BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #287
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I wasn't at the scene, but there are only two answers:
  • The official answer: The DRE's on scene didn't observe any behaviors that would lead them to believe Wood's was significantly impaired enough to conduct any sobriety tests.
  • The alternative answer: The powers that be told them directly or indirectly to stand down and not go looking if it wasn't obvious.
Tiger Woods displays a pattern of substance abuse behind the wheel and has been involved in "off road" adventures. This is all somewhat interesting on a car forum but if an innocent pedestrian or other driver is inured or killed it will be inexcusable that he gets a pass.
I get it......and I agree about his pattern, but I assure you, regular people get passes all of the time under similar or worse circumstances. While I do agree that he has a problem, this was a solo vehicle traffic collision where he was the sole party injured (...and there was no serious property damage).
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #288
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
With no independent witness(es) it cannot be proven even though the suspicion is there. There are many considerations, but excessive speed is a factor. In order to prove reckless, an officer/deputy needs to observe the driving behavior OR have independent witnesses.

Yes! It happens all of the time. I've chosen not to write citations for it myself. I could upload photos of traffic collisions I've written where people were injured and I still didn't cite party #1.
There are two wrecks I've been involved in where I was glad the responding officer wrote the other offender a ticket. First was when I was on duty in the meat wagon responding for a one down on the sidewalk. We were lights and sirens up to an intersection where we were determining if we needed to turn left or right. We see the person in question to our right, signaled our intention to turn right with the turn signal, and proceeded to move. An idiot decided he didn't want to wait and proceeded to pass us on the right T-boning our unit. The ass through the entire crash investigation denied fault even though there were a ton of eye witnesses saying he ignored our emergency lights. He got written up for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. In addition to what this fool did by putting that rig out of service for weeks for repairs, he tied up a medic unit from our station that was sent to take care of the person we were responding to.

Next one was in my personal vehicle. A stupid idiot was paying attention more to her cell phone than driving. She veered past the double yellow line and hit me head on. This despite me on the horn and swerving as far as I could to the right in an attempt to avoid her. The responding cop also wrote her up. I think he issued two citations. He was as pissed as I was by her lack of care to pay attention to actually driving.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24976.00
      04-08-2021, 12:21 PM   #289
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
With no independent witness(es) it cannot be proven even though the suspicion is there. There are many considerations, but excessive speed is a factor. In order to prove reckless, an officer/deputy needs to observe the driving behavior OR have independent witnesses.

Yes! It happens all of the time. I've chosen not to write citations for it myself. I could upload photos of traffic collisions I've written where people were injured and I still didn't cite party #1.
There are two wrecks I've been involved in where I was glad the responding officer wrote the other offender a ticket. First was when I was on duty in the meat wagon responding for a one down on the sidewalk. We were lights and sirens up to an intersection where we were determining if we needed to turn left or right. We see the person in question to our right, signaled our intention to turn right with the turn signal, and proceeded to move. An idiot decided he didn't want to wait and proceeded to pass us on the right T-boning our unit. The ass through the entire crash investigation denied fault even though there were a ton of eye witnesses saying he ignored our emergency lights. He got written up for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. In addition to what this fool did by putting that rig out of service for weeks for repairs, he tied up a medic unit from our station that was sent to take care of the person we were responding to.

Next one was in my personal vehicle. A stupid idiot was paying attention more to her cell phone than driving. She veered past the double yellow line and hit me head on. This despite me on the horn and swerving as far as I could to the right in an attempt to avoid her. The responding cop also wrote her up. I think he issued two citations. He was as pissed as I was by her lack of care to pay attention to actually driving.
Two deserved citations for sure. I'm glad that worked out on your behalf. That second TC could've ended very badly.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      04-09-2021, 07:48 AM   #290
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25-X

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ay/7151217002/

===

Tiger Woods mistakenly thought he was in the state of Florida when he was interviewed by a sheriff’s deputy at a Los Angeles area hospital after he crashed his vehicle in February, according to a 22-page collision report that reveals several new details about the collision sequence and aftermath.

Among the revelations in the report:

The legendary golfer’s blood pressure also was “too low to administer any type of pain medication” shortly after the crash.

An empty pharmaceutical bottle was found in a backpack at the scene of the crash with no label or indication of what was inside it.

---

Smith interviewed a paramedic who described Woods’ pupils as “slightly sluggish,” but the paramedic attributed the sluggish pupils to the trauma Woods had sustained from the collision.

A sheriff’s captain said Woods’ low blood pressure “was consistent with shock as a result of collision and the injuries (Woods) sustained.” The same captain said Woods was "somewhat combative" when they were trying to treat him on the scene of the crash. This also was determined to be consistent with the trauma Woods sustained.

Deputy Kyle Sullivan reported he interviewed Woods at the hospital after the crash that day while an injury to Woods’ face was being stitched.

“I then asked (Woods) if he is able to tell me about what happened regarding the traffic collision,” Sullivan wrote. Woods “told me he did not remember being involved in a traffic collision. (Woods) thought he was currently in the state of Florida.”
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25073.50
minn1914012.00
      04-09-2021, 08:59 AM   #291
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Woods still thought he was in Florida the day after the crash?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #292
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

It's certainly possible. If the accounts are correct with the above linked story, everything written is consistent with head trauma. With the amount of damage the car sustained with the air bags going off, I can easily see his head sustaining some significant impact force.

I've witnessed this myself in treating patients with head trauma. Not being aware where they are. Combativeness. Etc.

This is where toxicology/blood work would fill in the gaps.
Appreciate 1
dtox9336.00
      04-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #293
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It must be remembered also that with Tiger not remembering anything it's possible that after initial impact that other impacts AFTER the air bags were deployed may have contributed to more injuries.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #294
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

As an additional note. With all of the things mentioned in the story and the major mechanism of injury, I would have transported him as a priority 1 which is pretty much a load and go to the nearest trauma center. The sluggish pupil reaction and loss of consciousness (LOC) would create great concern with me.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #295
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It must be remembered also that with Tiger not remembering anything it's possible that after initial impact that other impacts AFTER the air bags were deployed may have contributed to more injuries.
I had my bell royally rung while I was in the US Army when our radar tower tipped over. I was at the 24 foot level (top). I remember nothing after the first hint that tower was moving. I don't remember the fall or hitting the ground. My brain didn't have time to record the accident.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #296
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I had my bell royally rung while I was in the US Army when our radar tower tipped over. I was at the 24 foot level (top). I remember nothing after the first hint that tower was moving. I don't remember the fall or hitting the ground. My brain didn't have time to record the accident.
How did you end up as regards injury.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #297
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

I think our brains, to some degree, blackout the details of a traumatic accident. I was in a serious school bus wreck in the 6th grade, I barely remembered any of it after it happened. I've been in a couple of car accidents since, same thing.
      04-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #298
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregrobin View Post
I think our brains, to some degree, blackout the details of a traumatic accident.
If this were not true, the human race would have died out LONG ago, shortly after the first or second birth.
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      04-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #299
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

So hes travelling 40mph over the posted limit, there's an empty prescription bottle at the scene, and he thought he was in Florida. But no indication of DUI? Really? And we're supposed to believe this isn't wealth privilege?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #300
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
So hes travelling 40mph over the posted limit, there's an empty prescription bottle at the scene, and he thought he was in Florida. But no indication of DUI? Really? And we're supposed to believe this isn't wealth privilege?
He had also just been subjected to the impact(s) associated with a major traffic collision (...head trauma, etc.). It's not wealth privilege because not being cited for an infraction happens all of the time in solo TC collisions with no serious property damage. I cite probably 50% of the time when it comes to traffic collisions, and I'm not running into celebs in my gang infested patrol area.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #301
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He had also just been subjected to the impact(s) associated with a major traffic collision (...head trauma, etc.). It's not wealth privilege because not being cited for an infraction happens all of the time in solo TC collisions with no serious property damage. I cite probably 50% of the time when it comes to traffic collisions, and I'm not running into celebs in my gang infested patrol area.
So, he was travelling waaay over the limit before the alleged head trauma; the empty pill bottle...And this did not raise suspicion of dui with any of the officers?

Sorry, this is complete bs, and wealth privilege at its definition.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #302
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So, he was travelling waaay over the limit before the alleged head trauma; the empty pill bottle...And this did not raise suspicion of dui with any of the officers?

You are going to believe what you want. Nothing I can say here is going to change your mind.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #303
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

you're right on that. It's a hard one to swallow. You work for CNN? Lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #304
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
you're right on that. It's a hard one to swallow. You work for CNN? Lol.
Funny!

No, I'm just telling you that Tiger's treatment following that collision is not unusual at all. I've been at the law enforcement game a long time and I've worked tons of collisions (...and I work probably 5 collisions a shift; more when I was working freeways with my prior agency). Tiger's crash wasn't a big deal. It was only made a big deal by the media because he was behind the wheel. Excessive speed solo collisions happen all of the time and Jane or Joe Schmoe aren't cited.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #305
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Funny!

No, I'm just telling you that Tiger's treatment following that collision is not unusual at all. I've been at the law enforcement game a long time and I've worked tons of collisions. Tiger's crash wasn't a big deal. It was only made a big deal by the media because he was behind the wheel. Excessive speed solo collisions happen all of the time and Jane or Joe Schmoe aren't cited.
You forgot the part about America still being mad at him.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #306
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Quote:
Funny!

No, I'm just telling you that Tiger's treatment following that collision is not unusual at all. I've been at the law enforcement game a long time and I've worked tons of collisions. Tiger's crash wasn't a big deal. It was only made a big deal by the media because he was behind the wheel. Excessive speed solo collisions happen all of the time and Jane or Joe Schmoe aren't cited.
You forgot the part about America still being mad at him.
That's independent of the scope of my department working his collision site.
Appreciate 3
clutchdj1872.50
dtox9336.00
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 02:20 PM   #307
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

not sure why you have such a hard on for tiger, was your gf one of the perkins waitresses or something, but there are plenty of "normal" people that dont get cited in 1 person wrecks with little to no property damage.

Hell, i had an employee the other day total his truck in a 1 person wreck after going off into a ditch. He didnt remember anything about the crash, had similar symptoms and reactions as tiger did (combative, pupils, etc) and they didnt do any bloodwork on him either. And this guy has a history of multiple DUIs. He wasnt cited on the scene or after. They just loaded him up into the ambulance and did a quick interview at the hospital.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24976.00
MKSixer34173.50
      04-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #308
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:

not sure why you have such a hard on for tiger, was your gf one of the perkins waitresses or something, but there are plenty of "normal" people that dont get cited in 1 person wrecks with little to no property damage.

Hell, i had an employee the other day total his truck in a 1 person wreck after going off into a ditch. He didnt remember anything about the crash, had similar symptoms and reactions as tiger did (combative, pupils, etc) and they didnt do any bloodwork on him either. And this guy has a history of multiple DUIs. He wasnt cited on the scene or after. They just loaded him up into the ambulance and did a quick interview at the hospital.
^^^This!

Now Paris Hilton is another story. She definitely got preferential treatment while in our jails. No doubt about that!!!! We made the jail into a 3-Star hotel for her, which was significantly better than the -5 Star jail everybody else was in.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50