BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

BM3 alpina st0 600 map

So, it says no mods are needed. A map from a stock car. 600hp.
I did ask ptf support and they said it is safe to use on a daily with a stock 650. Is it so?

I am just wondering, this map looks more powerful that st1 93. Why then we need that st1?))) I do not install dps and other mods), decided better to pay off financing))))).

Flashed my stock 650, runs better. But I feel some noticeable shaking, not so big as when you have a dead coil or spark, but still can be noted.

Pros and cons regarding this map on a stock car?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolianovskyi View Post
I did ask ptf support and they said it is safe to use on a daily with a stock 650. Is it so?

I am just wondering, this map looks more powerful that st1 93. Why then we need that st1?))) I do not install dps and other mods), decided better to pay off financing))))).

Flashed my stock 650, runs better. But I feel some noticeable shaking, not so big as when you have a dead coil or spark, but still can be noted.

The map is the 600hp download from a stock Alpina b6 tune. It will NOT yield you 600hp on a 650i, as the Alpina tune requires the bigger Alpina turbos. That map I believe only boosts to about 12psi. Bm3 stage 1 93 will yield better power on your stock 650i, the map matches your cars specs. Bm3 stage 2 93 thou will provide much much better results, catless required.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Quote:

The map is the 600hp download from a stock Alpina b6 tune. It will NOT yield you 600hp on a 650i, as the Alpina tune requires the bigger Alpina turbos. Bm3 stage 1 93 will yield better power on your stock 650i. Bm3 stage 2 93 thou will provide much much better results, catless required.
Looks like that, yes. But why do I feel more torque (maybe power) with this alpina st0 map than with st1 93??? 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 08:23 PM   #4
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The map is the 600hp download from a stock Alpina b6 tune. It will NOT yield you 600hp on a 650i, as the Alpina tune requires the bigger Alpina turbos. Bm3 stage 1 93 will yield better power on your stock 650i. Bm3 stage 2 93 thou will provide much much better results, catless required.
Looks like that, yes. But why do I feel more torque (maybe power) with this alpina st0 map than with st1 93??? 🤷🏻*♂️
Stage 1 will boost to around 21psi, vs the 12psi on the Alpina tune so that wouldn't make sense. I have access to the Alpina tune but never bothered with it to be honest.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:36 PM   #5
Kolianovskyi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stage 1 will boost to around 21psi, vs the 12psi on the Alpina tune so that wouldn't make sense. I have access to the Alpina tune but never bothered with it to be honest.
At the same time, st1 93 gives 530-540hp as max, I believe. That is much less than st0 alpina 600, if they have 600 there)))
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At the same time, st1 93 gives 530-540hp as max, I believe. That is much less than st0 alpina 600, if they have 600 there)))
But your not getting anywhere near 600 hp on your 650i with the '600' Alpina tune. It's only 600 hp if you have the supporting hardware. Trust me I know the mods of the n63tu inside and out lol.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3