BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
SyedShah_
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW 640D Gran Coupe LCI
Join Date: May 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

640D Gran Coupe LCI Parking Sensor Issue

Hey all.

My PDC system has recently gone completely beserk and keeps springing up issues about not being able to work. The rears are fine, however I have identified one particular sensor at the front end.

It does however trip out the whole system. I have seen that all sensors apart from just that particular one work. Everytime I try to use the surround view camera system, the whole system just switches off and continually springs warnings that make it an all together frustrating experience.

My question is, would 1 faulty sensor cause the whole PDC system to bug out? It does work sometimes, and other days it doesn't, very tempremental.

Also, how easy is it to replace the sensor? Do I just take off the bumper and it's a plug and play part or? I've managed to source a replacement original BMW sensor.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Opie55
Major
359
Rep
1,148
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedShah_ View Post
Hey all.

My PDC system has recently gone completely beserk and keeps springing up issues about not being able to work. The rears are fine, however I have identified one particular sensor at the front end.

It does however trip out the whole system. I have seen that all sensors apart from just that particular one work. Everytime I try to use the surround view camera system, the whole system just switches off and continually springs warnings that make it an all together frustrating experience.

My question is, would 1 faulty sensor cause the whole PDC system to bug out? It does work sometimes, and other days it doesn't, very tempremental.

Also, how easy is it to replace the sensor? Do I just take off the bumper and it's a plug and play part or? I've managed to source a replacement original BMW sensor.

Thanks for your help.
They are plug and play. They just press into a round housing that is double-sided taped to the bumper. Bumper is not too hard to remove. I've had mine off twice recently and could do it in my sleep. Let me know if you need pointers there. Mine has night vision, which makes the job take twice as long, but few cars have that.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
SyedShah_
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW 640D Gran Coupe LCI
Join Date: May 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
They are plug and play. They just press into a round housing that is double-sided taped to the bumper. Bumper is not too hard to remove. I've had mine off twice recently and could do it in my sleep. Let me know if you need pointers there. Mine has night vision, which makes the job take twice as long, but few cars have that.
Thanks man. I don't have night vision, hardly any UK 6 series have night vision so doubt that will be a thing here. Only surround view camera
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #4
Opie55
Major
359
Rep
1,148
Posts

Drives: '15 650i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Surround view cameras are easy. Once you remove enough fender liner bolts to pull them back, each camera is held in by two pretty small torx screws. You remove the screws and the cameras just slide straight out. Then just let them hang there by the wire. No need to take them fully off.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
SyedShah_
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW 640D Gran Coupe LCI
Join Date: May 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Surround view cameras are easy. Once you remove enough fender liner bolts to pull them back, each camera is held in by two pretty small torx screws. You remove the screws and the cameras just slide straight out. Then just let them hang there by the wire. No need to take them fully off.
Much appreciated bud! I'm going to get it sorted over the weekend if i can make some time. Got a 1500 mile trip on monday so you'd think i would!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST