with USPS. Zero were lost or damaged.

Right now, I have 6 purchases for Christmas presents that are in limbo with USPS. Tracking hasn’t updated. One package is as old as November 12th. Another package has taken 12 days to move from CT to MA (I’m in Colorado). Now, today, I find out that my Xbox Series X from Amazon has disappeared without a trace. Neither Amazon nor USPS knows what happened.
Damn that sucks, I didn't get my PS5 on launch day bc FedEx loaded it on the wrong truck and I was pissed. Amazon blows for using USPS for a $600 Xbox. I backed out of a few eBay deals bc the sellers refused to use anything but USPS even though I offered to cover all shipping costs. For the items that were already purchased, where the sellers turned down my request where I pay for shipping and UPS to pick the package up from their location, are all getting negative feedback. All 3 of those are at the bottom of piles at DCs for a couple weeks now.

USPS is taking their time with these thinking the customers complaining will make their situation better somehow but all its going to do is push us to exclusively use UPS or FedEx, ill never trust them again.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #54
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yep I agree. I will never use USPS again other than letters, and I’ve stopped purchasing from sellers who won’t use UPS or FedEx. DHL has been the best for me lately. Their tracking is incredible. I ordered a LEGO set from the UK and it arrived in 4 days. The tracking updated me with emails and texts every single day and they even sent me a special message when it cleared customs.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 12:00 AM   #55
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Maybe it is due to the fact that a lot of people and businesses send products. My orders took some time to be shipped out and delivered.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 01:25 AM   #56
longm1985
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi

I buy and sell old film cameras as a way to earn extra money whenever opportunity strikes. I've made real money on some stupidly small purchases.

Anyway, I always ship USPS flat rate. I've never had an issue with them. UPS has a history of just leaving a note rather than ACTUALLY FRICKING KNOCKING WHILE I'M HOME, and FedEx is just way too expensive for what you get.

Recently, I haven't shipped much out, but what I've bought coming USPS on 2 day takes like a week. I'm not a patient man. I don't like waiting. This made me wait. That is bad. This makes Mike mad. Don't make Mike mad. Just do what I pay you to. I had bought a collectible camera for my wife as a birthday present/something to cheer her up while we all had COVID, and it came the day she went back to work.

I get that it's the holidays. All I ask is that you don't tell me 2 day shipping when it's going to not be anywhere near 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
I hate when my d*ck flies out of my pants under hard braking, so I think the seats are great.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2020, 04:46 AM   #57
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I ordered 2 electrostatic sprayers. 900 bucks each for my business. Got the notification that Fedex Delivered them. Went to find box and no box. Called the vendor to say we did not get. Guy thinks I’m scamming him sends pod. I see Fuentes signed for it. We have no Fuentes. FedEx tells me it was delivered at 1:12pm. I roll back cameras and no Fedex truck.

I call vendor to deal With it. 3 days and nothing.

Tell him I’m call credit card not to pay or re ship.

While this is going on my loading dock calls. FedEx miss delivered it down block and neighbor is returning it.

All shippers suck!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 07:04 PM   #58
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Anyone ever get a delivery from LaserShip? They are the worst of the worst. After taking 8 hours for a package to get from Orlando to West Palm, it’s been sitting in West Palm for 2 days and still hasn’t made the remaining 20 miles to my house. This morning the tracking information said it would be delivered yesterday. It has since been updated to say it will be delivered today. Not gonna happen today.

They are probably waiting for a contractor to pick it up. I have seen them deliver in private cars that look like Uber drivers. So someone also needs to be here to let them in through the security gate because they can’t get in like USPS, UPS and FedEx.
vreihen1614906.00
      12-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #59
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Google Maps says that there is a LaserShip distribution center less than 1/2 mile from my house as the crow flies. I saw a box truck with their logo on it while driving through town only one time in 15 years.

Judging by the Google 2-star ratings, they are the lowest bidder for local Walmart e-commerce deliveries...and can't even do that right.....
      12-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #60
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longm1985 View Post
I buy and sell old film cameras as a way to earn extra money whenever opportunity strikes. I've made real money on some stupidly small purchases.

Anyway, I always ship USPS flat rate. I've never had an issue with them. UPS has a history of just leaving a note rather than ACTUALLY FRICKING KNOCKING WHILE I'M HOME, and FedEx is just way too expensive for what you get.

Recently, I haven't shipped much out, but what I've bought coming USPS on 2 day takes like a week. I'm not a patient man. I don't like waiting. This made me wait. That is bad. This makes Mike mad. Don't make Mike mad. Just do what I pay you to. I had bought a collectible camera for my wife as a birthday present/something to cheer her up while we all had COVID, and it came the day she went back to work.

I get that it's the holidays. All I ask is that you don't tell me 2 day shipping when it's going to not be anywhere near 2 days.
Like customer relations in any realm, it's all about managing expectations. If it's going to be 3 days after Hell freezes over, then say so up front. I'm a Minnesotan; I understand Hell and freezing temps. But if you tell me it's going to arrive 3 days from now...it had fucking well better be in my fucking lap 3 days from now.
longm1985398.50
      12-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #61
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Anyone ever get a delivery from LaserShip? They are the worst of the worst. After taking 8 hours for a package to get from Orlando to West Palm, it’s been sitting in West Palm for 2 days and still hasn’t made the remaining 20 miles to my house. This morning the tracking information said it would be delivered yesterday. It has since been updated to say it will be delivered today. Not gonna happen today.

They are probably waiting for a contractor to pick it up. I have seen them deliver in private cars that look like Uber drivers. So someone also needs to be here to let them in through the security gate because they can’t get in like USPS, UPS and FedEx.
I've not purposely used them. When I'd ordered protein & whatnot from Bodybuilding.com, LaserShip is their go-to. Tracking#s were never updated, and orders always showed up late, and as a partial when the packing slip showed the entire order.

I have a degree in Logistics & Supply Chain, worked several years in the trucking industry, and am in Purchasing now. That kind of stuff doesn't fly, especially by today's standards. So I don't understand how companies like this are still in business.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410883.50
      12-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #62
oVeRdOsE.
Major
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Ordered 3 items from same place on black friday, and all 3 can't be shipped in the same time :

-1 : received it
-2 : received it
-3 : WITHOUT any warning (call or email), they returned the parcel to the shipper. Reason : address doesn't exist. WTF, zip code? using your brain? call? They returned the parcel on dec 8, and still no trace of it, the store didn't revived it back yet.
Its a gift... Ill ask for I refund since I wont have it in time, and get something else somewhere.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #63
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

USPS is garbage. I have a package that as been going from Atlanta to my post office and back to Atlanta for the last 4 days. Covid may have made it a little worse but they have been terrible for years.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #64
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I have found that in the past decade, the mentality being demonstrated here has become a plague of modern day society. The lack of attention to detail and customer service in general has become so bad, that I find myself now thanking people for simply doing their job. As someone who used to groom salespeople, this upsets me. I used to only thank, tip or brag to supervisors about when employees went above and beyond; hell I even recruited employees to work for based off my experience with them. But now, I feel accomplished if I can just get someone to pay attention enough not to f*ck up what I'm working on.
Appreciate 4
RickFLM410883.50
vreihen1614906.00
M_Six16553.00
      12-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #65
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
I've not purposely used them. When I'd ordered protein & whatnot from Bodybuilding.com, LaserShip is their go-to. Tracking#s were never updated, and orders always showed up late, and as a partial when the packing slip showed the entire order.

I have a degree in Logistics & Supply Chain, worked several years in the trucking industry, and am in Purchasing now. That kind of stuff doesn't fly, especially by today's standards. So I don't understand how companies like this are still in business.
Yeah they are terrible. I would never select them if I had a choice but stores use who they use when they provide free shipping. This was a Williams-Sonoma purchase and fortunately not something perishable or otherwise critical to arrive quickly.
ramman434710.00
      12-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #66
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I have found that in the past decade, the mentality being demonstrated here has become a plague of modern day society. The lack of attention to detail and customer service in general has become so bad, that I find myself now thanking people for simply doing their job. As someone who used to groom salespeople, this upsets me. I used to only thank, tip or brag to supervisors about when employees went above and beyond; hell I even recruited employees to work for based off my experience with them. But now, I feel accomplished if I can just get someone to pay attention enough not to f*ck up what I'm working on.
Agree 100%. Clearly, expectations of competence and diligence are out the window, and it's now okay to execute correctly when it's easy and convenient, and to impregnate the poodle the other 80% of the time.